• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Please tone down mob's special abilities

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
@Kainzo

The dungeons are filled with constantly spawning mobs, and with these recent additions to the mobs' spell abilities, it is nearly impossible to keep one's footing. Fighting mobs with occasional abilities is great; being shoved into a corner and unable to move is not enjoyable at all. Please consider reworking the frequency or the intensity of the mob spells. Thank you.

-yav

2015-11-11_00.35.46.jpg

ThatAintFalco

Portal
@Kainzo

The dungeons are filled with constantly spawning mobs, and with these recent additions to the mobs' spell abilities, it is nearly impossible to keep one's footing. Fighting mobs with occasional abilities is great; being shoved into a corner and unable to move is not enjoyable at all. Please consider reworking the frequency or the intensity of the mob spells. Thank you.

-yav

View attachment 10907
This is a hardcore server. If you think these movs are too hard go to a lower tiered dungeons or join ch lfg to level up with people

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
This is a hardcore server. If you think these movs are too hard go to a lower tiered dungeons or join ch lfg to level up with people
"Hardcore" has nothing to do with mods spamming skills. Hardcore isn't an excuse for imbalance.

Any class that could spam skills at that rate would be called OP instantly and nerfed to hell and back.
The mobs are always being refined, and when they can hold you in a corner with no chance of escape, something needs to be changed.

ThatAintFalco

Portal
"Hardcore" has nothing to do with mods spamming skills. Hardcore isn't an excuse for imbalance.

Any class that could spam skills at that rate would be called OP instantly and nerfed to hell and back.
The mobs are always being refined, and when they can hold you in a corner with no chance of escape, something needs to be changed.

I believe that mobs are fine right now. Players just haven't adapted to having harder mobs to kill. I think the problem is that players are too use to gather a bunch of mobs, thinking that they can easilly kill them.

In this example, we only see yavool's chat. He may have been tring to level in a safe spot, so we wanted to hide his screen. I've seen mobs spam their skills because people were in safespots.

What I find to be thes best way of leveling is to camp an isolated spawner, or my going in huge groups with my friends.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
@Kainzo

-yav

View attachment 10907
@xexorian

I think the biggest here is that you had 5-7 mobs on you. We can't have linking cooldowns unless we somehow make an effect on the player, immune to further effects.
It's our goal to correct the rotation for the skills. We're also looking for scripters interested in helping with mob skills :)

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
@ThatAintFalco I most certainly wasn't leveling in a safe spot; @Kainzo, yes, I had numerous mobs on me. I'm not a scripter, but unstacking mob effects is a great idea. :) In the interim, please consider reducing the frequency of cast times or duration of effect of mob spells. Thanks!