• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Paladins

Should some of these changes be applied?

• Total voters

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
I'm going to point this out right now because I have gathered enough evidence over time to support my claims.
Paladins are not a popular class, at all. Many people mastered it and they seem to want to get away from the class after mastery (most that i have seen, correct me if I am wrong) My main proof of this is that if you do /hero who paladin, what you will get is maybe 1-2 players max. And I can somewhat understand why, because its a defending class of the warrior. And I want the people in Herocraft to realise that paladin can be a fun class to play, in fact really fun if you actually RP. And so what im questioning is the strength of the paladin itself.

I mean the paladin has the shield ability, but it is completely pointless is it not (unless in ma) And lets be honest, paladin should not be only used in ma's. And it can be changed for something so much better! I mean has no one thought of adding damage to the shields? so they can actually "shield bash" because the measly 1 damage they do is kind of... Counter intuitive to the hole idea of having a shield! and then there is the fact that no numbers are associated with shield, like how much would a Paladin be able to block with it? 3 to 4 damage? 1 to 2? 9 - 10?? See my point yet? A class is not meant for the use of one ability or one purpose, they should all be diversified. And to be completely honest, tell me, how many of you would sacrifice damage for a bit of extra defense ? not much. That was only the beginning too! can only a level 30 use shields to their full extent? That's like saying only a 30 year old can buy a car and use it, should be moved to say level 5 and improves every level.

Layhands... i cant even begin with this skill... why does it heal full hp? that turns tides yes but no class can or should be able to do that, at all. Disc has reborn but thats not even full health. Layhand's cooldown is also way too high ( talking if the healing stats were changed) because what if it heals half health and it does it in 7 minutes again. Is it supposed to do that, where you are winning and he is in full condition? Im sorry but not even a really nurse could heal you that fast in the middle of battle, it makes more sense to have it heal half life, because its like gaining sudden good morale, and assume a better shape then you where before, why not make it heal 50 instead? An even better solution!

Pardon the continuous rants but Pray. No really pray, the skill itself, is almost like shield, an absolute joke. Paladins can be healers, but to have pray on such stats is unbelievable ! last i checked its a 2.9 second warm up.... why not 2 seconds? and it costs 40 mana... whats max mana? 100? well it looks like you just wasted some, on a skill that barely serves you any purpose other than the temporary hope in your self "oh pray will let me heal in battle and beat the enemy!" No where do you get such foolish ideas if you would ever think that as a pally? Pray is a skill mainly used after battle, but IMO it should be replaced with bandage on a 2 sec warm up and 3 sec cool down, healing 15 hp with 15 mana cost. because no one will use their mana and this jumps back to me saying where is the diversity? Bandage would serve pally more usefully, because its a bandage. apply it in battle quickly get up and fight! not sit and pray slowly taking up your energy

Last but not least, Paladin is a defensive class, and it has close hp to the DK which is mainly offensive, and see that's not supposed to be at all. A paladin is meant to "stay vigilant through out the battle" and it has 132 hp max. Why cant it be 140? make it 18 more than DK for that extra edge in attempt to balance it. The class is not meant to die easily to any class, but is supposed to put up a good defense like a brick wall, Heck give it another piece of diamond armor. leggins or helmet, but thin is, it would die a bit too easy if it was up against say maybe even 2 thieves or 2 ninjas or even 2 of any class. I am not saying that the pally needs to be able to 2v1 people and win, im saying the battle would need to last more than a minute, even with 2 people.
thank you for your time in this matter
Regardless of your choice i will play HC as long as i can
Archmage_lloyd

cschris

Wood
I agree with this, but the sad thing is, Pallys are getting nerfed along with dks soon.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
No they most likely aren't .... a paladin nerf... would be one of the things that makes no moral sense what so ever. Tell me something: as playing a paladin, did you kill stuff well OR survived a 2v1 battle for more than 2 minutes?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Paladins are the tanks of Herocraft - they have the highest mitigation of anyone, bar none - if you are going in naked or not using your abilities (Shield / etc) then you are playing the class entirely wrong.

