• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Possible uses for emeralds

alexhoff1

Gold
So right now the only use for emeralds is restoring a little mana in pvp.

I don't know how long it will take to burn the stacks and stacks I got mining, but I have the feeling it would take me at least a month constantly doing it when the cooldown is off to get rid of them.

So some potential changes to make emeralds useful again. None of these are actually like balanced or even fair amounts really, I'm just spitballing ideas.

1. Require 10+ blocks to build a tribe building.
2. Make a server shop that buys them 2s per. They're rarer than gold (and have few uses), so they should probably be like 1.75 or 2s per.
3. Create something like a "GemTransfusion" building, which turns emeralds into useful stuff. What? I don't know. Something.

I just want to see more uses for this rare item, since villager trading isn't implemented.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
1. Seems a little unecessary being that tribes now cost (basically) 2,000s to create, making 20 emerald blocks obsolete cost-wise, plus many people actually struggle with mining (Just in case you didn't already hear that in chat).

2. A little too easy to make money then.

3. The entire reason that we have alchemist, other than potion making.

I do agree that something has to be done about emeralds but not necessarily these things.
Maybe something to with custom items or codex making (bump from another thread).

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
1. Require 10+ blocks to build a tribe building.

Could indeed be implemented for townships again, despite the siege cannons I mean, but rather for a higher tier township like a village or maybe for structures of power? @Alator

2. Make a server shop that buys them 2s per. They're rarer than gold (and have few uses), so they should probably be like 1.75 or 2s per.

More valuable than Diamond? You can use Diamond atleast to craft Tools and Armors and Diamond alone is worth about 1.5s, 2s when being generous. Emerald has no further use in the game, as you know for yourself. I see that it should have a higher value compared to the Gold Ingots shop at The Exchange, but then there is another conflict on the player market, like with the Gold Ingots (saying that no Player can sell Gold Ingots anymore, because selling more expensive than the exchange shop is as retarded as selling cheaper is). Can't agree to that idea, but it's not up to me to decide. It's an economy issue however.

3. Create something like a "GemTransfusion" building, which turns emeralds into useful stuff. What? I don't know. Something.

I've heard about GemGroups for custom items but never got further info on that. Maybe they will have a use as in weapon socketing or other improvements, not sure about it though. Alternatively I can imagine a Jeweler or something to gain additional souls, as a township region. @Alator

3. The entire reason that we have alchemist, other than potion making.

Where does an Alchemist use emeralds though?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
I did think about this a while ago. I'd rather find an alternate use for diamond blocks than tying everything into building requirements. Players who have less income but still want a town should have the ability to at least get a tribe. I have a couple of options/suggestions:
  1. Add in diamond blocks to alchemist recepies.
  2. Add in a new structure of power that generates less power than the councilroom's emergency power generation, but consumes emeralds/emerald blocks in the process.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
I did think about this a while ago. I'd rather find an alternate use for diamond blocks than tying everything into building requirements. Players who have less income but still want a town should have the ability to at least get a tribe. I have a couple of options/suggestions:
  1. Add in diamond blocks to alchemist recepies.
  2. Add in a new structure of power that generates less power than the councilroom's emergency power generation, but consumes emeralds/emerald blocks in the process.

See nothing speaking against those, if requirements are properly adjusted.

Add in a new structure of power that generates less power than the councilroom's emergency power generation, but consumes emeralds/emerald blocks in the process.

Make that accessible to Tribe+