• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Path Balancing.

Recently warriors and rogues are able to use highly enchanted swords to demolish their enemies in only a few blows.(Ex-Knockback-Flame Sword-Ect.) Now with 1.1 rangers will also get a boost due to enhcantable bows.(However Flame aspect will not be used.) Last map paths seemed to be balanced pretty exceptionally thanks to Kainzo and his team. However with all these new enchantments being added in it seems that the playing feild has become unbalanced. To make matters worse Caster and Healer Paths which were already waiting for a boost to balance the scales instead were treated with a warmup for important spells they commonly use. I actually agree with Kainzo's decision to do this though because it makes sense in most cases. Im not sure what will happen and what Kainzo is going to do about this but soon I feel as if the rift in power will shift dramatically and leave certain specialities weak or even crippled. Im not to familiar in this but as most of you have heard Kainzo does not want to be lvling to only boost health but damage and ect. I suggest that Caster and Healer paths can recieve larger mana amounts as they level their specialities. Now this might not be the best idea but as an example lets say Im a lvl 30 necromancer and I lvl to 31 I would get a +1 mana point allowing me acheive 125 mana by the time I master.(Or possibly have diffrent amounts of gainable mana depending on the speciality like +0.6 mana leaving a the final mastered mana lvl at 115.) This also makes perfect sense seeing as all paths have 100% mana while Healers and Casters are the main magic associated paths. Please leave your suggestions and tell me your opinion on my idea.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
colored wall of text..
Paragraphs....

I reid to read it..... my eyes... THERE BURNING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from what I did read, Heroes is not a solo lone wolf game, you need friends, no friends you die.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
You talk about skill warmups like it's affecting all casters. It's really just Wizards. Geomancers and Necros do just fine with using their skills, but party pvp is what makes balance arguments invalid.

Out there in HC, people sneak up on others, get the upper hand. You never often get a fair 1on1 fight, and you probably shouldn't. Sure there's a bug with armor being way to amazing, but that doesn't make non-warror and rouge classes useless.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
Recently warriors and rogues are able to use highly enchanted swords to demolish their enemies in only a few blows.(Ex-Knockback-Flame Sword-Ect.) Now with 1.1 rangers will also get a boost due to enhcantable bows.(However Flame aspect will not be used.) Last map paths seemed to be balanced pretty exceptionally thanks to Kainzo and his team. However with all these new enchantments being added in it seems that the playing feild has become unbalanced.

To make matters worse Caster and Healer Paths which were already waiting for a boost to balance the scales instead were treated with a warmup for important spells they commonly use. I actually agree with Kainzo's decision to do this though because it makes sense in most cases. Im not sure what will happen and what Kainzo is going to do about this but soon I feel as if the rift in power will shift dramatically and leave certain specialities weak or even crippled.

Im not to familiar in this but as most of you have heard Kainzo does not want to be lvling to only boost health but damage and ect. I suggest that Caster and Healer paths can recieve larger mana amounts as they level their specialities.

Now this might not be the best idea but as an example lets say Im a lvl 30 necromancer and I lvl to 31 I would get a +1 mana point allowing me acheive 125 mana by the time I master.(Or possibly have diffrent amounts of gainable mana depending on the speciality like +0.6 mana leaving a the final mastered mana lvl at 115.) This also makes perfect sense seeing as all paths have 100% mana while Healers and Casters are the main magic associated paths.

Please leave your suggestions and tell me your opinion on my idea.

:)

Interesting read tho :)
sorry for de-railing it.

You talk about skill warmups like it's affecting all casters. It's really just Wizards. Geomancers and Necros do just fine with using their skills, but party pvp is what makes balance arguments invalid.

Out there in HC, people sneak up on others, get the upper hand. You never often get a fair 1on1 fight, and you probably shouldn't. Sure there's a bug with armor being way to amazing, but that doesn't make non-warror and rouge classes useless.

I completely agree you but what im trying to get across is that Healers and Casters are lacking and there needs to be something if anything done about it. While a huge aspect is party pvp that can go both ways, Ive had times where 2 even leveled casters go up against one even leveled warrior or rogue and have no chance of winning. I mean it all really does depend on the circumstance. Seeing as Warriors and Rogues are able to use the enchanted armor and weapons alone to win with ease is really discouraging to those who are unable to use barely anything at all.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
We could blame jeb for not making Hoe enchants. That would help us out, even if just a little.

We could also beg @Kainzo to let casters wear chain mail armor. Didn't Gandalf wear chainmail under his robes?

Yeah hoe enchantments to boost mana or something would help alot I dont think Kainzo would want to give Casters more armor I would like to be able to wear more armor as a healer however. How about Casters could at least get to wear parts of chainmail like the healer specs currently do and healers are allowed to wear something around half chanmail or full chainmail other than cleric.

Predator2010

Legacy Supporter 3
To be honest, with this hunger for physical movement implemented, im happy, no more OverPowered dragoon jumping away after killing a player.....

Yeah thats great, kinda had a player trolling me as dragoon running away every time the playing feild was leveled.

Yeah, its not extremely unbalanced right now but what im saying is with all the new enchantments coming in for rogues/warriors kinda leaves casters/healers out there. But its up to you how this will be dealt with if anything at all.:D

Predator2010

Legacy Supporter 3
We'll re-balance and make things work - it just requires everyone's feedback and input to make it great :)

I don't think its super unbalanced as is but play tests will help us find things and rebalance them.

Its not "Super" unbalanced but its noticeably un-balanced, think Dragoon's jump needs hunger cost/Higher MP req. :)
Just my opinion :D

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I think Casters are fine. I experienced to fight one who binded fireball to dirt. I chased him with my sword, and he rapid fired 8 fireballs at me, he missed 4. I had 8 or less HP left. If he'd hit one more i would be dead, how much MP do Fireball cost?

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Its really not unbalanced, its just that casters are useless in PvP until they spec, and when they spec they become balanced and more fun to play, altho lag ruins some of that fun(if there is lag).

gooscar

Legacy Supporter 4
Its really not unbalanced, its just that casters are useless in PvP until they spec, and when they spec they become balanced and more fun to play, altho lag ruins some of that fun(if there is lag).
No, I am a level 40 Geomancer and I can tell you for sure that my damage high enough to defend myself like the mage's role is. Instead I cast a few spells, run out of mana, run away, and die. -.- Mages are severely underpowered in PvP at the moment unless we get lucky.

HollowSith

Diamond
I made a similar post about this before reading this one. Geo's need Wisdom or Replenish for it to be balanced. Some way of regaining mana.

gooscar

Legacy Supporter 4
I made a similar post about this before reading this one. Geo's need Wisdom or Replenish for it to be balanced. Some way of regaining mana.
Completely agree. Also skills need to be fixed but Sleaker/Kainzo have been alerted to this.