• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Overgrowth

What do you think of overgrowth?

• It's fine as it is

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Remove regant and icrease cost.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I wouldn't use it anyway.

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

richfish57

Legacy Supporter 6
Just a quick survey / poll on this. When overgrowth came out, I loved it. Was really useful but I can see it had some flaws. It mostly meant infinate trees to crafters. Then the requirement of seeds were needed to cast it.

Since it's a crafter skill, you can farm seeds along with trees, extra seeds allowing the use of overgrowth. But how is this better then bonemeal? This needs mana and has a cooldown so if you are buying supplies, bonemeal is far superior.

What I suggest is removing the need for seeds but give the spell a very slight tweak. Currently its 25% mana 10 sec cooldown. I would suggest 30-40% mana and a 15sec cooldown.

This brings the skill back to being a useful alternative to bonemeal which isnt so easily abused. There will be waiting between casts (10s allowed me to grow, cut down and then 1 or 2 sec left on cd so an extra 5 should balance it nicely) and casting it every time it was possible to did make my mana run out but not that easily. Even 5 or 10% icrease would make it a balanced skill without the need for seeds in my opinion.

Does anybody else agree? Maybe nobody else uses it, maybe people love it as it is. Would just be nice to see some more opinions on the skill and my suggestion

unknownloner

Coder
Legacy Supporter 7
Used by crafters, bonemeal requires killing skeletons which is a challenge for crafters. Getting seeds is as simple as have a fairly large wheat farm.