Do some things need mana adjustments? SURE.
The popularity of a class does not equal the ability of that class to outperform another.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
No they most likely aren't .... a paladin nerf... would be one of the things that makes no moral sense what so ever. Tell me something: as playing a paladin, did you kill stuff well OR survived a 2v1 battle for more than 2 minutes?
Yes I have seen Draconis survive 3v1 fights for a good 2-3 minutes and occasionally win a few. Paladins can currently have around 70% damage mitigation against melee attacks making most melee classes do around 1-3 damage per hit.

arcanegrove

Obsidian

Yes, acualy I have. While I agree on most, I do not think paladins should get bandage. My reason behind this is : Pray is actually a great skill in battle. Sure the mana cost can be lowered a bit but SHOULD not be replaced by bandage. Giving paladins bandages is like ... Giving cleric 20 DMG on smite. They would be invincible, while giving them decent DMG. If pray is used with shield( meaning youre using shield) you can heal you self as long as you like. Also, insteAd of giving shield More DMG on hit, why not make a skill that gos with shield, example:

Shield bash: 15dmg, 3 sec WU, 15sec CD, and silences for 3 secs.

Something like this would be better then giving paladins more then 1 DMG on there DMG reducing shield. They only get 5dmg with dia sword, why give themmore hen 1 DMG on shields? It would make very OP.

Besides that pray needs to be a little more effective, and maby 1 more DMG sKill, paladins ar in a good Place.

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Bandage would make them too strong in my opinion, pray has a 15 second cd I believe and heals for 25, so you can heal for 105 versus the 25

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Yes yes i agree, i may have been over reactive, could have been replying at 3 in the morning...

But still Why do you focus on that? I sincerely doubt it will be getting a nerf. and tell me danda, Did draconis fight 3 fully speced/mastered people at once? and possibly won ? im sorry im a bit skeptical seeing as the Mass of abilities coming at him. but then again im human and i can be wrong. so anyways, Yeah those were my thoughts
============================================
Yes bandage idea was bad. again this was night time 3 am... Again i'm saying its not a must, i was merely providing a Skill idea/replacement, looking back at it i was wrong on that, but ray needs a bit lower mana cost IMO
============================================
Kainzo the thing is, If you are completely naked only using shield.... well it may have a nice difference against mobs, and good luck with players. but no one would play the class like that. And to be honest here if they have such high mitigation then remove shield completely or change it! It makes no sense to do 1 damage in battle using a shield, and making it last who knows how long. So why have it then? Can you explain that to me? because it sure as heck doesn't give a player an option. they are obviously going to take offense over defense if they get a small chance, but thats why im saying allow shields to do something other than take up an inventory slot. heck i couldn't care if you made it passive if you had one in your inventory but the point is, is that it serves no menial purpose, Arcane, did you use shields in your 3v1's or 2v1's ? I again am skeptical.

And the popularity of the class is not so good, and In all honesty you are right, but the class needs some changes and i think every may agree with me there

Mana adjustments, up for em! but yeah like i said, the class needs a bit of tweaking IMO and i think others may agree

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Either way when I say nerf I don't mean a giant slap with the nerf stick I mean a few slight reductions to the amount of damage mitigation some of their skills do. We are also discussing other things but no one asked about that :p

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
I would gladly like to know :D allota classses getting nerfs these days. could be good to get a heads up now and then :D

jbird112233

Legacy Supporter 7
I used to pvp lots with paladin. I personally feel they are fine where they stand. Pray should stay on paladin it is an extremely good skill in the middle of combat (if you know how to use it aka knocking you enemy away and praying, or use invlun then pray.) Also layhands should be kept where it is, it give the paladins the capability to tank better then any class. A paladin with total hp = around 130 + layhands is 260 + getting a good pray is 275 + and if you use potions its a good 390 HP plus armor.

Glent

Glowing Redstone
I do agree w/ replacing pray w/ bandage.

Replacing Paladin's pray with bandage would just be a formality - because their pray is already heavily modified, we can expect any bandage they receive to be similarly modified, and would probably accomplish the same thing as their current pray.