• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Patch 5.20 and PvP Tourney

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Ok, so I do not know if everyone saw @Kainzo 's ingame announcement about the upcoming PvP tourney. With the new patch now being planned I think it is time we make some changes to the classes to have some better balance for the upcoming event.

Shaman
  • Overall we could have shaman become a mage spec but I feel like the ability to control an area with totems is a better fit for a support role (healer spec)
  • On live all the totems have a 1 min cooldown, which was a hot fix or 'hot nerf'.
  • Firestriketotem was not made like how kainzo expected (I think). Right now it pretty much targets entities and can hit them with multiple of the projectiles (I am not a 100% certain on the way this skill works, so please correct me if I am wrong). I don't know how many of you remember or were around for the skill 'firewave'. But it pretty much shot out fireballs around you (only horizontal). There ended up being a major problem with this skill, when it was used when standing inside another person it would one hit them (they got hit by all the fireballs at once). I think that kainzo wanted firestriketotem to be like this but of course without the 1-hitting
  • With only having one totem out at a time I feel like shaman's healing totem is really lacking compared to other group heals so I think a buff on the healing totem would make the healing totem more reliable
Ranger
  • Atm it is just to strong, a lot of damage with a good amount of tankiness.
  • A health nerf or an armor nerf would help solve this issue
  • This is just what I have found, I have not played ranger that recently either-so please if you are a ranger provide some input (because imo they are a bit too strong)
Wizard
  • The god damn range on arcane blast is too damn long! A few block nerf on arcane blast's range
  • It is actually pretty hard to 'run' from an arcane blast unless you have an escape/mobility.
  • Again, I have not played wizard recently, I know that arcane blast has a long warmup, so maybe a 0.5s decrease in the warmup to compensate for the range
Dreadknight/Bloodmage
  • Just so weak atm, I have not really looked into it much
  • These classes (imo) are the two weakest and the most underplayed (maybe, maybe not) and it should be one of our goals to bring these up to par
Disciple
  • I think I can be biased to disciple so please, provide input, argue your points
  • Change forcepush/pull to do magic damage and scale only off int. At the same time reduce forcepush's damage/scaling to match forcepull's
  • Having one skill scale off of agility is a bit redundant. So changing flyingkick to scale off of either int or str (for the range) would better help disciple's attribute problem
  • Renewal has a ridiculous warmup for disciple being a combat healer (3s), so reducing it to 2s and reducing the base healing by a bit to help compensate
  • If we do go through the change on flyingkick (even kainzo said it was maddening to have one skill use agility) we should also be changing alacrity-I meant for this to be a quick post so I'm not going to explain the whole concept here, but you can look at this thread http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/disciple-stuff.50057/
  • And of course, last but not least-Ironfist. Too wasteful to use regularly (it is situational). Buffing either the slow or the 'umph' of the knockback/up would make this skill more usable in more situations
@Balance Team ...lets not let this die in two days like the last thread posted

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Ranger
  • This is just what I have found, I have not played ranger that recently either-so please if you are a ranger provide some input (because imo they are a bit too strong)
Check to make sure that ExplosiveShot is scaling off of INT. It seems to be scaling off of AGI currently, which means that it is a very strong skill for damage heavy rangers.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Check to make sure that ExplosiveShot is scaling off of INT. It seems to be scaling off of AGI currently, which means that it is a very strong skill for damage heavy rangers.
Just went on test, yes it is scaling off of intellect (1 damage per point of intellect)

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
I am watching this. Some good things I can see in Trues post.

I agree with the Ranger being extremely strong and Dreadknights feeling weak. As I love both classes I haven't been able to go back to Dreadknight since the changes it recieved from Delf.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Ok, so I do not know if everyone saw @Kainzo 's ingame announcement about the upcoming PvP tourney. With the new patch now being planned I think it is time we make some changes to the classes to have some better balance for the upcoming event.

