• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Paladin

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I understand that we are supposed to be sticking to healers but Warriors are also a priority.

Just throwing some numbers out here:
  • Melee Damage (most Paladins have their strength somewhere around 15 and 20)
    • 15 strength: 52.75
    • 20 strength: 54.5
  • Strike
    • 15 strength: 50 base damage, 44 DOT (94 damage total)
    • 20 strength: 55 base damage, 54 DOT (109 damage total)
  • Absolution (your base wisdom is 5)
    • 5 wisdom: 174.38
    • 15 wisdom: 203.12
I personally feel that Paladin's main issues right now are its damage output, the spammability of DivineStun, and simply its survivability.
  • DivineStun (duration and scaling stay the same)
    • Cooldown: 20s -> 45s
  • Strike
    • DOT scaling: 2 -> 0.5
  • Absolution
    • Healing: 160 -> 140
    • Scaling: 2.875 -> 2.5
The new numbers:
  • Strike
    • 15 strength: 50 base damage, 21.5 DOT (71.5 total damage)
    • 20 strength: 55 base damage, 24 DOT damage (79 total damage)
  • Absolution
    • 5 wisdom: 152.5
    • 15 wisdom: 177.5

@Balance Team. We get tagged a lot but people will often miss a thread or important post if they are not tagged.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I'm all for these changes, and these are what players have been asking for for a while

Ruger392

Obsidian
Like the changes you've made so far only thing i'd tweak with it is the Strike dot scaling from 0.5 to 1.0

Glacial_Reign

Portal
Will it at least be fixed? The warming up skills while on the horse is awful and gives that player an unfair advantage. That's the problem I have with it. It should dismount when you first use a skill at least. @Kainzo

Plus Paladin's true weakness should be speed since they do wear the most armor in game but giving them a horse gives them no weakness at all. I understand were nerfing the class but it still needs one true constant weakness.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Will it at least be fixed? The warming up skills while on the horse is awful and gives that player an unfair advantage. That's the problem I have with it. It should dismount when you first use a skill at least. @Kainzo

Plus Paladin's true weakness should be speed since they do wear the most armor in game but giving them a horse gives them no weakness at all. I understand were nerfing the class but it still needs one true constant weakness.
@TheYeti / @Coders - is it possible to change the above?

Ruger392

Obsidian

I agree with this completely! It literately doesn't make any sense making the class with the most armor, the 1st or second most mobile class! www

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
if global CD > 0 = dismount?
Obviously the code is not right, but perhaps the same dismount on combat code could be toggled on a global cd check?
That'd be wasteful, you'd be constantly checking a number for no reason.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
A few changes I could see working for paladin.

• Shield reflect- Cooldown, 16 seconds -> 25 seconds. A wizard can simply not get off a bolt without it being shield reflected. This goes for many warmup skills that have a longer or similar cooldown to shield reflect.
  • Taunt- Staminia 250 -> 200/150. Taunt is a good aoe support skill and should be used more as we want it to paladin to be more support.