• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Possible PVP Arena?

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
Well it might not just be me, but I'm a little bored of the colosseum map for /col duels. I was whitelisted on creative and decided to chuck up this and see what you guys think. I'm thinking it would be a 1v1 arena, and the diameter of it is around 42 blocks, with maximum distance from each player being around 50 blocks (spawn point to spawn point).

Give me some feedback on it :) Cheers

You can see this first hand on the creative server - It's my plot (-1000,-1000)

This is a great design which makes it accessible to all Ranged and Melee opponents. This looks like it would benefit every pvper who duels in this arena. Good work!

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
The straight aways and raised areas are good for wizard, since they force you along a single path, and once you're on the ground chasing me, I can blink up and bolt you. The fountain helps provide some cover in the middle, but I'd also add some cover as you get up the stairs, so you don't get fireballed to death as you run up it.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
The straight aways and raised areas are good for wizard, since they force you along a single path, and once you're on the ground chasing me, I can blink up and bolt you. The fountain helps provide some cover in the middle, but I'd also add some cover as you get up the stairs, so you don't get fireballed to death as you run up it.
Alrighty! Will do some fixing up

has400

Legacy Supporter 6
it looks nice and all but as northwestern said for wizards its OP. but w/e im banned

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
Updated. I put in a beacon in the middle, added bridges to the corners and made the platform bigger in general. I put in the arches on the start of each bridge (too much?).

P2tojFY.png

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm thinking that It's a bit too much down below the bridge (center of it) and the pillars at the start of each side. The middle gives good cover and with the extra stairs down the middle, I think wizard shouldn't be too op. northeaster345 thoughts?

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm thinking that It's a bit too much down below the bridge (center of it) and the pillars at the start of each side. The middle gives good cover and with the extra stairs down the middle, I think wizard shouldn't be too op. northeaster345 thoughts?

Yeah that looks more fair, still a good amount of open area, and good blinks will help, but you have more ways to get to someone who's on the bridge.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah that looks more fair, still a good amount of open area, and good blinks will help, but you have more ways to get to someone who's on the bridge.
Wanted to make it fair for people who have to go all the way around to get to where a wiz might be standing on the bridge. It's difficult making maps without ledges for dragons to jump up on though :/

donaldmax1

Soulsand
Do you think you could redesign it to be more RP? No offence but the current look makes me think of a faction server arena.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
Do you think you could redesign it to be more RP? No offence but the current look makes me think of a faction server arena.
It was actually supposed to be themed as a god/heavenly area and I was going to put a statue of Zeus or someone outside so people in the arena could look up and see the gods watching them.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
Thanks for the feedback everyone, seems like people like it, so that's good :)

Going to go ahead and touch up some areas and maybe make another one for fun since this one was pretty fun to build.
Kainzo If it got enough positive feedback, would you consider entering this heaven/god-style arena into herocraft?
Cheers