• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Permanent Build World

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Well, me and some of the other Sires entrants were talking about our builds and other things, without a threat of someone coming to kill us for our materials. I got to thinking, and I thought it would be pretty cool to have a Building World up permanently. Just a place where the builders of the server could take their materials and build stuff together in peace, sharing ideas, etc.,

I know this was talked about with the Adventure Map, a PvE map, and maybe a few others before, so why not? I think it would be a nice addition to the server. Also lets people go and see what architecture is on the server.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I would love to see a perm building map. :) There is just too much risk trying to build out in the open.

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
Well, me and some of the other Sires entrants were talking about our builds and other things, without a threat of someone coming to kill us for our materials. I got to thinking, and I thought it would be pretty cool to have a Building World up permanently. Just a place where the builders of the server could take their materials and build stuff together in peace, sharing ideas, etc.,

I know this was talked about with the Adventure Map, a PvE map, and maybe a few others before, so why not? I think it would be a nice addition to the server. Also lets people go and see what architecture is on the server.
We're gonna need to build walls to contain all this win!

bfittipaldi

Legacy Supporter 7
I agree with this. I would love to see a world for builders just to show off their great works without fear that somebody is gonna kill them for their items.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
it would be nice, except it would be a risk free way to mine for gold. removing all the ores from the world would be the only way this could work.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
Hence it being a Flatlands, as it is for the Spires Build competition. Maybe same way to grant plots.
u beat me to the superflat suggestion and plots, my browser is f***ed up >.< had to download google chrome so i could post again. I was going to say, maybe make it superflat, give everyone a 30x30 plot or so, or something big enough for people to work with, have the superflat set to "tunnelers dream" preset, giving people the ability to have a basement made. restrict the use of chests in this map, cus people could easily abuse the PVE factor and store all their valuables in their chests in this new map. also like everyone wants, people would have to bring their own mats.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
this might also have to become a micro-transaction for a plot, cause then that would be taking another thing from donors perks.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
if it was a cost of coin, it would be same as zeal plot, only in a different world.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
No, not a good idea. PvP is dwindling down enough as it is. This isn't a creative server. I don't see anything hardcore about a pvp free map to build on. There's no risk.
true... true... so maybe we could make the map superflat, and have indivivdual spots that some plugin could create about 5 blocks apart from each other in a grid fromation throughout the whole map, and then people could go and claim 1 spot, and 1 spot only to be theirs, the hardcore factor about it is that there is PvP and the spawn will be allowed to be camped, so people would have to make a mad dash for their claimed spot and get inside quickly before anyone kills them.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Although there is a chance of loss from building in Bastion it is not hard to deal with. Setup an LWC(or 10) at your build site and only take out a few stacks of mats at a time. It will take longer but will have the "safety" you are looking for. If someone decides to be an ass and just camp you, either call in friends to help deal with it or take a break and go mine more mats.

Although I don't particularly agree with W0nder that world PVP is dropping off for any controllable reason(I would say that Veterans are leaving the server for whatever reason, boredom, school, life, other games.) I do agree that having players building their awesome brain children in BASTION for all of the community to enjoy is of a much greater benefit to the server.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
No, not a good idea. PvP is dwindling down enough as it is. This isn't a creative server. I don't see anything hardcore about a pvp free map to build on. There's no risk.
Circular logic. If people don't want to pvp they won't. You may want to ask yourself why you're here if your sole purpose is to find players who don't want to PVP to pvp them.

Games that have insanely active and "prime" PVP:
Chivalry
Planetside 2
HelloKitty Online

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
WTF is HelloKitty Online? I've heard of the cartoon/toy character, but what?
and kainzo, that's what the TC live for, killing people who don't want to PvP and taking all their stuff... they're an evil guild... literally XD

ooooohhh OK, i think it's sarcasm XD the hellokitty thing...

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I would love to see a perm building map. :) There is just too much risk trying to build out in the open.
I built a road from spawn to -2400 the west road. Got attacked 3 times lost 2 stacks of dirt and 3 stacks of stone brick. Took a week and a half.