• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Personal Region Shapes~

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
So, I've been told by Danda this is not something our Devs can fix, but I was thinking maybe if we brought the idea to the plugin creators, they'd be willing to look into it.

But, right now I was thinking about personal regions, and the shapes they force us to take. I wanted to create a turtle (@iPro_Calum ) and make it my personal region, but having a circular shaped region, I would be using many of the blocks I rent as nothing but unprotected air.
If that makes sense.
It's forcing us to build cube regions only, never any other shapes or structures.

I was thinking maybe the plugin should be changed to make us pay for the amount of blocks within the selected area, minus air blocks?

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
That could be abused by just placing one block in the two corners you select, pay next to nothing, then build inside of it. But there might be some way to prevent this, idk what it is though.

Personally I would love if they are able to accomplish something like this without it being abused.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
That could be abused by just placing one block in the two corners you select, pay next to nothing, then build inside of it. But there might be some way to prevent this, idk what it is though.

Personally I would love if they are able to accomplish something like this without it being abused.
The build inside would be paid for... ALL blocks inside the entire cube. Except air.

EDIT: All in all, I'm just tired of paying for the AIR corners of cubes :p

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
The build inside would be paid for... ALL blocks inside the entire cube. Except air.
I meant paying for a empty space. A space that you had built nothing in. Meaning it is all air and then build afterwards.

Edit: It all being air but the two blocks you placed in the corners. Since right now if you do try to cover a circular area you have to go beyond it, sure you are paying for air but at the same time that air is also protected meaning you can build there at a later time.

Barnubus

Legacy Supporter 8
I meant paying for a empty space. A space that you had built nothing in. Meaning it is all air and then build afterwards.
Hmm that's true. That's a shame.

Then how about this. You pay for it all, but only pay rent on non-airblocks?
Honestly I don't even like that we have to pay then pay rent, but that's whatever, ahah. One or the other for me.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter

Honestly I don't even like that we have to pay then pay rent, but that's whatever, ahah. One or the other for me.

I would love that as I have a round tower that I am paying for currently.

So, I've been told by Danda this is not something our Devs can fix, but I was thinking maybe if we brought the idea to the plugin creators, they'd be willing to look into it.

But, right now I was thinking about personal regions, and the shapes they force us to take. I wanted to create a turtle (@iPro_Calum ) and make it my personal region, but having a circular shaped region, I would be using many of the blocks I rent as nothing but unprotected air.
If that makes sense.
It's forcing us to build cube regions only, never any other shapes or structures.

I was thinking maybe the plugin should be changed to make us pay for the amount of blocks within the selected area, minus air blocks?

This is just another hurdle for us to achieve our dream, another hurdle is claiming a fucking jungle biome (Umbra) in which I need to clear, and flatten out.

Some day, some how our Turtle will it the face of Haven and it shall be remembered for generations to come. I promise.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8

I would claim the entire sky.

I think that you should be able to do the following:
Instead of paying for a cube, you pay per block.
Each block you select by using...a stick with /protect mode toggle
You can only claim blocks that are connected with the first block you claim. (so you can't just go around claiming random shit)
New RULE: You cannot make an entirely enclosed base unless you have claimed it all.

Just thinking up new ideass.