• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Prevention of Grinding Low levels for KDR

TheManiac23

Legacy Supporter 9
Dunno if its posible but i think there should be a prevention against grinding low levels just to increase your KDR.
Some ppl kill the same person again and again just to have the highest KDR (especially during the Clan Event).

I think we should add a Limit to the kill points someone can get from killing the same person the whole time.
Or a timer like "Dont gives a kill point for XXX Minutes after being killed"

Its just sad this event being more of a "grind low levels" than fighting real enemys.

cat_8898

Legacy Supporter 5
@TheManiac23 can you please tell me who my REAL enemy is? All of them got banned, who do i fight? You sure as hell never come out of your town for PVP, but hey maybe you dont want to and thats fine. But who do i kill if no one is on/hiding inside of a town. Lmao silly post

TheManiac23

Legacy Supporter 9
Who are you rate my post as silly?

When someone doesnt want to pvp you dont have the permission to force them or rate then in any way.

Btw. My post doesnt say you cant kill the. It just says you shouldnt get points for killing a noob on level 2 every 2 seconds.

Last edited:

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Honestly, this is going to lead to another PvE vs. PvP debate. As I see it, PvE should be removed totally however certain things would also need to be changed. There may again need to be a required level before you can PvP, however the level needs to be required in your combat class and your crafter level has no impact on it. (maybe around 20-25 or so? But for a t2 always have pvp on) Anyone under the gap can PvP others around their level. This would take away from confusion about war and getting killed in PvE, and less confusion and the bounty system.

Maybe set aside a few dungeons for some people to level peacefully, lots of people don't like to fight with mobs around because they are really annoying anyway, and give the Dungeons with PvP on like a 5-10% increase in xp. This is NOT me just trying to get rid of PvE, but it would take away from much confusion from new players.

TheManiac23

Legacy Supporter 9
And again. I didnt say they should remove the potential to kill someone. i said they should limit the KDR points you can get from killing the same person again and again. Some ppl may have fun doing that but thats no real pvp for me if you have an enemy whcih has 0 chance to be dangerous for you.
And then kill him again and again just to show off "oh i have killed 1000 ppl........but 99% were below level 5"

MajDeath

Portal
You know what would be great? A separate KDR to show how good at noob stomping you are.

Last edited:

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
Honestly, this is going to lead to another PvE vs. PvP debate. As I see it, PvE should be removed totally however certain things would also need to be changed. There may again need to be a required level before you can PvP, however the level needs to be required in your combat class and your crafter level has no impact on it. (maybe around 20-25 or so? But for a t2 always have pvp on) Anyone under the gap can PvP others around their level. This would take away from confusion about war and getting killed in PvE, and less confusion and the bounty system.

Maybe set aside a few dungeons for some people to level peacefully, lots of people don't like to fight with mobs around because they are really annoying anyway, and give the Dungeons with PvP on like a 5-10% increase in xp. This is NOT me just trying to get rid of PvE, but it would take away from much confusion from new players.

The pvp grace period suggested so many times over the years, the consensus has always been that it could be abused. One could make a low level character, decide to stay low level, and pretty much get a free pass to walk around. Stealing whatever they want, harassing you if they so desired while staying untouchable.

The thing with KDR is that it doesn't depict how talented people are, more of how cowardly they are. Though I know the KDR system sorta enforces that kind of behavior. Perhaps have higher level characters be worth more points and lower level characters worth less? So that there is some incentive to go after stronger enemies then weaker ones.

Last edited:

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
The pvp grace period suggested so many times over the years, the consensus has always been that it could be abused. One could make a low level character, decide to stay low level, and pretty much get a free pass to walk around. Stealing whatever they want, harassing you if they so desired while staying untouchable.

The thing with KDR is that it doesn't depict how talented people are, more of how cowardly they are. Though I know the KDR system sorta enforces that kind of behavior. Perhaps have higher level characters be worth more points and lower level characters worth less? So that there is some incentive to go after stronger enemies then weaker ones.
there are ways around that sort of thing :p . I'm not suggesting a timer, just because you spend time on a server doesn't mean you are actually learning how your class works and such. But On PvP deaths it could be made different for the drops where only the person that killed you can access your deathchest after like 5 mins (because 10 mins is way too long to wait for loot :/ ) then after they exit the chest, it breaks letting anyone grab the items. Maybe something like this may work? Yes, it would take coding and work however if it keeps players on the server it would be worth it :p

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
there are ways around that sort of thing :p . I'm not suggesting a timer, just because you spend time on a server doesn't mean you are actually learning how your class works and such. But On PvP deaths it could be made different for the drops where only the person that killed you can access your deathchest after like 5 mins (because 10 mins is way too long to wait for loot :/ ) then after they exit the chest, it breaks letting anyone grab the items. Maybe something like this may work? Yes, it would take coding and work however if it keeps players on the server it would be worth it :p
True! There would need to be some changes but it could be made to work.... I was mostly thinking of people using low levels as safe scouts and whatnot. I'm not sure about other cases but a level 15 druid could still help impact a fight by placing up earth walls safely, or trying to jump in front of arrows/spells.

That would be fantastic xD

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
True! There would need to be some changes but it could be made to work.... I was mostly thinking of people using low levels as safe scouts and whatnot. I'm not sure about other cases but a level 15 druid could still help impact a fight by placing up earth walls safely, or trying to jump in front of arrows/spells.

That would be fantastic xD
If they are in a party combat could tag the entire party, and if they aren't then... Make a rule against it, with punishment similar to bounty rigging

Btw Elo leads to camping aswell :p