• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Prof. Sudgestions (Farmer and Merchant mostly)

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
So... I have been thinking a bit, since the new map and such that we now have and the changes in the crafting, I was thinking about some professions, and that some of them were underplayed. So I have though about some thing. Here are some suggestions for some classes, and the though process behind them.

Farmer;

Right now, farmer are those that can get the most food, but with all the other ways to have good food like cooked pork and such, it seems a bit useless. Also the fact that they don't get money that much except by breaking wheat is problematic, cause other people can get wheat and money. So I was thinking about a certain skill

Farmers touch: For 10-20 seconds, when the farmer breaks wheat, carrots or potato's, a sprout of that plant is placed automatically. This will permit farmers to waste less time replanting, and will permit them to have a way to regain money faster in the long run. This or make them plant a half way done plant, or full, depending on what you think.

Natures weaver: Reagent: 5-10 wheat. The farmer, using his skills of nature, creates a piece of leather from wheat. This will permit farmers to have a better way to get leather then killing cows, that now have a lower chance of dropping leather.

With this, I feel like farmers would have enough things.

Merchant

Ahh.... good old merchant... able to make shops of anything and everything... that is... it was good until they lost their ability to trade with villagers. Because of this, some of the products they had was now lost, and made emerald rather hard to get... so here a small idea...

Merchant's contacts: Using a certain table of items, the merchant is able to trade off items for other items, a bit like the villagers from before, but with this, the server will have control of what they can trade it for. A idea of something would be trading 2 diamonds for 1 emerald, and things like that. Trade 6 gold for 1 diamond, or 1 diamond for 4 gold... Something like this. There would need to have a certain table to exchange stuff, and it could have a 10 second cooldown. Another idea would be to make prices very high for a starting merchant, and lower them the more the merchant levels up.

Engineer

Engineer, the one class that is rather rarely played. Reason: Apart from the redstone contraptions that it can make, it does nto have a real way to get money except by contracts with other people, and that is a one time deal. A gate, and it's over, and things like that. I know it is the redstone fanatic profession, but I feel like it needs something more...

Simply make it that it can sell redstone. At the moment it can sell redstone POWERED devices, not redstone itself (At least that what the wiki says.). Adding this will make them able to have another way to get some income from other players.

Runesmith

Same as Engineer, maybe adding them a redstone shop, instead of only runestones to sell.

Well, that what I think. Sudgestions would be good. This is just to balance out a bit how the professions are.

yeelowsnow

Legacy Supporter 9
Ahh.... good old merchant... able to make shops of anything and everything... that is... it was good until they lost their ability to trade with villagers. Because of this, some of the products they had was now lost, and made emerald rather hard to get... so here a small idea...

Merchant's contacts: Using a certain table of items, the merchant is able to trade off items for other items, a bit like the villagers from before, but with this, the server will have control of what they can trade it for. A idea of something would be trading 2 diamonds for 1 emerald, and things like that. Trade 6 gold for 1 diamond, or 1 diamond for 4 gold... Something like this. There would need to have a certain table to exchange stuff, and it could have a 10 second cooldown. Another idea would be to make prices very high for a starting merchant, and lower them the more the merchant levels up.

reminds me of the Equivalent Exchange mod from FTB