• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Plugin] - HeroChat Improvement

Good suggestion, bad suggestion or not good enough to bother with?

• I would like to see this, or something similar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't want anything like this in the game

• It's not worth bothering with

• Total voters

Ravebear

Air
This would probably be too hard to implement and isn't exactly necessary.

The idea would be to make navigating chat channels more easier, with visual aids.

Example 1: When you expanded the chat area with t you would see a small channel nick to the left of where you type.

eg. o > Type message here

You could press TAB to toggle through the current channels that you are a part of. Pressing tab could then change to:

t > Type message here

(none of these would have the type message here but a blank space)

Example 2: The above method would be preferred but i am taking a guess that it is not possible or not simple enough anyway. Another way to do this would be to have pressing TAB go through your active channels and you would receive a message back saying what channel you have been switched to. For example, pressing TAB would show the message

Active Channel: Channel Name

and would continue to scroll through your active channels.

I hope you get the idea :icon_rolleyes:

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
You can use the Improved Chat mod to set up binds that take you to different channels. For example:

~bind t /ch o\
~bind g /ch t\
~bind b /ch h\

etc.

So in order to switch from let's say Trade to Help channel, you only need to press the letter "b" on your keyboard then start typing your message.

As for knowing in which channel you're currently in - again, Improved Chat already does this (since yesterday :)). Whatever you type in the chat bar will take up the color of the channel you're in. Before, everything you typed appeared in white until you sent it so Herochat made it the proper color. Now your message will appear in the correct color, even before sending it.

Check my sig for the mod pack. Download and then double-click to install the whole lot and you'll get all these features in one go.

Ravebear

Air
Your mod pack didn't install last time I tried it.

I think it might be possible to create a single button toggle bind with improved chat as it lets you create variables, but I wouldn't know how to do that. http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=131580

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
I changed the installer since, it copies files to %appdata%/.minecraft/mods/wd1966 first and THEN moves them into minecraft.jar. Try the latest version and if that still doesn't work for you then let me know and I'll upload a manual (copy&paste) version.

I'll ask wd whether he can make a toggle bind for you. Text coloring and autoreply were also created by him for us to use. Those scripts are only compatible with Herochat.

Ravebear

Air
Thanks, I'll try the updated installer next time I require to install the mods. Any chance you could paste or link the auto reply bind, if you don't mind, thanks.

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
The bind is in the same topic. It was always there :p

Yes, please let me know whether the installer works for you or not. I can't fix it if I'm getting zero feedback (no offense meant).

irishsailor

Glowing Redstone
it works awesome, the installer works great too... remember if u install other things they might mess it up. have a saved copy of the original minecraft. folder, erase everythin your current folder then copy original one in then use the installer, works great!!! :D ty

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
This is music to my ears, irish! As long as there is demand, I'll keep pushing updates and make the pack better and better. Although I already achieved my main goals: a fully automated installer and important chat scripts for the mod pack.

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
That's probably because improved chat overwrites modloader in the first place. Plus mods aren't really compatible with each other. I'm just glad that everything in UMP works perfectly. You shouldn't need more than that for multiplayer.

However, if you're using different mods for single-player then my advice would be to keep two minecraft.jar files. One modded for SMP (using UMP) and one modded for SSP! Then use them separately depending on whether you're playing multi or single.