• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Resolved Private LWC issues

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
When I use /cprivate (@Admin) (User) to lock a chest with LWC, it sets up the permissions (or so it says), but no one other than myself can open the chest. It always tells others that it's locked with a magical spell, even when they are on the permitted user list, or even when they have (@admin) permissions.

I AM able to set up LWCs with passwords using /cpassword <password> but It'd be nice if I could just specify the allowed users instead of having to deal with passwords.

Any thoughts?

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I'm pretty sure the command is:

/cprivate @[player name]

i.e. you don't need to put "Admin" in anywhere. @ before player name for admin access, nothing before player name for ordinary access.

Added: ok, having looked at the wiki I can see how it could be confusing. I'll have a think about how I can make it clearer - or help yourself, XenZan :p

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
I was using Admin and User as placeholders for usernames.
But just to clarify,

/cprivate (XenZan) (WitchOnaRampage)

would give me admin access to the LWC and you regular access, yes?
If so, that's what I've been inputting.

Also, when I do /cinfo it shows every player I've added to the access list, including a @ if I gave them admin access, but none of the players on the list can even open the chest.

EDIT: Heheh, I've been compiling a small list of things I need to edit on there ;)

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
/cprivate (XenZan) (WitchOnaRampage)
would give me admin access to the LWC and you regular access, yes?

That's my understanding - but without the brackets, yes? Last time I set up an LWC with shared access was about 10 days ago, and it worked fine. Are you saying you've set up shared LWCs before that worked, and that it's recently stopped working?

EDIT: Heheh, I've been compiling a small list of things I need to edit on there ;)
:D:D:D And you will be starting... when? :p Forget the list, just do it!

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
So... The parenthesis are not supposed to be entered in the command? I assumed they were, and when I /cinfo, it shows the players in a list that I've added, so I assumed it worked, other than the fact that it wasn't working. I can give it a try without the ( ) around the names (and possibly close this thread in shame since I should have just asked you in the first place :p )

:D:D:D And you will be starting... when? :p Forget the list, just do it!
Yeah, yeah :rolleyes:
Not all of us can be as awesome as you, oh master of wikis. :p
I'm only just getting to the point I can test things out, so It's slow going making sure I don't put incorrect info in xD

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
You don't need brackets or parenthesis at all.. Pretty sure the command simply would be
/cmodify Jonsoon
Then click the chest

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I'm only just getting to the point I can test things out, so It's slow going making sure I don't put incorrect info in xD

To a certain extent you gotta just get over this.

One thing I've learned being an editor is that I just had to get used to asking stupid questions... it's my job to understand things because if I don't then I can't explain stuff in a way that other people can understand too.

Another thing I've had to learn is that NO ONE is perfect... not even editors, hahahahahaha.

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
You are both correct. I got it to function properly when I didn't use the ( ) in the usernames.
My bad. Sorry for the misinformation xD
This thread can be eliminated if it pleases the mods.

WitchOnaRampage Yeah, I understand. I'd just like to avoid misinforming (and hopefully make as little a fool out of myself as possible xD )