• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Paladins and revamps

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
I'll start by saying that the only suggestion that I have is stop being retarded with your revamps and reworks.

It is not hard to understand that if you buff an already strong class you end up with something that is not fair to the majority of people. Justifying creating an obviously overly powerful class by saying "were not done reworking yet" is just bullshit. If you aren't done reworking it then finish the rework before adding in buffs. Stop fucking buffing things that are already considered OP. If you are going to rework through a series of buffs and nerfs to various areas then at least look at the class in its current fucking state and decide if you will nerf or buff first.

In what world does it make sense to look at paladins, a class that wins 90% of 1v1s due to armor being broken in minecraft, and say "hey lets put the buffs in before the nerfs, I'm sure it will make pvp fair"

Also if you're too fucking lazy to look at a class in its current state it STILL makes more sense to nerf before buff because that ruins the experience of a small amount versus buffing which can ruin the experience of far more.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
I agree. Buffing them right now was not a good idea. Also the only hint of nerf I hear is just an hp nerf... from 6hp per level to 5.5. lol

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
I'll start by saying that the only suggestion that I have is stop being retarded with your revamps and reworks.

It is not hard to understand that if you buff an already strong class you end up with something that is not fair to the majority of people. Justifying creating an obviously overly powerful class by saying "were not done reworking yet" is just bullshit. If you aren't done reworking it then finish the rework before adding in buffs. Stop fucking buffing things that are already considered OP. If you are going to rework through a series of buffs and nerfs to various areas then at least look at the class in its current fucking state and decide if you will nerf or buff first.

In what world does it make sense to look at paladins, a class that wins 90% of 1v1s due to armor being broken in minecraft, and say "hey lets put the buffs in before the nerfs, I'm sure it will make pvp fair"

Also if you're too fucking lazy to look at a class in its current state it STILL makes more sense to nerf before buff because that ruins the experience of a small amount versus buffing which can ruin the experience of far more.
How do you know the revamps and the reworks are for a buff? Perhaps the new skills does 132478921374189273 to the user and nothing else (just an example)? I pretty sure @Kainzo has reasons...

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Diffuse, lets look at the difference in my approach vs. yours with suggestion posts. You don't get anywhere in life acting like a dick. I have yet to have an issue with paladins. IF you understood paladin, you wouldn't bitch about it. They are meant to take HUGE amounts of damage. yes this allows them to stay in a fight for much longer. BUT, they are not very mobile. "root" them and hit them with high damage skills. Your a caster, you shouldn't be within melee range of them anyways. SO your argument is null. Wait for them to finish revamp, THEN discuss the issues if any are present. Thanks and have a nice day.

Diffuse, lets look at the difference in my approach vs. yours with suggestion posts. You don't get anywhere in life acting like a dick. I have yet to have an issue with paladins. IF you understood paladin, you wouldn't bitch about it. They are meant to take HUGE amounts of damage. yes this allows them to stay in a fight for much longer. BUT, they are not very mobile. "root" them and hit them with high damage skills. Your a caster, you shouldn't be within melee range of them anyways. SO your argument is null. Wait for them to finish revamp, THEN discuss the issues if any are present. Thanks and have a nice day.
I agree, he should have taken more.... gentle approaches to this topic. I completely agree with him full on though. Understandably the paladin class is being reworked, because just a small change in numbers can cause him to go from beast to fly, they should've waited a bit to release such a change in skills though. And technically you're attacking him too, calling him a dick....

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
1. The reason I sounded like a massive dick in my post is because I made it in anger due to the fact that if anyone voices their opinion and Kainzo doesn't like it they promptly receive a mute with no warning.

The conversation that went on previously was somewhat like "its retarded to not wait til the revamp is fully done before adding stuff" "the revamp isnt done yet, stop complaining" "you broke a class horribly and justify it with 'were not done?', thats no real justification at all" then 10 random idiots i dont care to remember "blah blah kainzo is always right" then "your justification is flawed, you do NOT release part of a revamp without thinking about what it will do to the current scene, it makes no sense at all" "were not done, you dont even know what were going to do with the finished product" "that is still no argument at all" "im just gonna mute this kid"

2. My class has 3 damage spells and 1 root that doesn't work half the time. With cooldowns it will take a solid 20 seconds to kill a paladin ASSUMING I hit every single skill (almost never happens even for the best of us) and also assuming the paladin never heals. Also if you have ever tried being a ranged class 90% of the time the enemy will get at least 1 hit in on you, theres not a ton you can do to avoid it unless you are in perfect conditions (Wide open desert that stretches 500 blocks). The problem is that with the recent changes a paladin seems to kill me as fast as you do as a ninja except I can't do anything about it if they get within like 5 blocks of me due to having 2 new lockdown abilities. If I run into a single bump and get hit one time I'm done. I can't even begin to imagine the hell that melee classes must go through to fight a paladin these days.

3. Paladins are meant to take HUGE amounts of damage. The problem is that they seem to want to shift the balance towards being more group players while dealing moderate damage and having less survivability than they have had in the past. The reason this is a problem is that they have added more of the damage and group abilities while not touching the ability to take HUGE amounts of damage.

4. There is a reason that in 100% of the games other than herocraft I've played where balance in a pvp setting matters that they never release PART of a revamp. They always wait until the entire thing is ready because releasing it in portions causes massive imbalances.

Typed at 3 AM in the morning and I'm tired as fuck so there probably are errors in spelling, grammar, memories, judgement or whatever.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
1. The reason I sounded like a massive dick in my post is because I made it in anger due to the fact that if anyone voices their opinion and Kainzo doesn't like it they promptly receive a mute with no warning.

The conversation that went on previously was somewhat like "its retarded to not wait til the revamp is fully done before adding stuff" "the revamp isnt done yet, stop complaining" "you broke a class horribly and justify it with 'were not done?', thats no real justification at all" then 10 random idiots i dont care to remember "blah blah kainzo is always right" then "your justification is flawed, you do NOT release part of a revamp without thinking about what it will do to the current scene, it makes no sense at all" "were not done, you dont even know what were going to do with the finished product" "that is still no argument at all" "im just gonna mute this kid"

2. My class has 3 damage spells and 1 root that doesn't work half the time. With cooldowns it will take a solid 20 seconds to kill a paladin ASSUMING I hit every single skill (almost never happens even for the best of us) and also assuming the paladin never heals. Also if you have ever tried being a ranged class 90% of the time the enemy will get at least 1 hit in on you, theres not a ton you can do to avoid it unless you are in perfect conditions (Wide open desert that stretches 500 blocks). The problem is that with the recent changes a paladin seems to kill me as fast as you do as a ninja except I can't do anything about it if they get within like 5 blocks of me due to having 2 new lockdown abilities. If I run into a single bump and get hit one time I'm done. I can't even begin to imagine the hell that melee classes must go through to fight a paladin these days.

3. Paladins are meant to take HUGE amounts of damage. The problem is that they seem to want to shift the balance towards being more group players while dealing moderate damage and having less survivability than they have had in the past. The reason this is a problem is that they have added more of the damage and group abilities while not touching the ability to take HUGE amounts of damage.

4. There is a reason that in 100% of the games other than herocraft I've played where balance in a pvp setting matters that they never release PART of a revamp. They always wait until the entire thing is ready because releasing it in portions causes massive imbalances.

Typed at 3 AM in the morning and I'm tired as fuck so there probably are errors in spelling, grammar, memories, judgement or whatever.
Diffuse I will sell you potions of swiftness II for cheap if that will help you escape paladins.