• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion party target commands

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
could it be possible, to add a command that cycles through party members and locks heals onto them? as a healer, it's rather a b**** to try to heal someone mid-combat in a large fight. command could be something like /party target next, and /party target previous, then for emergency self heal, /party target off. once you've used the command, a chat prompt would tell you who you're currently targetting, so everytime till you toggle the target again, you're support skills will hit the target. IE

mikehk: /party target next
"You're now targeting Dennis69911a"
mikehk: /skill sacredtouch
(not even looking at dennis)"mikehk begins casting sacredtouch on Dennis69911a!"

etc, then i can continue to heal dennis, or I can turn it off an heal myself. OOOR, i can do next to toggle to the next person the party dictates, and heal them, and if dennis is in trouble again, i do /party target previous and go back to targeting dennis.

SUMMARY:
/party target next, /party target previous, /party target off. allows easier healing in parties.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Well, typically someone would bind like "/skill sacredtouch <playername" and just focus healing on player, or if you have enough macro's available bind 2 or 3 people.

dingytoothpaste

Glowing Redstone
I agree that there might be an easier of doing things and the whole healing thing is especially difficult for clerics as that's pretty much all they can do :p I find the best way currently is to focus certain heals i.e.large heals and cooldowns to the people in your team you want to focus and then to have your more standard heals or most powerful e.g. fullheal set as a macro with an empty box each time to set someone's name. I've forgotten the command but I know it's possible. Then just try to make the best use of aoe heals whilst conserving mana effectively.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I don't like this implementation of party targeting.
Healers have to aim just like the rest of us.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't like this implementation of party targeting.
Healers have to aim just like the rest of us.
have you ever actually tried healing? if you miss, it starts warming up and u have to look down and hit a block to turn it off. if u dont turn it off, u heal yourself, wasting the cooldown and now your target doesnt have the heal he/she needs. since nobody stays still in combat, you'll miss about 2-6 times before actually being able to heal your target.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
have you ever actually tried healing? if you miss, it starts warming up and u have to look down and hit a block to turn it off. if u dont turn it off, u heal yourself, wasting the cooldown and now your target doesnt have the heal he/she needs. since nobody stays still in combat, you'll miss about 2-6 times before actually being able to heal your target.
Yes, Cleric is one of my main classes. I'm surprised I have to explain this to a member of the Balance team but here goes...
(to be clear, I think your idea is merely unnecessary, but your report on the status of Healing is erroneous; see below)

In HeroCraft (and many other games) positioning is key to success. Just as it is a terrible idea to stand in front of a ninja or to run in circles 5 blocks away from a wizard, it is a good idea to stand near your Healer when you need to receive non-AoE, targeted Heals.

If you are missing your heals 2-6 times per cast, your group needs to communicate more, and play a better positional game. Remember, they only have to run to you once then they can fight anywhere within the Heal's range while the warm-up goes off!

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
yes, positioning plays an immense role in healing, but it's rather bad if you take into consideration the slight lag/hitbox distortion. there's a reason people have to spam the hell out of macros before they go off if playing a dps class.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
A healer targeting an ally with their heals is in fact easier than a dps targeting an enemy with their skills.

When trying to kill someone, your target is actively doing their best to NOT get hit by your skills.
When healing someone, your target isn't trying to dodge your skills. Thus making them an easier target than someone who is trying to avoid your skills.

Granted people are dumb and will run away from their healer in an attempt to secure that killing blow, but that's the dps' problem not the healer's
TLDR if you can land your skills as a dps you can land your skills as a healer

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
A healer targeting an ally with their heals is in fact easier than a dps targeting an enemy with their skills.

When trying to kill someone, your target is actively doing their best to NOT get hit by your skills.
When healing someone, your target isn't trying to dodge your skills. Thus making them an easier target than someone who is trying to avoid your skills. -snip-
While true, you also have to take into consideration that targeted heals (not a projectile) fires off anyways even when you don't hit something, while as a DPS, it does not.

edit: I failed

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Healers are really good in teamfights, and have always been.

Anyone remember the MUST have Clerics in PVP tournys? Everyone has to aim, talk to your teammates when they need a heal and tell em to come close to you.