• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Plaguebomb: The Great Debate

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
NOTE BEFORE READING: I'm not feeling well currently so expect there to be some errors in the text seeing as I'm having trouble devoting my full attention to this at the present time.

This fantastic beguiler skill is hopefully being implemented soon, with a couple changes to coding. There were a lot of debates going on in elite chat today as to how the ability should be added back in. I personally have differing opinions to some of the things Kainzo was saying, so I'm going to use this thread to address my concerns.

First off, here is what I and a few other people have said would probably be the most optimal way for plaguebomb to be reintroduced:

Plaguebomb: You throw an explosive sheep in the targeted direction. After 5 seconds or upon taking damage, the sheep explodes in an aoe radius to deal 160 magic damage and apply a nausea effect for 1 second to everyone hit. Mana cost 175, cooldown 13 seconds, requires rotten flesh.

What is good about this ability? This ability helps fit the overall role of a beguiler- the class is an annoying support mage, throwing out cc to deal with teams and providing decent aoe damage to aid their team. Previously, the damage on plaguebomb was WAY too high. The class was flat out broken when it had plaguebomb; it had crazy amounts of cc, with high damage aoe nuke and the ability to successfully kite any class. As it stands right now, Beguiler has good amounts of cc, medium damage, and decent ability to kite. The class does suffer severely from mana issues, but I suggested changes for that in another thread. This plaguebomb is more balanced in the sense that it has a small amount of cc, with a decently long cooldown on top of costing a fair chunk of mana.

The issues that I mainly want to address, is the functionality of the skill, and how it is going to be implemented.

Kainzo was saying that the entity spawned by the ability is only 1% of how the skill is being implemented. From a coding perspective, this may be true, but from a player's perspective, it is about the convenience of the skill and how it is going to be used. There were no arguments as to why the sheep should be changed to a different animal. The sheep works perfect; nobody ever complains about the plaguebomb being a sheep, because the animal fits the skill so well- sheep aren't loud, they aren't too big but not too small, and they have no issues falling. Suggesting that the skill be changed to a bat, mini enderman, chicken, etc... It doesn't make sense. They all have underlying issues which would provide the class with an inconsistent damage output.

The biggest issue I have, is that Kainzo said that he might have the plaguebomb not punch-able by the beguiler. This would be a horrible change to the class. This change would add so much inconsistency to the class, making your damage output rely on many different factors. There has always been one way to make sure the sheep explodes, and that is to smack it in the face. When the server is lagging, throwing the sheep up in the air is very laggy and makes it hard to keep up a decent dps.

TL;DR: Add in a medium damage plaguebomb with a nausea effect. Keep it as a sheep, and make sure you can kill it yourself.

@downfall325 @BurKeYzZ @whiteninja1970 @CoolBeans279 [USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP] @Dreamcycler

Last edited:

Leo2596

Legacy Supporter 7
NOTE BEFORE READING: I'm not feeling well currently so expect there to be some errors in the text seeing as I'm having trouble devoting my full attention to this at the present time.

This fantastic beguiler skill is hopefully being implemented soon, with a couple changes to coding. There were a lot of debates going on in elite chat today as to how the ability should be added back in. I personally have differing opinions to some of the things Kainzo was saying, so I'm going to use this thread to address my concerns.

First off, here is what I and a few other people have said would probably be the most optimal way for plaguebomb to be reintroduced:

Plaguebomb: You throw an explosive sheep in the targeted direction. After 5 seconds or upon taking damage, the sheep explodes in an aoe radius to deal 160 magic damage and apply a nausea effect for 1 second to everyone hit. Mana cost 175, cooldown 13 seconds, requires rotten flesh.

What is good about this ability? This ability helps fit the overall role of a beguiler- the class is an annoying support mage, throwing out cc to deal with teams and providing decent aoe damage to aid their team. Previously, the damage on plaguebomb was WAY too high. The class was flat out broken when it had plaguebomb; it had crazy amounts of cc, with high damage aoe nuke and the ability to successfully kite any class. As it stands right now, Beguiler has good amounts of cc, medium damage, and decent ability to kite. The class does suffer severely from mana issues, but I suggested changes for that in another thread. This plaguebomb is more balanced in the sense that it has a small amount of cc, with a decently long cooldown on top of costing a fair chunk of mana.

The issues that I mainly want to address, is the functionality of the skill, and how it is going to be implemented.

Kainzo was saying that the entity spawned by the ability is only 1% of how the skill is being implemented. From a coding perspective, this may be true, but from a player's perspective, it is about the convenience of the skill and how it is going to be used. There were no arguments as to why the sheep should be changed to a different animal. The sheep works perfect; nobody ever complains about the plaguebomb being a sheep, because the animal fits the skill so well- sheep aren't loud, they aren't too big but not too small, and they have no issues falling. Suggesting that the skill be changed to a bat, mini enderman, chicken, etc... It doesn't make sense. They all have underlying issues which would provide the class with an inconsistent damage output.

The biggest issue I have, is that Kainzo said that he might have the plaguebomb not punch-able by the beguiler. This would be a horrible change to the class. This change would add so much inconsistency to the class, making your damage output rely on many different factors. There has always been one way to make sure the sheep explodes, and that is to smack it in the face. When the server is lagging, throwing the sheep up in the air is very laggy and makes it hard to keep up a decent dps.

TL;DR: Add in a medium damage plaguebomb with a nausea effect. Keep it as a sheep, and make sure you can kill it yourself.

