• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Please re-design the spawn

zencow

Legacy Supporter 4
Soooo... I did /skill port spawn and went afk to get dinner and forgot about the presence of the water at spawn. Thus, I was dismayed when I came back and found myself drowned and knowing that someone happily walked away with a few free gold ingots that day. Please alter the spawn to only 1-deep or remove the water entirely. The water brings nothing but grief and annoyance to people having to swim out of it.

On a similar note, there have been frequent accounts of newer players swimming out of the spawn platform to fall into the below, also probably due to the water's opaqueness causing them to lose sense of direction. This causes unnecessary confusion in newer players as well as the loss of coin.

Thus, I believe a re-design of the spawn would be best to prevent these types of tragedy from re-occurring in the future.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I believe the water is there to prevent people from spawning inside blocks and suffocating and so they do not take any sort of fall damage.

Ostadar

Legacy Supporter 7
Instead of redesigning the spawn, an easier way of preventing such an occurrence would be to log out instead of leaving yourself signed into Herocraft while away from the computer. Considering that it is a wise course of action everywhere else on the map, it should be considered wise to do so in spawn as well. It prevents unnecessary deaths.

As to the second part, if they are getting lost that is what both Tour and Help chat is for. The players and staff are there to help in what ways they can.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
One of the main rules of thumb when playing Herocraft is never go AFK always log out.
You will probably learn this fairly quickly when thievery is finally fixed and if we put back player collision.

zencow

Legacy Supporter 4
I believe the water is there to prevent people from spawning inside blocks and suffocating and so they do not take any sort of fall damage.

1 block deep of water would be sufficient to stop damage. Spawning glitches never occurs if the platform is 2 block thick with at least 3 space of air - which is why I found the design of the spawn odd.

I've always thought of spawn as somewhere you can let your guard down, guess I was wrong.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
1 block deep of water would be sufficient to stop damage. Spawning glitches never occurs if the platform is 2 block thick with at least 3 space of air - which is why I found the design of the spawn odd.

I've always thought of spawn as somewhere you can let your guard down, guess I was wrong.

Actually it is not, the water is there because of the momentum of jumping off the walkway at the end of the tutorial island. When jumping through that portal your momentum carries through to the other side which is why the 2 deep water is required.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Lets test to see if the momentum is fixed - its been a bit. Though.. this is rather easy.. just don't go afk after you use warp heh.