• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion people leveling in the wrong dungeon

ThatAintFalco

Portal
i've noticed that people over level 40 have been leveling ing dungeons meant for people under 40, likes the 1-10 ones. i feel like they should.

i suggest that if you can only level in your tier or above. so like a level 43 can level in t5 and t6 and not t3

i feel like this is good because it gives players more of a herocraft experience, and not just leveling in 1 dungeon from 1-60

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Look at my suggestion in the dungeon event thread which I feel would be nice. I'm not sure how the coding/program looks for portals but it would be nice to only allow people who are between the lvls indicated at each tier to enter them and nobody else. Or make it so if you are a higher lvl than what a portal indicates you can't enter, so, lower lvls can go in any portal but higher cant.Also I think people were in the other tiers to avoid the PvP camping which you were causing, ThatAintFalco, along with the larger groups.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
i've noticed that people over level 40 have been leveling ing dungeons meant for people under 40, likes the 1-10 ones. i feel like they should.

i suggest that if you can only level in your tier or above. so like a level 43 can level in t5 and t6 and not t3

i feel like this is good because it gives players more of a herocraft experience, and not just leveling in 1 dungeon from 1-60
I feel like this is a bit restrictive but at the same time, may be the better way to go about it.
@0xNaomi, maybe we can extend Mutliverse and make it so there's a level range to enter.
Look at my suggestion in the dungeon event thread which I feel would be nice. I'm not sure how the coding/program looks for portals but it would be nice to only allow people who are between the lvls indicated at each tier to enter them and nobody else. Also I think people were in the other tiers to avoid the PvP camping which you were causing, ThatAintFalco, along with the larger groups.
Above ^

ThatAintFalco

Portal
Look at my suggestion in the dungeon event thread which I feel would be nice. I'm not sure how the coding/program looks for portals but it would be nice to only allow people who are between the lvls indicated at each tier to enter them and nobody else. Also I think people were in the other tiers to avoid the PvP camping which you were causing, ThatAintFalco, along with the larger groups.

It's now part of the herocraft experience. Have fun leveling :D

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I feel like this is a bit restrictive but at the same time, may be the better way to go about it.
@0xNaomi, maybe we can extend Mutliverse and make it so there's a level range to enter.

Above ^
So long as people can go to higher if they wish I'm okay with the idea.

Just no idea how to do it, it might be a while.

Soren_Endon

Coder
I am not a fan of preventing people from experiencing content for being to high of a level. @Kainzo @0xNaomi I would instead suggest a means of reducing the experience gained from dungeons below your level, or a means of scaling one down to that content level similar to what Guild Wars 2 does so with higher levels entering lower level content.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I am not a fan of preventing people from experiencing content for being to high of a level. @Kainzo @0xNaomi I would instead suggest a means of reducing the experience gained from dungeons below your level, or a means of scaling one down to that content level similar to what Guild Wars 2 does so with higher levels entering lower level content.

I think this is a much better idea...

Soren_Endon

Coder
Indeed it is, but how would that even be implemented... most we can do with effects is attribute loss.

I would argue that all that would need scaling is the pve damage multipliers and perhaps health. Leave attributes and the base damage alone to let the player at least feel stronger.

Fiskell

Coal
This kind of already happens because of the exp curve

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
The reason people don't go into the 40 to 60 dungeons is purely because they'll get camped to all hell if someone realizes they're there. Forcing people into that would really suck. There are people who dislike PvP and try to avoid it, even if that means it takes longer for them to level.

iAlchemist

Legacy Supporter 3
The reason people don't go into the 40 to 60 dungeons is because they'll get camped to all hell if someone realizes they're there. Forcing people into that would really suck. There are people who dislike PvP and try to avoid it, even if that means it takes longer for them to level.
I think it's important to note that the environment of this server contains a lot of PVP, but I agree that preventing people from leveling in lower tier dungeons would just be too restrictive. If you want to take a year to level in a lower tier dungeon, so be it. With the new item system, everyone is far more fearful of death, and some rather unsavory characters like to camp in the PVP wastelands to promote their "dominance" over that area. Not that I'm saying that the last dungeon should be PvE, quite the contrary. It should be a challenge to push those last 20 levels, but people should have the choice to lengthen their leveling pace in order to remain safe from unsavory characters.