• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

post your gaming setup here!

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Xanipher said:
Amgroma said:
Xanipher said:
Amgroma said:
gabizou said:
Amgroma, was that necessary? The computer was bought 6 months ago. Its not like we recently bought it during the refresh of the Intel cores. And turbo boost is always usefull. The graphics card is still leaving something wanting of course. OTherwise I completely agree that Apple's hardware is not the greatest nor is it leaving you accomplished. But spending so much time on the post seems like you really had nothing better to do.

Yes it's necessary. Some people have ocd, some people have add, I have ahs. Apple Hatred Syndrome. :)

It makes you look elitist. He doesn't shove his computer preferences in your face, don't do it to him. I've used macs since the early 90's and while they used to be completely terrible, damn have they stepped up. Nothing is perfect and every choice has its pros and cons. PC fanboys can be even worse than Mac fanboys. Case in point.

EDIT: yes those are tiny robots that I made hah.

It's not the Mac, its the company. Everything Apple sells, is overpriced. The company is manipulative. They take advantage of tech-illiterate people, and have manipulative advertisement schemes that fucking work. Most of my damn friends spend $500 on a new iphone every 6 months because they are so "Innovative". Then when we go out somewhere, I always have to fucking sit there and hear them complain about how slow the phone is, etc. That or brag, depends how long he's had it. Same with Mac computers. The OS, is alright for those who not smart enough to use a regular OS. But the computers, are overpriced, overrated, over advertised, shit.

There's a difference between a fanboy who hates it because he's never used it or cant afford it, and a person who has pure unadulterated hatred for the despicable sales morals of a company.

It's their fault for not doing their research, it's their life and if they want omgnewshiny then let them. I fucking hate hearing about it, its never ending mac vs pc bullshit, I've heard it so damned much that I want to kick you in the dick for even bringing it up.

So how about them Mavericks?

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
gabizou said:
Xanipher said:
Amgroma said:
Xanipher said:
Amgroma said:
Yes it's necessary. Some people have ocd, some people have add, I have ahs. Apple Hatred Syndrome. :)

It makes you look elitist. He doesn't shove his computer preferences in your face, don't do it to him. I've used macs since the early 90's and while they used to be completely terrible, damn have they stepped up. Nothing is perfect and every choice has its pros and cons. PC fanboys can be even worse than Mac fanboys. Case in point.

EDIT: yes those are tiny robots that I made hah.

It's not the Mac, its the company. Everything Apple sells, is overpriced. The company is manipulative. They take advantage of tech-illiterate people, and have manipulative advertisement schemes that fucking work. Most of my damn friends spend $500 on a new iphone every 6 months because they are so "Innovative". Then when we go out somewhere, I always have to fucking sit there and hear them complain about how slow the phone is, etc. That or brag, depends how long he's had it. Same with Mac computers. The OS, is alright for those who not smart enough to use a regular OS. But the computers, are overpriced, overrated, over advertised, shit.

There's a difference between a fanboy who hates it because he's never used it or cant afford it, and a person who has pure unadulterated hatred for the despicable sales morals of a company.

It's their fault for not doing their research, it's their life and if they want omgnewshiny then let them. I fucking hate hearing about it, its never ending mac vs pc bullshit, I've heard it so damned much that I want to kick you in the dick for even bringing it up.

So how about them Mavericks?

Local sports team might win it this year.

deadandown

Legacy Supporter 3
amgroma stop being a troll on people. We just post our setups and go on, and just because "its a mac" doesnt mean you can just bash on peoples shit. Mac vs Pc is a matter of total opinion and it needs to stay that way.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
We need more setups posted to help us all to forget the terrible tragedy that befell this page when the prophesied battle between mac and pc hit this page like a sack of bricks.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
Oh that reminds me, happy slightly belated birthday Doreagarde =D The bottom of the forum said it yesterday but I forgot to make a thread for it so I'll just say happy b-day in here. =D

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Thanks, wolfgang. Now post some computers, you thankless swine! Not you, wolfgang. You did good on page 2.

Several cool stuff in this setup, and all came at a reasonable price.

Starting from least favorite to most favorite.

On the right - HP Laptop (nothing special) - 4GB DDR3 RAM - lame graphics card, 500GB Hard Drive Space. (Light, Compact, Minecraft Weekend Getaway Laptop)

Middle - 42" Vizio LCD 720p HD TV. Again, nothing too special, but the picture on this has never let me down, and in comparison to what Wal-Mart has on it's wall nowadays I'd say the picture is still viable.

Speakers/Entertainment System - 5 Infinity Surround sound speakers (Towered), one 8 inch Infinity sub-woofer, and one Sony DH-500 Multi-Channel Receiver.

Xbox 360 (Original Model) No HDMI Port(s) :( , Wireless Controllers, XBL Gamertag - DETR1METH.

And my personal favorite, bought for my graduation in 09'. My Gateway FX Edition Laptop, 4GB DDR3 Memory, 1GB Dedicated Graphics - GDDR3 (Nvidia 9800M GTS Cuda), Only issue I have is much of the ventilation is out of one small area, and unless the laptop is propped up just right, it will get extremely hot.