• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Paladins and Pray

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
You do realize 2 1/2 hearts is 1/4 of someones health? If you can heal your health by 1/4 and there is no way of stopping it then yeah I think its op.... And can you read? I was wondering if it uses mana when interrupted. Ofc it uses mana.... Please read before you reply[DOUBLEPOST=1346895485,1346895334][/DOUBLEPOST]Guys get the fuck out if you arnt gonna add anything to the conversation about Pray being OP @Aburido, @Kwong,@Eagles....
Use bash. Use curse. Use harmtouch. Use empathy. Use disarm. Use common sense.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
Baha "Go disarm and Curse a pally...." Okay.... I do all that but My empathy gets healed right up with a pray and harmtouch is good but they can just layhands... Honsetly...

Aburido_burrito

Legacy Supporter 4
Baha "Go disarm and Curse a pally...." Okay.... I do all that but My empathy gets healed right up with a pray and harmtouch is good but they can just layhands... Honsetly...
Layhands is a situational skill, if it is a 1v1 and they use it then you technically win but in the wild it's usually all game since it is a skill in the game.

codec1

Legacy Supporter 3
I'd say you really just have no idea on how to fight a paladin, no need to cry foul just get better. Listen to the advice people are giving you and make new tactics instead of shutting ur ears and saying LALALA LALA.

To put it simply you wont stop a paladin from healing in 1 v 1 unless hes bad and you shouldnt be able to as its a core part of the class. If you were noting whats going on with your opponent youd notice that the casttime is increased as you hit him, combining that with good bashing/skill use and you can pretty much negate the gains and have time to pull off some moves between the cd. Now if the paladin has a knockback sword and hinders the hell outta you... yeah you likely wont get the chance to kill him but he sure as heck isnt gonna be killing you. DKs have some pretty nasty moves that are devastating when used at the right time, fight some pallies and focus on reading the fight (not like its gonna be ending very fast anyways) and ull see opportunity.

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
I do know how to fight a paladin. Its just not as easy as pressing a bind to soulleech. When they heal they heal A QUARTER of their health. I have never seen a Dk beat a paladin. Even the best Dks. Yes it does have a high mana cost and such but if I decay them or soulleech them then I am doing damage to myself. So that is pretty difficult... I just dont think healing a quarter of your health with ease is so fair... I am not saying that taking it away from them is fair. It just needs a higher mana cost or heals less. Once I pull off all those moves during prays cd and I waste all my mana I likely do half health (without harmtouch cause if I am 1v1ing it is usually banned) He then heals up. I repeat and I am out of mana. He is now full health and free to keep on healing up as I am out of mana....

codec1

Legacy Supporter 3
I was gonna make an elaborate post about the pros and cons of paladin combat but nah, long winded posts tend to fall on deaf ears.

The world doesnt revolve around DKs being able to kill people, period. Even if some way some how DKs just couldn't manage to muster the strength to kill a paladin ( <--- lol to that) they can kill pretty much anything else most of the time. DKs are easily one of the most powerful PvP classes and have alot of options in the way of potential strategy as well as time (Huge hp, Huge armor, slow, and hindering) to carry out whatever they plan to do. Paladins cant even catch people who decide to say F that and walk the other way or even worse a kiting mage with a knockback sword that can play his class. The heal is for more than just fighting DKs, its for the various situations that pop up while fighting the many classes we have here on Herocraft. I can tell you'd have to play a paladin to understand how they work tbh so i'm not gonna go into much detail. Paladin is fine (abit lacking in some minor areas imo) for the most part, you really should just try varied approaches or simply not 1 v 1 paladins.

DKs have killed paladins and paladins have killed DKs. It may not be easy to do for either party but everything isnt meant to be easy.