Shaman
  • Overall we could have shaman become a mage spec but I feel like the ability to control an area with totems is a better fit for a support role (healer spec)
  • On live all the totems have a 1 min cooldown, which was a hot fix or 'hot nerf'.
  • Firestriketotem was not made like how kainzo expected (I think). Right now it pretty much targets entities and can hit them with multiple of the projectiles (I am not a 100% certain on the way this skill works, so please correct me if I am wrong). I don't know how many of you remember or were around for the skill 'firewave'. But it pretty much shot out fireballs around you (only horizontal). There ended up being a major problem with this skill, when it was used when standing inside another person it would one hit them (they got hit by all the fireballs at once). I think that kainzo wanted firestriketotem to be like this but of course without the 1-hitting
  • With only having one totem out at a time I feel like shaman's healing totem is really lacking compared to other group heals so I think a buff on the healing totem would make the healing totem more reliable
Ranger
Wizard
  • The god damn range on arcane blast is too damn long! A few block nerf on arcane blast's range
  • It is actually pretty hard to 'run' from an arcane blast unless you have an escape/mobility.
  • Again, I have not played wizard recently, I know that arcane blast has a long warmup, so maybe a 0.5s decrease in the warmup to compensate for the range
Dreadknight/Bloodmage
  • Just so weak atm, I have not really looked into it much
  • These classes (imo) are the two weakest and the most underplayed (maybe, maybe not) and it should be one of our goals to bring these up to par
Disciple
  • I think I can be biased to disciple so please, provide input, argue your points
  • Change forcepush/pull to do magic damage and scale only off int. At the same time reduce forcepush's damage/scaling to match forcepull's
  • Having one skill scale off of agility is a bit redundant. So changing flyingkick to scale off of either int or str (for the range) would better help disciple's attribute problem
  • Renewal has a ridiculous warmup for disciple being a combat healer (3s), so reducing it to 2s and reducing the base healing by a bit to help compensate
  • If we do go through the change on flyingkick (even kainzo said it was maddening to have one skill use agility) we should also be changing alacrity-I meant for this to be a quick post so I'm not going to explain the whole concept here, but you can look at this thread http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/disciple-stuff.50057/
  • And of course, last but not least-Ironfist. Too wasteful to use regularly (it is situational). Buffing either the slow or the 'umph' of the knockback/up would make this skill more usable in more situations
@Balance Team ...lets not let this die in two days like the last thread posted
I wouldn't use the work "weak" for bloodmage. It has the single strongest magic skill on the server atm. Was actually planning on making a more in depth "current state of balance" kind of post. We all agree that things need to change though.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Shaman
Mmk, this is my land here.
  • Trust me, I want to remove the 1 min nerf as much as possible and swap it out with resource control instead, but we need to switch around Totem power first.
  • ATM I'd agree with moving to Mage just because kain thinks it has too much offense to be a Healer/Support. Plus, if Bard can be Rogue, this can be Mage.
  • We also have/soon will have means to make a lightning BOLT silently. So there's that.
  • Firestrike shoots 4 fireballs, though they never all hit together, because if it shot one it wouldn't hit all the time.
  • The problem with the firewave style is that once it's past maybe 3 blocks away, it won't hit. Current firestrike will hit if you were in range when it fired so long as there's no wall in the way (Druid counters this hard)
  • And one more for Firestrike, not to be rude to kain but I really don't care if he wants that, I'm going to keep trying to keep it as it is (relatively, changes are always possible)
  • I also want to buff healingtotem. We'll see how it goes with a resource management game though.
  • Do note that if it becomes a Mage It'll prolly lose a heal. That's what my bet'd be on. (And the HOT is vital to my idea of a resource management game, so that'd be modified rather than removed prolly).

Wolfzee

ICE ICE ICE!
I'll talk about Dreadknight:
  • Dread aura is just worthless. There is never a reason to use it as it has a high mana cost, doesn't do any damage and the heal is capped to 20hp. To fix this the mana cost per tick has to be lowered very slightly, and it has to tick every second minimum.
  • Harmtouch has a 15 min. cd. You read that correctly, 15 minutes. Harmtouch is pretty much all of DK's damage and it has a ridiculous cooldown. Definitely needs to be lowered. Maybe around 5 minutes would be more balanced.
  • They aren't tanky. They have to spend all their points in endurance and con. just to be somewhat tanky, but then they do no damage. Their scaling of intellect on their skills needs to be tweaked. The fact that they have to build intellect and strength to do any damage, makes it so either your autos don't hurt or your skills don't.
  • Dreadknight is a plague/death class, they need debuffs!

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I'll talk about Dreadknight:
  • Dreadknight is a plague/death class, they need debuffs!
They do have debuffs
  • Curse makes them miss a lot of attacks
  • Mana freeze is meant to stop casters/healers in their tracks, but maybe just freezing it is not enough. We could add a small mana drain off of it
  • Terror was a great skill in Bastion, I don't really know what happened to it
I don't really think that debuffs are the issue on dreadknight. I've been talking with leo (he used to play a lot of dreadknight) and he was pointing out how weak decay and soul leech were

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Dreadknight is really good imo............
Bloodmage needs to be more defined imo,
Shaman shouldn't get any buffs at all until knockback on firestrike totem is removed cuz shaman is untouchable with it, maybe take out fire strike and add shock totem back iN?

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
The HT CD will not/should not be touched. It's a once a combat thing. DK's overall damage can be raised or lowered without going through that skill tbh.

I really have never liked HarmTouch as a skill honestly, Earlier it was a massive strike that you could use once a fight to one target. Doing 350 Hps gave DK a huge lead starting off or ending any 1v1 combat. In groups it was a save it till the right second to drop a enemy at 1/3 of their health.
Currently it has maintained the high 15 minute cooldown but now only does 185 hps(weaker then most medium mage spells) while still costing 25% Mana 25% Stamina AND 100 Hp from the caster. So you lose 25% of both your mana and stamina to do 85 damage once every 15 minutes,,,

Sooo, Harmtouch needs to be tweaked heavy.

I see a few options:

Keep it as a heavy blast rare cast- Harmtouch Level 50, 0 Stamina, 0 Mana, Instant cast, 15 Minute cooldown, You deal (285 + 2.125 per intellect point) dark damage to your target (within 4 blocks) while draining yourself for 100 damage.

Change it to a close range medium damage nuke - Harmtouch Level 50, 0 Stamina, 250 Mana, Instant cast, 45 second cooldown, You deal (135 + 2.125 per intellect point) dark damage to your target (within 4 blocks.)

Or remove it all together and give a dark damage buff to their weapon of something - Harmtouch Level 50, 0 Stamina, 150 Mana, Instant cast, 45 second cooldown, You deal an additional (5 + 1.125 per intellect point) dark damage to anything struck by your axe for the next 35 seconds