• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Paladin

Orangedude345

Legacy Supporter 3
Paladins can currently reflect all damage for 3 seconds and 10 mana with only a 6 second cool down after. Although I realize they have to take the damage as well, it seems a bit excessive considering they can just heal it off. If they use it during a wizard's burst or as a plague bomb is flying, it can be devastating to the caster. Perhaps we should increase the cooldown or mana cost?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Paladins can currently reflect all damage for 3 seconds and 10 mana with only a 6 second cool down after. Although I realize they have to take the damage as well, it seems a bit excessive considering they can just heal it off. If they use it during a wizard's burst or as a plague bomb is flying, it can be devastating to the caster. Perhaps we should increase the cooldown or mana cost?
Or both... 25 mana and 15 seconds CD sounds better to me. ;)

macura

Diamond
Or both... 25 mana and 15 seconds CD sounds better to me. ;)
I think 25 mana is a little too steep, maybe 15s cd and 20 mana.

Sidenote: Would it be possible to code for disarm taking away the ability to hold doors, because paladins can still do damage with their door and take less damage when holding the door to the point where it is not much worse so just smack people with the door.

22 damage with the door, the armor reduction when holding the door against a mob (with no armor) was 52%.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
There seems to have been quite a Paladin boom lately, and I have come to the conclusion that the class is far too strong in its current state.

A large portion of their strength is due to several bugs.

First off, their ability to deal insane amounts of armor piercing damage is an issue. This bug here is the cause: http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/melee-abilities-going-through-armor.36378/

Additionally, they can abuse shield reflect in a manner that lets them deal an insane amounts of burst. This bug here is the cause: http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/paladins-shieldreflect-not-requiring-a-door.36872/

However, even assuming these two bugs get fixed, I do not believe the class will be in the right place. Their melee damage is a tad higher than it should be, in comparison to how tanky they are.

I believe one of two things need to happen.

1. Remove Diamond Leggings and replace them with Iron. Gold Sword damage should be reduced by 3 at level 65.
2. Reduce Diamond sword damage at 65 to be about 3 damage lower. Gold sword damage should be reduced by 6 at 65.

(Taken from my Ninja post)

Here is a comparison of melee classes and their damages at level 65.

LVL 65 Samurai
Diamond - 93 damage​
Gold - 103 damage​
LVL 65 Runeblade
Diamond - 83 damage​
Gold - 94 damage​

LVL 65 Paladin
Diamond - 60 damage
Gold - 72 damage

LVL 65 Pyromancer
Diamond - 89 damage​
Gold - 94 damage​

LVL 65 DreadKnight
Diamond - 58 damage​
Gold - 70 damage​

LVL 65 Ninja
Diamond - 111 damage​
Gold - 132 damage​
Diamond Sword damage aside, the Paladin has a very generous increase in damage for Golden weapons. I do not believe that is very balanced, and thus, am suggesting it be lowered.

With my first proposed change, the new damage values for a Paladin at level 65 would be 60 damage with a Diamond Sword, and 69 damage with a Golden Sword.

With my second proposed change, the damage values for the Paladin at level 65 would be 57
damage with a diamond sword, and 66 with a Golden Sword.

I find that either of these changes will lead to a more balanced experience in comparison to the current live version of the Paladin.

What does the rest of the team think?