• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Pick your skills!:)

Carlover1234

Obsidian
What if you could pick your own skills?What would you pick? This is just 2 questions with more than a thousand different combos that you can make, if my idea came to life! So say if this was to come into our server, here's what you can expect to change and not change. We would have no more classes, the only options would be a customizedable combat class and a customizedable profession class. Here's how all of this could work. So you get to have 2 stages in each class, sort of like now except a little different. Your first stage for your 2 classes would have a limited choice of skills and these skills wouldnt be as powerful as your 2nd stage skills. Kind of like being a non-spec like a Healer and spec. like a Cleric. A first stage class would have 30 levels and you could chose 3 skills for your combat class. A first stage profession class would stay the same as it is now, except when your reach your second stage you could customize it. First stage combat class skills would include bandage,smite,fireball,kick,bite,consume,assasains blade,scan,disarm and etc. You would first pick the skills when you started your first stage class or if you reset it. You would also chose a class name from a list of names that feels apropiate to you(you can later change your class name). You wouldn't be able to chose the levels for any of the skills for any stage.Instead they would be chosen by Kainzo and the staff. You are probably thinking that this will not work for second stage classes. Here's my solution: So for second stage classes you can chose 10 skills. All of these skills are ranked by level and power. Power is ranked like this: low,average,good and very good. A player can only have so many of a certain power skill. To make things fair a player can have 1 very good power skill that is probably level 45 and above(level doesnt matter as much though). Also certain power skill combos are not allowed for equality. Then a player can have 2 good power skills. Then 34 average power skills and 3 low power skills. Depending on how powerful they are, then the the Hp, melee weapons and armor can be determined. That's my idea and here's some examples of power skills.
Low:
Track
Syphon
Average:
Reflect
Pray
Good:
Pulse
Chant
Very Good:
Harmtouch
Group Heal
Well that's my idea!Thank you. Tell me what you think and suggest your ideas!

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Great idea but that would take away the fun of having to choose from being dragoon or samurai. And, you forgot about weapons, every one would choose sword if they had an option.

Wolfzee

ICE ICE ICE!
Yes that would be fun, but as arcane said, that ruins the point of classes. :D

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Interesting idea!

But tl;dr

It's an interesting idea yet it was too long so you did not read it? Umm okay...

Anyway, I love the idea of "talent trees". Having a class with specific talents that can be increased depending on what you choose to do. Does add a little freedom in the classes.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
It's an interesting idea yet it was too long so you did not read it? Umm okay...

Anyway, I love the idea of "talent trees". Having a class with specific talents that can be increased depending on what you choose to do. Does add a little freedom in the classes.
Agreed

Hard to balance, but cool concept

agentjwall

Godly
Love the idea, but it would be a pain to balance. It would definitely be more fun than the current setup. Another idea could be to assign a point value to the power of each skill and everytime you level up you gain points that you save up to unlock those skills. Idk, just throwing things against the wall...

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
This actually sounds like a lot of fun. Could base potential titles on the skills you chose, so a healing skill would allow you Healer, having both a spell and a melee skill gets you something like Mageknight and so on.

Love the idea, but it would be a pain to balance. It would definitely be more fun than the current setup. Another idea could be to assign a point value to the power of each skill and everytime you level up you gain points that you save up to unlock those skills. Idk, just throwing things against the wall...
For extra Minecrafty goodness you could be spending experience like for Enchantments. My mind is shifting away from Herocraft some for this idea, but if you wanted it to be "vanilla plus skills" this would be an amusing way to go about it.