• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Plaguebomb

AdamForte649

Legacy Supporter 6
When is plaguebomb making a return? I would definitely rather have plaguebomb than piggify. I dont use them that much...

Ultanian

Portal
When beguiler gets plaguebomb back... I don't think it should explode on damage, just after 6 seconds.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
6 second would be way too big, cause people would just run away from it. And seriously, they only had plaguebomb as main dps. I say they keep as it was.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Indeed.... beguiler got wrecked last patches, all because of the piggyfied plague bomb bug.

Ultanian

Portal
6 second would be way too big, cause people would just run away from it. And seriously, they only had plaguebomb as main dps. I say they keep as it was.
Exactly, the lore behind beguiler and it's role is as a mischievous support class. Sounds like a good strategy for support for them to run away.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Exactly, the lore behind beguiler and it's role is as a mischievous support class. Sounds like a good strategy for support for them to run away.
Not at freaken all. They are not support class! And seriously, look at the damage of the thing! It is about the same as a normal spell of a mage, but a bit more. Now you want to remove the effect of the only spell they have that can be used in combat? Basically people will run away, wait 6 seconds, get hit once and then continue fighting as if nothing happen. They need to be able to fight! Your sudgestion would make it that beguiler would actually suck in 1 vs 1, and this is NOT what the server is about. It is about trying to find balance. Beguiler already has trouble against multiple other classes, and you want to make it worst?

I keep my words that the class should stay as it is! I have been on this server a long time, even if I took a break before, and beguiler needs it's main dps skill, or else it is almost useless!

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Guys let me throw this in:
Expect some clarification of Beguiler's role as a support mage in 5.30, meaning that the new beguiler will focus less on damage and more on control.
Also, don't forget that we still aren't sure if PB or Piggify or both causes server problems, so the individual skills may or may not be coming back soon.

Ultanian

Portal
Not at freaken all. They are not support class! And seriously, look at the damage of the thing! It is about the same as a normal spell of a mage, but a bit more. Now you want to remove the effect of the only spell they have that can be used in combat? Basically people will run away, wait 6 seconds, get hit once and then continue fighting as if nothing happen. They need to be able to fight! Your sudgestion would make it that beguiler would actually suck in 1 vs 1, and this is NOT what the server is about. It is about trying to find balance. Beguiler already has trouble against multiple other classes, and you want to make it worst?

I keep my words that the class should stay as it is! I have been on this server a long time, even if I took a break before, and beguiler needs it's main dps skill, or else it is almost useless!
Butthurt because I suggested something?
But really, Beguiler is SUPPOSED to be a support class, I didn't say it was. It really needs a major balance, and I hope we get it.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Do I see beguiller in the support path tree? No...
It already has quantum leap and beguile and other things like that.
And seriously, it's the 6 second that does not work at all. The skill is already alright like it is, and it must be kept that way.

Edit: And seriously, all classes have their own damagin skills. Lets look at Beguiler

Fireball
Pulse
Plaguebomb

You really want them to lose one of their only skill that can do damage (cause 6 second would make them lose it)? All their other skills are for either boosting others (clarity) or debuffing (beguile)

Ultanian

Portal
Do I see beguiller in the support path tree? No...
It already has quantum leap and beguile and other things like that.
And seriously, it's the 6 second that does not work at all. The skill is already alright like it is, and it must be kept that way.
Didn't mean support class as a healer, but each type of class has a support role. Rogues got bards, Warriors have paladins, Healers/Support has cleric. What do the casters have if beguiler isn't considered support?

Also, if we look at most of Beguilers skills they are supportesque-
Quantum Leap is really only useful in group battles, not 1v1. (Support)
Teleport- Teleporting to another party member to help them out... (support)
Beguile is useful for disabling a target for awhile (support)
MassPiggify and Piggify are really good in group battles (support)
Beguiler was meant for a support role.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
It might mean as a support class, but what I meant was the dang 6 second wait time that was too much. That what the problem is.

Sure... reduce the damage a bit, that is ok, but don't go and make plaguebomb useless. That what I was saying: Don't make it that the only good damage skill that beguiler has to be useless.

And all those skills you named, except for wisdom and teleport, their are mostly debuff. Do you think a warlock that uses curses in a game would be considered a support class? No...

So ya....

Last edited:

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
tbh idk why people are focusing this mostly on beguiler.... wizards more broken imo its so op (gunna get lots of hate from this XD) but yeah Ive played and masterd both classes (wizard was last map but meh all that happened was shock taken out and blizzard/enderpearls given)

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
That is a bit the reason why I am kinda getting annoyed with what was sudgested here Jupitar lol.

Stop nerfing Beguiler, nerf Wizard please.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
how is quantum leap not good in 1v1s? and @UltNachopony he is saying that 6 seconds is too long because that will give the target(s) way too much time to escape the damage radius, rendering the skill pretty much useless if you would have to wait maybe 2-3 seconds would be good? Or they could just reduce the dmg and maybe slightly increase the cooldown but a class with weak armor hp and only 3 dmg skills and no heals probably wont do the best solo

now also also while I'm ranting about this, bard can do pretty well solo even though it is meant to be a support class it has good damage for melee and at range, then there is paladin having decent damage plus nice heals and the best armor so that doesn't really need to be much of a support class either

I would focus on a different class to change maybe such as Wizard, While I was a wizard it was very easy to get kills just using fireball and bolt

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
That is a bit the reason why I am kinda getting annoyed with what was sudgested here Jupitar lol.

Stop nerfing Beguiler, nerf Wizard please.
A. Wizard is getting changes
B. It does not matter if Beguiler is in the Caster Path, it is meant to be a support. Bard is still in the Rogue Path although it is a support.