• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Patch Notes - 01/02/14 TO 01/16/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
General:
  • MAP EXPANSION (HAVEN) - 5000R AMPLIFIED! (1/17/14)
  • Added PVP/PVE lines to the /motd
  • Mark/Recall skill have now been added for Shrine - they are now MarkPVE and RecallPVE respectively.
  • Added hotfix for /book to be a little more secure and less likely to flake. (Thanks @greatman321)
  • Fixed http://hc.to/vote to show the top-voters!
  • Added new Summon skills (Squid/Cat/Horse) renamed MooshroomCow to Mooshroom.
  • Removed duplicate broadcasts on some skills.
  • Increase the durability of all armor by x3.
  • RechrageRunestone now requires 4 Eye of Enders to use (Technical Blocks cannot be placed in inventories as of 1.7.2/4)
  • ------------------------------------------------
  • Haven and Shrine now have the same soul shard drop rate but the rare weps appear more often on Haven. (this was to address the accumulating currency issue on Shrine)
  • Add Acacia Wood / Dark Wood for exp sources (needs testing)
  • Slaying players now yield 50 exp on Haven server
  • Removed Township cap (for now)
  • Fixed Issues with SummonPickaxe, SummonMooshrom - should be usable on all servers once again.
  • Granted Summon Squid/Cat/Horse to Farmers.
  • Increase the view distance to 6 on Haven and 8 on Shrine. Yay, you can see further!
  • Added SummonVillager to Merchant (Level 60 - 10 Emerald Blocks - 1 day cd)
  • Re-enabled Hoppers for Engineer, Hopper Carts are still disabled.
  • Resolved cast time issue where players would become rooted when casting.
  • Players can no longer mount if flagged in combat.
  • FINALLY: fixed player tracking range - increased to 48R (up from 32R) on all servers
  • Added HolySteed (65 - Paladin) and DreadSteed (65 - Dreadknight)
  • Hellgate reagent cost reduced to 1 Enderpearl (Down from 6)

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Who exactly do these skills go to? Farmers don't have them :(

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
  • RechrageRunestone now requires 4 Eye of Enders to use (Technical Blocks cannot be placed in inventories as of 1.7.2/4)

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
I really like the armor change. between the high durability and new unbreaking enchant, armor will last quite awhile in pve and pvp so long as you arent dying constantly (which will happen in pvp but thats good, consistently winning side forces retreat by killing / breaking equipment). And now since dying is the primary cause of breaking, which is a straight 10% reduction, wearing full leather with enchants really isnt that bad compared to iron, diamond, etc., especially for pvp.

I think this change was needed as a precursor to pvp outposts to keep the fighting going there more frequently. It will certainly reduce the demand for armor shops and such but . . . still feel its for the best for pvp at least.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
Would like to point out something from last patch, "Level 10 and lower can now be pvp'd on Haven/Ruins". Sooooo you know how bad noob camping is so we make it so new players don't even have 10 levels to get themselves situated. NOT trying to sound like an ass but seriously what were you thinking?

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
While moving away from an Exchange purchased item is great, I do not believe there is room for improvement on the price.

The reagents to recharge should scale with the type of runestone. For one, this may encourage people to recharge lesser quality runes, and will cost people more money to recharge high quality runes. This will only help trade and will not take anything away from gameplay.
ie: 1 Eye of Ender to recharge Minor Runestones, 2 Eye of Ender to recharge Major Runestone, 4 Eye of Ender to recharge Gigantic Runestone. Or something to that effect.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Would like to point out something from last patch, "Level 10 and lower can now be pvp'd on Haven/Ruins". Sooooo you know how bad noob camping is so we make it so new players don't even have 10 levels to get themselves situated. NOT trying to sound like an ass but seriously what were you thinking?
You kinda have a whole map now to level and stuff.... So you should be fine :3

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
You kinda have a whole map now to level and stuff.... So you should be fine :3
You stil have to mine in Haven if you want any equipment. It's bad either way, but I guess it fits the "HARDCORE" style of Herocraft.

Iseradore

Legacy Supporter 6
You stil have to mine in Haven if you want any equipment. It's bad either way, but I guess it fits the "HARDCORE" style of Herocraft.
They can now build/level completely in shrine if they want to get situated, and then following that they can head to haven as a spec and engage in pvp. By that time they are more than situated and used to the game than you would have been getting 10 levels on ruins before.. So saying you still have to mine in ruins and that it's bad is kinda silly. This is actually a vast improvement for them in general as before you might get to level 10 with all your minerals but anyone could come along and kill you/raid your chests and you were out all that stuff anyway.. You get as much or as little time as you want to get used to the game before you launch into pvp.

Yavool

Legacy Supporter 9
While moving away from an Exchange purchased item is great, I do not believe there is room for improvement on the price.

The reagents to recharge should scale with the type of runestone. For one, this may encourage people to recharge lesser quality runes, and will cost people more money to recharge high quality runes. This will only help trade and will not take anything away from gameplay.
ie: 1 Eye of Ender to recharge Minor Runestones, 2 Eye of Ender to recharge Major Runestone, 4 Eye of Ender to recharge Gigantic Runestone. Or something to that effect.

Eyes of Ender are cheap (what, 7 emeralds to a Merchant, which translates into 2.2 stacks of wheat?) and raising the amount for a greater charged runestone is insiginficant. At 4 eyes across the board, a town could easily have their merchant charge up even minor runestones without much concern. If Eyes of Ender are kept as the primary reagant, I would argue exactly the opposite direction you do, saying those who invested in a major or gigantic runestone should receive the perk of a "discounted" recharge as a perk to offset the higher price of their initial purchase, which would encourage the actual purchase of those higher-priced runestones beyond the minimal purchases those items see now.

The biggest aspect of this change (and the one that I foresee may have the greatest future problem) is removing the exclusivity of the recharge reagant from the Exchange to a community-owned reagant that is easy to manufacture by either a Merchant or Alchemist (who can make Blaze Powder at L48 at the cost of 1 redstone dust, 1 gunpowder, and & glowstone dust). The strain this could potentially put on the economy is the burden a Runesmith would have to shoulder: a person will buy their 1 runestone to each desired location and then simply recharge it for basically no cost (with the right connections). This could hinder an already difficult business for Runesmiths, as they are already unable to actually *sell* their runestones in a chest shop, but rather have to do so on the open /t market or in alliance with a Merchant. (Already discussed in previous threads: the request to allow all professions to sell every item that they can produce in a chest shop).

The solution to this would be to change the reagant back to something that only the Exchange sells and/or can create. If this was done, then perhaps Jonsoon's suggestion would have more merit, given that the price of the lowest recharge would be low enough to warrant recharging a minor runestone and then slightly scaled up from there.

Example (akin to Jonsoon's suggestion):
Recharging reagant: 1 for 20s
Required for minor runestone (2 charge): 1 (20s, or 10s/charge)
Required for major runestone (8 charge): 2 (40s, or 5s/charge)
Required for gigantic runestone (15 charge): 3 (60s, or 4s/charge)
required for ancient runestone: not required - unlimited uses

This would still incentivize the purchase of a larger stone to some extent, and keep the heartbeat of a Runesmith's challenging business from flat-lining.

There are a couple items in the game that would fit this bill, and could be made unplaceable similar to ores. They are (may not be all-inclusive):

Sponge (i.d. 19)
Bedrock (i.d. 7)

-yav

Status
Not open for further replies.