@downfall325 @BurKeYzZ @whiteninja1970 @CoolBeans279 [USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] @Dreamcycler
WOW IM NOT TAGGED, but I completely agree because there are instances where there is some server lag and the sheep won't take damage when it falls then what? You wait for the sheep to explode? By then everyone runs away from it then you killed.

Last edited:

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I was messing around when I said chicken XD
100% Agree with you. I think that there may need to be some nerfs for beguiler but I mean hey anything for plague bomb :D
(I played Beguiler in Haven/Bastion, wasn't very good at it but just letting you know I know what the skill did and not pulling my opinion of it right out of my ass)

21gunz

Coal
Here is my opinion on why this is dumb as hell:
1. This is 160 damage to everyone in a radius, with a 13 second CD. 2 Beguilers could rotate and it would be GG with the nausea.
2. If you want to keep the low CD, drop some of the dmg and drop the nausea affect

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Beguiler stack would make this suggestion off the roof op.

So 150 damage x 3 and now thats 3 seconds of Nausea.

I agree for plaguebomb coming back but the nausea doesn't work because the state of the class it would be with regular plaguebomb isn't going to need it.
That's a good point, I didn't consider that. Unless there is a way around this (ie the nausea only works every x seconds) then I don't see it working.

Here is my opinion on why this is dumb as hell:
1. This is 160 damage to everyone in a radius, with a 13 second CD. 2 Beguilers could rotate and it would be GG with the nausea.
2. If you want to keep the low CD, drop some of the dmg and drop the nausea affect

1. Yes, it is 160 damage to everyone in a radius. This is a direct nerf to the only plaguebomb in terms of mana cost, cooldown,and damage. As stated above it wouldn't work with nausea.
2. Considering how easy it is to focus a beguiler, given that they have no mobility, 13 seconds is a decent cooldown for the spell. Fireball is essentially useless in teamfights due to everyone being on top of eachother, and pulse requires you to get into close range to damage the enemy, again making it easy to focus you. As it stands right now, chaoticvisions does 123 damage on a 10 second cooldown, with a lower mana cost than plaguebomb would have.

Avoir

Obsidian
That's a good point, I didn't consider that. Unless there is a way around this (ie the nausea only works every x seconds) then I don't see it working.

1. Yes, it is 160 damage to everyone in a radius. This is a direct nerf to the only plaguebomb in terms of mana cost, cooldown,and damage. As stated above it wouldn't work with nausea.
2. Considering how easy it is to focus a beguiler, given that they have no mobility, 13 seconds is a decent cooldown for the spell. Fireball is essentially useless in teamfights due to everyone being on top of eachother, and pulse requires you to get into close range to damage the enemy, again making it easy to focus you. As it stands right now, chaoticvisions does 123 damage on a 10 second cooldown, with a lower mana cost than plaguebomb would have.

My question is, will plaguebomb be replacing chaoticvisions of wil Beguiler have two AEO's?

Avoir

Obsidian
It will replace chaoticvisions. And it has two aoes as it stands right now

Yeah mybad forgot about pulse, I don't think that 160 dmg is a bad idea but giving Beguiler another CC effect is a little overpowered, it already has piggify, masspiggify and beguile, it does not in any way need nausea...

michael42

Glowing Redstone
I do think that beguiler does need plaugebomb back, the damage, cd and mana need some adjustments. the damage is way to high for the cd to be 13 seconds. rangers aimed shot does 208 damage with a 60 sec cd (one of the highest damage skills in the game). In that same time beguiler could use 4 plaugebombs for 640 damage. That is around 60% hp for most classes.

if it is to be such a high damage skill it would need longer cd (around 25 sec). If the damage is lower the mana cost needs to go up making the beguiler have to manage his mana.

I do think that the sheep should always remain punchable. It makes sure that the sheep will explode in any condition (such as server lag).

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I do think that beguiler does need plaugebomb back, the damage, cd and mana need some adjustments. the damage is way to high for the cd to be 13 seconds. rangers aimed shot does 208 damage with a 60 sec cd (one of the highest damage skills in the game). In that same time beguiler could use 4 plaugebombs for 640 damage. That is around 60% hp for most classes.

if it is to be such a high damage skill it would need longer cd (around 25 sec). If the damage is lower the mana cost needs to go up making the beguiler have to manage his mana.

I do think that the sheep should always remain punchable. It makes sure that the sheep will explode in any condition (such as server lag).
Nice to see all the feedback.

The difference between beguiler and ranger is that when aimedshot is on cooldown, ranger still has a constant damage output. In a teamfight, beguiler has pulse and chaoticvisions - this is a total of 240 damage with a 7 and 10 second cooldown. With plaguebomb, it is an extra 37 damage with a 3 second longer cooldown, and a higher mana cost. As it stands right now, Beguiler has pretty awful mana regen. Clarity costs 18% of your mana, and your regen with it is 5% every 5(?) seconds. The damage on paper seems very high, and while the ability itself does do a decent amount of damage, the class can't produce a crazy damage output on its own. It is more of a support caster.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I'M DOING HERE, BUT:

Nausea does not work as a "short duration" effect. It takes 2 seconds to even "start" being noticeable, and then 2 seconds before it finishes, it starts becoming less effective. It's kind of annoying to make it work.

Believe me, I tried.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I'M DOING HERE, BUT:

Nausea does not work as a "short duration" effect. It takes 2 seconds to even "start" being noticeable, and then 2 seconds before it finishes, it starts becoming less effective. It's kind of annoying to make it work.

Believe me, I tried.
Your alive?