• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Resolved Piggify bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

truelinko

Soulsand
When Karuu-something used Piggify on me, i could not use any skills, fireball, icebolt,deepfreeze, etc,so i had no way of defending my self from him other than punching, but i only had a dirt block :D

A

alexhoff1

this happened to me aswell - No skills and no way of hitting him.

totally unfair as it lasts like 10 seconds ):

B

Bingy1218

I fought karuu 3 times and each time he used piggify. On me andi fell through the void and died -.-

MeganPerk

Legacy Supporter 6
Piggify Forces the target to mount a pig for 6 seconds.
^ this is what piggify is intended to do according to the wiki.

Instead it seems to place the user on top of a pig, silence them from using any and all skills, and even sometimes bury them under the ground with the pig for an unescapable death. I've had many instances of being piggified only to (on my screen) dismount the pig and be let free to attack enemies, when in reality i was still stuck in the same place i was piggified, unable to move or perform any actions while other players beat on me. As wonderful as the skill is, it is currently OP, Buggy, and in need of fixing.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Sleaker - I think if the user takes damage, the pig should probably vanish / effect ends - since its meant to be more like an Enchanter's mesmerize spell

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
My 2 cents-
Well from my slight bias as a beguiler, I know that it seems a little op if it also silences users but from what I seen, the target has always been able to use spells when mounted on the pig (target has always been able to use fireball, ect from when I used it on them), they are also able to use melee against us too. While I dislike the vanish after a hit since it becomes like root except the target is still mobile (pig moves unlike root and other similar skills)

From my side the target is free to moves after the 6 seconds, there has no indication that they suffer what megan had explained. The exception is the collusion bug where the pig send the target to the void.
___
Suggestive comments-

It is OP in the sense that they target is subjected to movements they they do not control, which would usually give time for the caster to catch up but the same is said for root and similar skills. These skills that are associated with holding a target in place are constantly in debates. The usage of these OP have been brought up numbers of times. I would compare piggify more closely too "Confuse" from Theif since the target is still mobile on the pig only that they are subject to the pig's random movement much like how confuse work.

I agree that it's OP in the sense that it lowers the chance for a target to get away but this kind of skill is usually to give an advantage in a short time period so that the caster can use their skills while they have the upper hand just like disarm for warriors and confuse for theifs or root for other classes. To counter act the spam of the usage they have longer cooldowns than attack skills and Piggify is 25 secs. CD while the skill last 6 second. Which is why I believe it's more balanced than root's 15 sec CD which last 4 secs.

Instead of moving this skill towards the same category as root, it would be better to associated it to the skill "Confuse" used by theifs.
Confuse-
"For 10 seconds, target moves 2.2 blocks in a random direction every 0.75 seconds."

the pig from piggify causes the user to move in a similar fashion only "weaker" as the movement is governed by how pigs act. It should be more similar to that instead of similar vanishing after an attack.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
Also, not sure this is the place to mention it, but I can us Mob commands to move the pig once I get on it... or I could, I dunno if I still could.
I could type in /mob attack (user) and it would follow the caster who used the spell on me.

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
well I do want to add that in the 1.2 server. When a target is piggify under a 2 high ceiling piggify is immediately canceled. Piggify targets are "lifted" above the 2 block limit and I guess suffocation dispels it which is a good thing since it will solve the collusion problem but still a bug in that manner but is there anyway to fix that?

so far from testing, it looks good since the pig doesn't seem to move in that chaotic way it did pre 1.2. Which makes it seem more like roots than previously confuse movements which had a lot of fun to it. due to its random nature, now it's more of a skill for combat than to play around with.
I agree that it was op since people were not able to get away, I guess 6 seconds for one hit is just enough time to pull off one of those "casting" skills but Beguilers only have one and it only does 12 damage. I guess it more for a team player like for wiz to use megabolt or something.

Nothing wrong so far beside the 2 block cancel thing which makes it useless when people run under trees with leaves at the 2 block height, why not give us roots that does not slow but stays for 6 sec and vanish after one hit?

karuu91

Glowing Redstone
Woah, let's not single this out as me being the only one with a buggy spell. :p Piggify has been broken for awhile, and it's a known bug.

karuu91

Glowing Redstone
Are we getting anything to buff us then? Piggify is kind of our main ability to make beguilers worth choosing. Wisdom is great and all, but a bard does it better. Sonic boom doesn't seem to silence very often after quite a bit of testing last night with a group of us. Most people could cast the second after I used the ability on them. Not to mention it's on a crazy long CD. Plaguebomb is virtually an "lol" spell that isn't viable much outside of MA. Fireball/piggify is pretty much our only PvP abilities. Piggify will now just be a weak version of deepfreeze. Little longer duration, but in group PvP and solo PvP, this doesn't really bring much to the table. Wisdom will literally be the only reason to touch a beguiler, and most will just go bard. This isn't a cry thread, just throwing out personal opinion from NCH, and myself. :) I heard shapeshifting or something to that effect you guys were working on, so high hopes for that!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Piggify breaking on damage was the intent and is not a "nerf" - your class is a crowd control class.
Illusions, ie form change will be coming in - but no planned release.

Status
Not open for further replies.