• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Pc shopping help needed!

Razael6

Legacy Supporter 3
So I need help with finding a pc as I know nothing. I want a pc that can run Guild Wars 2, and games such as Left 4 Dead and stuff without lag on normal settings. A friend of mine suggested to buy like a $250 or $300 PC with like 2 GB of RAM and than spend $50 bucks for a good graphics card, as the built in graphics card for pc's of that price rang suck. To check if the pc's I look at on bestbuy.com can play it I check here http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=684&game=Guild Wars 2 .

I would prefer a Gateway computer if possible, so this means a windows not mac on linux. For the graphics card I dont really care what brand like maybe perhaps intel, same with the gateway if there is none. Preferably less than like around $350 dollars as I can only make so much money at my age. But I dont really care what graphics card comes with it as I can buy one for the pc for the reasons I said in the 1st paragraph, unless you guys can find one with one that can run gw2 that comes with a pc.
So anyone have any suggestions?

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Hey! I'm currently having the same dhilemna as you. My current computer sucks ass loads and I need something new that can run GW2. What I would do is:
1) Go for a desktop. 300$ won't get you shit on a laptop.
2) Processor = Graphics Card > Ram <-- focus on these
3) For 300$, you aren't guranteed much, but since you might be a little budget tight, you should try buying a barebone kit off of tigerdirect or newegg, Buying maybe 4gb of ram later on, and spending at least around 75$ on your graphics card.

Edit: My birthday is in 3 weeks though, and my dad's putting $1k towards a desktop for me to build, so I guess i'm set. :D