• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Paladins, Burst Vs. Healing

A

alexhoff1

Short and sweet was the objective of this suggestion.

Paladins - need a change.
Armor - diamond body + legs, iron boots + helm.
Burst output - 5 heart 1 target burst. (bash strike reckoning + 2+ sword hits)
Healing ability - Layhands - full heal. Pray - 250 heal, can be used.. 8 time on 1 1/2 mana bar ?
Crowd Control - Reckoning - 75 damage EXTREMELY glitchy, "stun" makes target unable to move for 3 seconds, alowing insane burst to be dealt. Most as magic damage, some as sword.

I don't know about you, but this is wrong.

No skill paladins, can simply burst a wizard down (the best burst class to defeat an armored opponent) unless played at maximum ability and location.
Roughly 3/5 times that the location doesn't truly matter.
Reckoning has a "8 block range" and a "Warmup" - A. Warmup, no Slow effect added. B. 8 block range actually is about 12 blocks, due to the lag on the server.

All I am asking for is a reduction on burst damage or healing ability.
I get it, paladin is supposed to be a tanky as hell player.
What I don't get, is how a class that can win 1v5s, maybe 1v6s at best, CAN NOT defeat a paladin on the same account?

I mean truly, a full heal well they have like 900 hp, is just too much. That's another 70% mana to counter, probably using the best skills (fireball 7x over.)
Pray, can be used right after, heals 250, which is a wizards main burst of Fireball and Icebolt.
The reckoning from paladins is NEVER broken, and FREEZES the target in place.

It's just too much damage, or too much healing.
Please take this suggestion seriously,
MANA issues are not the problem here. It's just a cover message, so do not post if that is your complaint please.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Paladins - need a change.
Glad you could make it to that conclusion..everyone else arrived at it a long time ago.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the sarcasm. I think paladins are already being considered for a rework atm, and if not I hope they are because they are......(wont say the word, even if it is two letters).

pandaman7

Legacy Supporter 3

Alexhoff is basing this off of ONE fight. Apparently Paladin is over powered because it can win a 1v1 against a wizard while fighting in water. This is not really a suggestive post, it is a complaint because of frustration.

You bring up the point of healing. Healing is a 'key' component to the class. Paladin has had Layhands for how long?Since the class came out? Healing and reckoning require lots of mana usage. Unlike wizard, we don't have a skill to replenish or gain our mana back. Conviction itself is 52 mana, and Layhands is 20. If all of a sudden the paladin overuses their skills they will not be able to Layhands or heal. Paldadins run out of mana fairly quickly, which requires skill and also provides balance in group fights and 1v1's.

Reckoning is not a perfected skill yet. The pull does not work properly, and the damage is very minimal. It is one of the lowest damaging and lowest slowing AoE's in the game. Melodic binding, Despair, and Terror for example do a lot more damage and disrupt vision/movement for a lot longer than reckoning.

Reckoning does not freeze you in place. Divine Stun is the skill that does that. Divine Stun is a hard skill to get off in a fight, because you need to stop hitting your opponent for a good warm up time to get the skill off.

Like LightingCape has said, Paladin is undergoing several changes. They will be changed into a 'utility' player for parties etc. So expect changes anyway, for it is not a finished project yet. But to suggest that a Paladin should get rid of Layhands or make it heal half health is ridiculous. It has a 15 minute cooldown and is used in combat once per fight. It has always been a key skill for the class, and it should not be changed.

A

alexhoff1

A. I'm basing this off of several fights, I only did it after yours since you seem to know problems with the skill reckoning, considering you spammed it until I was in range the whole fight. in addition, I am not the only one who thinks this class is way too powerful when comparing their damage output, and healing abilities.

B. I didn't see any paladin have "mana problems" when they used reckoning 4x, bash 3x, strike 2-3x, pray 4x, and layhands once in a fight. Theres a reason that I said don't say you have "mana issues" because it is a dead arguement.

C. I like how you point out how it is the "...lowest damaging and lowest slowing AoE's in tha game."
Let's compare.
Pulse - more damage, no slow, slows caster for 1.5 seconds usually.
Megabolt - More damage - slows caster, has to be aimed.
Melodic binding - Agreed, it's more in all.
Despair / Terror - not enough info on these, but I know these do not have a pull towards caster or a long slow attatched.
Pigbomb - more damage, takes a while to cast however.
Healing AoE's - ofc. not included.
Extra AoE's - If they are not listed, they are not commonly used, or they are just terrible.

In the end of this arguement, They have a low damaging AoE, I agree. However... most AoE's aren't slowing, most just hit the target back a few blocks.

