• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Poll for xp on mining when specd

Do you think you should get xp from mining after specd just not as much?

• Total voters
I am just wondering what you guys think, I find it really hard to just level on mobs after im specd, and crafter is boring tbh.

Demonxman

Obsidian
its hard to lvl on mobs because they are so fucking hard to kill... FUCK SPIDERS IN THE ASS NO LUBE.

yea. thats how I feel about spiders

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I've been toying over this idea in my head... though in general, its not completely impossible but not the desired method to level.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I think if we got it at a reduced rate (say, 50 or 25%, lower if need be) and gave that same rate for combat exp to crafter specs it'd be fair.

At the same time, it DOES make sense for a combat class to level up from, well, combat. I can dig all the dirt I want but it won't teach me how to use a sword any better ._.

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
There were rumors that special places were designed to test people like problem solving and even quests that will give exp.

Trok

ICE ICE ICE!
Camping in front of a illegal mob spawner won't teach you how to get better either. And everyone knows, everyone uses a illegal mob spawner, there just is not a mob spawner that won't rape your shit.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I guess everybody will start doing polls now, lol.
I think limited mining exp would be good. What about having different methods drop off as you level up? Crafting stuff stops giving XP at lv. 20, chopping wood at 30, and mining at 40... Or something like that. So it sort of trails off as you increase in your proficiency. It could even use multipliers, so you start losing mining exp at level 31, only earning .9%, then .8, .7 and so on. When it comes to melee class at least, there would be something to be said for spending your days chewing through rock- Nobody could do that and come up with skinny little arms (unless they were starving, but that's different). But when you reach that pinnacle of physical fitness, there's nothing for it but to hone your skills. You can swing hard, but there's no real substitute for watching your form.

So yeah. Fading out alternate methods of experience as the levels increase.

icarumba

Legacy Supporter 4
More diversity while leveling would be nice, instead of only killing mobs to level.

Trok

ICE ICE ICE!
Bitter, Minestatus doesn't keep the server alive, it supports and gives us players, if we vote, we shouldn't get cool in game stuff, voting is to vote because the server is good, not for a stupid thing like xp gain.

Now the problem I see with anything currently is, well Herocraft will be unbalanced no matter what, After releasing, Kainzo allowed anyone to level, and a lot of people did, now the new players have a way harder chance, and there is no way to fix it, the only way would be reset everyone, and that would probably need a map reset to if that were to happen, and no one wants that. ( Not even me! :O ) Or go back to the old exp. which wont happen because Kainzo wants people to work for their level 50 heroes.

Server veterans ( played for more then 3 months ) - Winners! They are already level 50 in like 3 specs!
Players just starting - Get butt fucked by a spider, rage quit, come back 3 weeks later, get use to the server, master a PvP spec, rage quit again because they don't want to grind for 50000 hours.

Kainzo, don't you want use NOT to grind correct? You want use to go out at night and kill mobs, as I am not mistaken, or go to the training area or whatever its called. Now, if you make mobs as hard as they are, no one will want to do that. You are encouraging the use of exploited mob spawners, even if you don't mean to, or want to. People will take the easy way, not the way the owners wants them to. That is why so many people cheat.

vudani

Legacy Supporter 4
If I didn't have to kill 6666 zombies to level to 50 I might look past the fact that a zombie detects player and moves in a straight line hitting the player within a certain radius.

Mobs do NOT have entertaining battle mechanics whatsoever. Since they are hard its a bit funner however 6666 epic battles using a few bread after each one is just a pain in the ass.

I would prefer a system be put in place to make fighting mobs for an entire night a realistic possibility while being more fun.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Due to lag, i cant hit a zombie without the zombie hitting me, and I take about 2 1/2 hearts of damage from every zombie hit. Basically that translates to 'Once you spec, you are screwed and stuck spending the next month or two trying to hit 50'