• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[PLUGIN] Heroes Chat Functions

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wuffin

Gold
Hello everyone! (Not quite sure about the plugin name...)

So, i recently joined Herocraft again, and i must say, i really love it!
Tough, something came up in my mind the other day. Me and my friend always play in a party, but there is always something missing; Graphical interface!

I figured, it shouldn't be too hard to fix, since most of the plugin is already in place. Me myself, is well aware of that sometimes, even the simplest idea tend to get complex when getting down to the actual coding!

I was thinking it should take about this much space on the screen: (And more prettier ofc)
(And be transparent for a good reason)
n2ixb6.jpg

Closeup:
yyphw.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was thinking something like this: (Theoretic coding)
[All players online is already stored]
[All players health, lvl, name and class is already stored]

This is why i think this will work: One's players health is already loaded upon entering the game. It shouldn't be too hard to load the same data to another player, as a second bar. It shouldn't mess up with the players health bars, unless the code more complex than i imagine it from the beginning...

if (
player.Party.Invite(
if(
player2==accept
show.Player2.name
show.Player2.lvl
show.Player2.class
show.Player2.health
show.transparentimage.png
)
)

If I (player) write /party invite Player2 (else nothing)
Check if player online. (else nothing)
If player2 accept (else nothing) Show all important data of player 2, including the important information of where its going to show on the screen.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I unfortunately have no private server to test on, and i think the coding is far too different to try on singleplayer. Therefor i cannot try this myself, to see if it actually works. Neither am i sure if this would in fact cause extreme lag upon the server.

T

Trok

Great idea, but people will have to download and install this mod, which I think should happen, so we can add Mo'Creatures ( I think Kainzo said something about it ) and town capes, which would be very fun, and as a Cleric I would love this.

malmenca

Diamond
if (
player.Party.Invite(
if(
player2==accept
show.Player2.name
show.Player2.lvl
show.Player2.class
show.Player2.health
show.transparentimage.png
)
)

IDK how to get one players data to another but if thats possible i would think this would be right

robacollver

Legacy Supporter 3
You cant add gui's in a plugin without it being a mod thus in order to play on the server everyone would have to download it. Now you could make it a client side mod so it would be optional I made a suggestion about a mana bar client side mod before and kainzo said they probably will in the future

Wuffin

Gold
You cant add gui's in a plugin without it being a mod thus in order to play on the server everyone would have to download it. Now you could make it a client side mod so it would be optional I made a suggestion about a mana bar client side mod before and kainzo said they probably will in the future

Thats sweet!

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Wow this sounds awesome, but it would also make matagaming more easy(And also making it a bit harder for the new guys).
Overall its a good idea.

Wuffin

Gold
Im personally thrilled about making alot of the "show in chat" - things into something graphic.
Just imagine the same thing being done about skill cooldowns, and (as robacollver said) mana.
Would be really really awesome!

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Im personally thrilled about making alot of the "show in chat" - things into something graphic.
Just imagine the same thing being done about skill cooldowns, and (as robacollver said) mana.
Would be really really awesome!
Yeah like the health bar just with a mana bar under it and/or skill bars under the air bar.

ruethian

Legacy Supporter 6
as said before it would have to be a client side mod to make the graphical stuff. The only real problem i have is that sometimes u get a party that is very large. I don't know how many people is max but it would take up alot of space. Another issue would be the character portraits, if it used the image of ur face, just the 16x16 image, it would still have to go get the image from somewhere.

The easiest thing to do i would think (am im not a major coder or anything) would be to make a thing like that for the player using it first, then try to work with the party functions. And u have to admit, even a graphical representative of ur own HP/Mana would be very helpful.

Wuffin

Gold
as said before it would have to be a client side mod to make the graphical stuff. The only real problem i have is that sometimes u get a party that is very large. I don't know how many people is max but it would take up alot of space. Another issue would be the character portraits, if it used the image of ur face, just the 16x16 image, it would still have to go get the image from somewhere.

The easiest thing to do i would think (am im not a major coder or anything) would be to make a thing like that for the player using it first, then try to work with the party functions. And u have to admit, even a graphical representative of ur own HP/Mana would be very helpful.

I tought of that too. If the party gets very large, the images should be disabled after a certain amount. Meaning character icon disappear and instead of hearts, it will be a text saying "Health 8.5/10" or something. Like this:
2v85ow9.png

It should also be a limit to party members. A party of 50 people? Kain should do something about that lol!
The character portraits is also loaded by the server when everyone login (your skin). Doesn't look as fancy as i made it, but something more like this:
3480g2b.jpg

(If you can load a image, then all you have to do is to add that it should only load a certain x to y coordinate instead of the whole picture, and BAM! you have a character icon for your party.)

trackmike

Legacy Supporter 5
Some of this functionality already exists, in a fashion. Craft a map, then type "/party ui" while holding the map out, and the map turns into a display of party members and their health bars.

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
Parties already have a limit, and as Roba said, this has already been suggested, and Kain said something like this WILL be made by one of the coders in the future. Bringing it up over and over again will probably not make it go faster.

Wuffin

Gold
Some of this functionality already exists, in a fashion. Craft a map, then type "/party ui" while holding the map out, and the map turns into a display of party members and their health bars.

Well thats something alright!

Parties already have a limit, and as Roba said, this has already been suggested, and Kain said something like this WILL be made by one of the coders in the future. Bringing it up over and over again will probably not make it go faster.

I didn't know it was actually going to be made. I really had no idea. Roba said "probably" about a mana bar, which isn't what this is about. But thank you for informing me. Though I'm probably gonna continue to make more detailed suggestions like this, cause its important for me, and i do feel like I'm able to bring something useful to these coders.

Wuffin

Gold
Also, its not like anyone of us is complaining or trying to make things happen quicker. We should still be able to discuss things, even if its going to be implanted into herocraft or not.

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
Also, its not like anyone of us is complaining or trying to make things happen quicker. We should still be able to discuss things, even if its going to be implanted into herocraft or not.
:confused: never said you couldn't do that, just repeating what was already said in another post. Sorry if you misinterpreted my post o-o.

Wuffin

Gold
:confused: never said you couldn't do that, just repeating what was already said in another post. Sorry if you misinterpreted my post o-o.

No no, just making things clear for anyone once for all :3
Though, its not easy to find information or other posts about suggestions that is going to made. The wiki contains nothing, and there is not much on "Herocrafts To-Do list". I don't generally like to bring up the exact same thing, that many people have already brought up.

I still have a feeling like i got some unique ideas comparing to the others with the same type of suggestion :3 (Or hopefully atleast)

tips48

Gold
This will require a client mod(Called Spoutcraft) but I believe is being worked on already.