D. Reckoning does freeze you in place, it's just an AoE root/freeze without the ability to break it, unlike most of the other freezing skills in the game (melodic bindings).

E. I never suggested that heavy of a nerf on healing. That was someone elses opinion on the class. Also, layhands and pray seem to be the "bread and butter" of the class, as the way you put it. Cooldowns could be a hard thing to deal with, but the skill "pray" pops out in particular.
What combo can do 250 damage ? fireball + icebolt - mana cast 20-30 depending on levels.
Pray - counters that with a 8 second cooldown (roughly) which makes the paladin full hp again, and can not be stopped.
Now, when a paladin runs out of time to use pray, they use layhands. Layhands brings the fight back where they were both depleted, and now the paladin only lacks mana. As to where the combatant is lacking mana hp and probably reagents.

For this arguement my point is that they can be used too quickly, in combination with the other skills they have.
Pretty much a paladins game plan at this point is one of two things- 1. Drain their targets resources. 2. Pull of a reckoning and start bashing their opponent down.

Also, defend your class as you wish. but you're the only one I see doing so currently.

Glad you could make it to that conclusion..everyone else arrived at it a long time ago.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the sarcasm. I think paladins are already being considered for a rework atm, and if not I hope they are because they are......(wont say the word, even if it is two letters).

I've had this conclusion for a long time. I'm just expressing it in words, now that I know why they are soo.. yeah.

JDFinal

Legacy Supporter 5
B. I didn't see any paladin have "mana problems" when they used reckoning 4x, bash 3x, strike 2-3x, pray 4x, and layhands once in a fight. Theres a reason that I said don't say you have "mana issues" because it is a dead arguement.

Bash and strike don't use Mana -.-.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
I suggest you go and read the wiki, learn the actual numbers before you go about like that.

Reckoning has 20s(might be 15) cooldown, you can use bash once every 8ish seconds, forget about strike. Using pray 4 times in a battle + layhands, reckoning and divine strike? Phahah.

A

alexhoff1

I suggest you go and read the wiki, learn the actual numbers before you go about like that.

Reckoning has 15s cooldown, you can use bash once every 8ish seconds, forget about strike. Using pray 4 times in a battle + layhands, reckoning and divine strike? Phahah.

it's happened.

Reckoning has 20s(might be 15) cooldown, you can use bash once every 8ish seconds, forget about strike. Using pray 4 times in a battle + layhands, reckoning and divine strike? Phahah.
bash has a 4 second cooldown. stike has a 6 second cool down you can use pray once every 10 seconds or so with stam and mana regening reckoning is so op why wouldnt you use it. and divine strike... dont get me started.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
bash has a 4 second cooldown. stike has a 6 second cool down you can use pray once every 10 seconds or so with stam and mana regening reckoning is so op why wouldnt you use it. and divine strike... dont get me started.
Your grammar... It burns..

Your arguments are also flawed, where did you get this from.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Your grammar... It burns..

Your arguments are also flawed, where did you get this from.

Your lack of punctuation, it burns. Please don't bash people for poor grammar when you clearly are not an expert in the matter yourself. Also, I'm going to let you in on a little secret... The wiki isn't updated, shhhhh. Stop telling people to study the wiki when the numbers there are only loosely based on what occurs in-game.

pandaman7

Legacy Supporter 3

Pray has a cooldown of 14 seconds.

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Your lack of punctuation, it burns. Please don't bash people for poor grammar when you clearly are not an expert in the matter yourself. Also, I'm going to let you in on a little secret... The wiki isn't updated, shhhhh. Stop telling people to study the wiki when the numbers there are only loosely based on what occurs in-game.
Because obviously the wiki gives a better idea than what he's making up in his head.
....................................... Is this enough punctuation for ya, or do you need more..............

BigguthDickuth

Soulsand
Alexhoff is basing this off of ONE fight. Apparently Paladin is over powered because it can win a 1v1 against a wizard while fighting in water.

Don't mean to revive old threads. But I just thought I'd point out;

100% ranged class can't win a 1v1 against a melee class in water? And no need for any fix?

Da fuq did I just read?

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
Knowing alex, I would guess he based this off a fight he lost, And I disagree. Paladins are tanks and honestly compare them to other classes such as samurai or dreadknight.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
X range is actual Y because of lag. <-- this will never be taken seriously and is "unfixable" by your terms, so don't even bring it up.

Use less subjective terms, more objective terms.
"This is wrong..." "insane dmg" "no skill X can beat Y"

Just some helpful changes you should make if you do want to be taken seriously on suggestion stuff.