• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Permanent Build World

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I still like the idea of a build world. Still it would be nice to see such cool builds in the world. Maybe Admins could pick the best builds once a month the prize just being they move it to a random place on bastion and you get to brag

faredX

Gold
I disagree with having another world for building. This would ruin the lore as it would make more sense to survive in bastion as this is Hardcore. You've gotta build where you live, you don't just get a separate world where you build stuff.. It's just wrong.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
I disagree with having another world for building. This would ruin the lore as it would make more sense to survive in bastion as this is Hardcore. You've gotta build where you live, you don't just get a separate world where you build stuff.. It's just wrong.
In my opinion, a building world would kinda fit into lore as a heaven dimension.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
WTF is HelloKitty Online? I've heard of the cartoon/toy character, but what?
and kainzo, that's what the TC live for, killing people who don't want to PvP and taking all their stuff... they're an evil guild... literally XD

ooooohhh OK, i think it's sarcasm XD the hellokitty thing...
how do you know if youre right

Acherous

Staff member
Legacy Supporter 9
I'd love a building world. Whining that it will decrease pvp is not a valid argument in my opinion. Minecraft is not a pvp game at all nor is Herocraft a pvp server. As Kainzo said, If you're looking for pvp minecraft certainly isn't your game.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
The server's epic builders make an inestimable contribution to the main map's community. Don't entice them away, please.

Regular build competitions, however, would add spice - and be better for the community than a permanent build world.

Davros_

Web Developer
Legacy Supporter 9
A major flaw I see is that this will basically be like a cheap, enormous donor vault. People will just shove all of their items into their plot and boom, this becomes like a creative server with optional "hardcore".

I suggest either making the world pure creative and disallowing the transfer of items OR disallowing the transfer of items but still requiring people to gather their own resources, with the world being a normal nonsuperflat world.

I vote for the second option. Personally, I don't like the look of superflat worlds. I think natural worlds are much nicer, and 99% of my structures I try to integrate with naturally occurring features. Since item transfer would be off, people could still mine for resources and even sell them for coin, but they wouldn't be valuable in the same way that they would be in Bastion; blocks would most likely be priced according to their aesthetic/practical values.

Still, I think my main point is that if items can transfer between worlds, there shouldn't be a way to safely store them other than LWC. If plots are protected, people will use them as alternatives to donor residences. I guess if they're priced the same it wouldn't really matter, but then people could potentially have 3 or more protected areas to store things, PLUS their town if they're in one.

So again I vote for the naturally generated world with item transferring disabled.

Sorry for all the rambling, hah.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
More worlds=less people in each of them. People will be spread out and the server might not look as "full" as it actually is. All of the new arenas are, /dm /bg ...ect are already doing this."Not complaining the arenas are great".

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
A major flaw I see is that this will basically be like a cheap, enormous donor vault. People will just shove all of their items into their plot and boom, this becomes like a creative server with optional "hardcore".

I suggest either making the world pure creative and disallowing the transfer of items OR disallowing the transfer of items but still requiring people to gather their own resources, with the world being a normal nonsuperflat world.

I vote for the second option. Personally, I don't like the look of superflat worlds. I think natural worlds are much nicer, and 99% of my structures I try to integrate with naturally occurring features. Since item transfer would be off, people could still mine for resources and even sell them for coin, but they wouldn't be valuable in the same way that they would be in Bastion; blocks would most likely be priced according to their aesthetic/practical values.

Still, I think my main point is that if items can transfer between worlds, there shouldn't be a way to safely store them other than LWC. If plots are protected, people will use them as alternatives to donor residences. I guess if they're priced the same it wouldn't really matter, but then people could potentially have 3 or more protected areas to store things, PLUS their town if they're in one.

So again I vote for the naturally generated world with item transferring disabled.

Sorry for all the rambling, hah.
as I said, restrict use of chests...