• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Patch Day = Friday

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
There will be some updates coming this Friday for PVP.

includes:
- TNT now breaks blocks. (including Obsidian)
- Blocks broken by TNT will slowly regenerate.
- Residence and Townships blocks will also be broken and regenerate.
- LWC's and Chestshops will not break via TNT.
- The use flag on Residence will be enabled on PVP.
- Party Size increased to 10
- Several AOE skills are limited to 5 targets (closest in most cases)
- All items will be dropped on death or in a deathchest if one is available.

Last edited:

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter

includes:

--more to follow
Mahahahah! I shall rule the world with TNT :D

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Does this mean that regular chests can be broken so items will drop from the chests ?

LightningCape

Holy Shit!

includes:

--more to follow

Cant wait for the patch!

Also my bad :cool:

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Does this mean that regular chests can be broken so items will drop from the chests ?
There's going to be a few "I understands" in this post. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I understand that TNT destroys ordinary chests AND their contents.

I understood from what @Kainzo said at the community meeting that chests will regenerate with their items in them.

The looting potential, then, will depend on whether the dirt over the chest regenerates before or after the chest...

Anyway, this is what is being tested out on Siege Test. Can anyone comment on what's being experienced when TNT is used there?

RagingDragon5

Portal
One question for me: Will tnt hurt players inside non pvp regions i.e. graveyards. I can see people setting up tnt cannons by the graveyards so they can take down people inside them.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
What is the timer on the regen (if we're allowed to know) ? Is it set or has some randomness in it ? The TnT has to be placed correct so limited uses inside enemy regions correct ? Basically this will allow raiders into residences and towns by bypassing the outer wall, but once inside they will not be able to blow holes in interior walls or buildings. Am I understanding this correctly ? and is the area affect square ? Would it be possible to blow the covering block off a chest (with luck / skill) while keeping the chest intact ?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
What is the timer on the regen (if we're allowed to know) ? Is it set or has some randomness in it ? The TnT has to be placed correct so limited uses inside enemy regions correct ? Basically this will allow raiders into residences and towns by bypassing the outer wall, but once inside they will not be able to blow holes in interior walls or buildings. Am I understanding this correctly ? and is the area affect square ? Would it be possible to blow the covering block off a chest (with luck / skill) while keeping the chest intact ?
Starts after 60s, takes a variable amount of time to regenerate completely.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
There's going to be a few "I understands" in this post. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I understand that TNT destroys ordinary chests AND their contents.

I understood from what @Kainzo said at the community meeting that chests will regenerate with their items in them.

The looting potential, then, will depend on whether the dirt over the chest regenerates before or after the chest...

Anyway, this is what is being tested out on Siege Test. Can anyone comment on what's being experienced when TNT is used there?

From my tests on siege, you are right. Regardless of what's in the chest. If it is blow up via TNT, everything within the chest will be destroyed then regenerated (to stop duping I think). However, it is indeed a case of 'can I open the chest before the dirt regents' or 'can I just blow off the dirt without destroying the chest'. I for one can't think of a possible solution other than not allowing chests to be regenerated.