• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Pokemon Black/White 2

MyTaco

Glowing Redstone
I just picked up my copy of Black 2 today! I have been a fan since R/B/Y, and I like all the gens <3

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I really enjoyed gen 2 the only thing I really liked about gen 3 was the ability to make a base :x I'll pick up platinum and black and play those before I start on black 2 because I don't know any of the new stuff.
Platinum kind of had bases, but the customizable rooms are restricted to the multiplayer Underground. Doing it without friends is pretty lonely. You get your own mansion at the end of the game, but it's just a money sink with nice music and flavor text.

I didn't get White 2 today (first Pokemon game I haven't gotten on release day since R/S), but I can hopefully get it before the end of the week. I'm looking forward to it!

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
I'll be getting them. I beat White like 3 times in 2 days. Just trying out different teams is fun. Especially when all the Pokemon are new.

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
I just realized that the release date that I palced was only for Australia...

Anyway, I gotta wait until then. :(

MyTaco

Glowing Redstone
Lol yeah it's fun replaying with Pokemon you would normally NEVER use! It poses quite a challenge and is really fun.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
If its available for the NDS not 3DS(because im poor) I'll probably get it. Though I have no money and so I'll unfortunately may have to resort to downloading it :/ (sorry if warez is frowned upon on these forums I'll remove this if asked to.)
It's a DS game.

Is Genesect available in BW as well, or just BW2?

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I don't really like nuzlocke. I like the aspect of catching the first Pokemon you see, but not depositing them after they faint.

I guess I could just not deposit my Pokemon. x)
You could do that too. I like adding in other random rules, like limited Pokemon Center usage or not being allowed to turn back once you start a route/dungeon, or using Action Replay to drop a weird starter Pokemon in.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
One rule I really like is this: You can revive a fainted pokemon, but only in battle and only if you're still working on the same zone your Pokemon fainted in. Also no buying Revives.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I noticed that. I think they're tuning in to the competitive crowd a little more, and that's kind of part of the obscene stats found in certain pokes.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
Iddkkkkk, I haven't played since Diamond/Pearl.. or maybe the one after it.. I can't remember, don't think i'll be getting this one though :3 not sureee

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
@Dazureus are they really? Have they done anything other than shifting stats around?
I hear in BW2 that they're making EV training more obvious in-game. Not much, but a little. Also some tweaks to breeding, like I think Everstone always passes on nature and one IV stat to the child.

MyTaco

Glowing Redstone
I hear in BW2 that they're making EV training more obvious in-game. Not much, but a little. Also some tweaks to breeding, like I think Everstone always passes on nature and one IV stat to the child.
Hm. Sounds interesting thanks!