• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Outpost- Clarify Purpose

GoodGrief

Legacy Supporter 9
I recently tried to set up an outpost for my town. When I try it says that i am already part of another super region. I do know this. i thought outpost were for facilitating trade and military excursions between towns. This is what the wiki states, more or less. If i have to leave my town to set one up that kind of defeats the purpose. Don't you think?
So i guess my question is will this change, and if not what is the intended purpose of these super regions?

spiralz

Obsidian
Quoted from Alator on January 9 -

"Outposts/military bases have been re-purposed. They function essentially as Townships Lite. They have been designed to act as bases of operation/area control centers for independent groups/clans/mercenaries. They have their own power, taxes, and a few specialty structures, but none of the farms/factories/etc a full town has. The housing for both tiers is set at 15."

This does kind of break the ability for a town to siege another town, so I would expect some changes regarding outposts/sieging to happen at some point.

GoodGrief

Legacy Supporter 9
Quoted from Alator on January 9 -

"Outposts/military bases have been re-purposed. They function essentially as Townships Lite. They have been designed to act as bases of operation/area control centers for independent groups/clans/mercenaries. They have their own power, taxes, and a few specialty structures, but none of the farms/factories/etc a full town has. The housing for both tiers is set at 15."

This does kind of break the ability for a town to siege another town, so I would expect some changes regarding outposts/sieging to happen at some point.
I have poured over any and all posts, here on the forums and the wiki, that have to do with outposts. Including the one you re-posted. The information I have gleaned is inconsistent in most cases and flat out wrong in others.
I know there will always be bugs & balance isseus, and one must be patient when waiting for fixes. I'm just kinda hoping to get a more concise answer about the way these regions are intended to work in the future. So I may choose a game-play strategy. Can't play if you don't know the rules.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I'm just kinda hoping to get a more concise answer about the way these regions are intended to work in the future. So I may choose a game-play strategy. Can't play if you don't know the rules.

Absolutely. People like to know where they stand.

I apologize, the wiki has been out of date on Outposts and all defense / offence structures. I could defend myself, lol, but I'm just going to say instead that I'll get it up to date over the next 48 hours as best I can.

"As best I can" means it depends on my developing understanding.

I'm pretty sure, however, that Outposts and siege structures aren't working as intended in any case, so there will be more work to do after that.

GoodGrief

Legacy Supporter 9
Absolutely. People like to know where they stand.

I apologize, the wiki has been out of date on Outposts and all defense / offence structures. I could defend myself, lol, but I'm just going to say instead that I'll get it up to date over the next 48 hours as best I can.

"As best I can" means it depends on my developing understanding.

I'm pretty sure, however, that Outposts and siege structures aren't working as intended in any case, so there will be more work to do after that.
Thank you.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
@GoodGrief The info on the super-regions and regions is now up to date in the wiki.

HOWEVER:
  • I have not yet reviewed the Townships Guide in the wiki, so there will likely be out of date info in there.
  • Also, there are issues with the timing of ticks for many regions - these are currently being tested - so do not expect the timings noted in the wiki to be what happens ingame at this stage. (This affects siegecannons, hospitals, and farms/quarries/factories and so on.)