• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Optifine Is Now Banned

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3
The mod Optifine_HD is now banned (It was never technically allowed in the first place)
Fell free to post your opinions

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
I know MANY people who just turn up their brightness on their display. Turning off water? I never knew that was possible I thought you could just turn off water animation to help out your fps

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3
Also, opti"fine" is banned, not opti"mine", optimine does not include any of the features that make optifine banned

richfish57

Legacy Supporter 6
I was under the impression Optifine was just Optimine and Optifog merged. Am I wrong in this?

richfish57

Legacy Supporter 6
In that case, is optifog banned, or optimine? Or is it both? I don't use either but @Brutalacerate just said using both seperately is ok. Clarification would be a good idea.

Neo_Exdeath

Destroyer Of Worlds
Legacy Supporter 3
Optifine is technically optimine+optifog but they since they merged them they added the features that make optifine illegal. Also, optmine is still updated but I don't think there is a single optifog still up to date.

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
Idk, i think mine both work. And never had any choices of brightened screen, or zoom or anything like that with mine. So should be fine (guessing thats what made it illegal)

Fury

Iron
I had a chance to play around with optifine, it didn't do what i needed it to, but really? Banning an addon for what reason now? Why not just ban the use of clear water? Brightness can be increased by mods that are not related to minecraft, I used one when I played halo pc. As far as clear water and other effects, why the hell is that a problem? If the reason is "one player is given an advantage over another" that is completely based on there computer and player ability. This laptop has 1gb of ram, I have replaced the minecraft texture pack with a custom one , and played with fog, rain, and clouds to make them not appear.

I can almost understand banning minimaps, but whats the point? How can you even tell if someone is using it?
Banning an addon that increases fps by turning off some graphic effects, because it can make water clear, and increase brightness (which can be edited 19 other ways) it just silly. And if i understand texture packs correctly, water can be made almost clear in a custom texture pack.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
I can almost understand banning minimaps, but whats the point? How can you even tell if someone is using it?
Banning an addon that increases fps by turning off some graphic effects, because it can make water clear, and increase brightness (which can be edited 19 other ways) it just silly. And if i understand texture packs correctly, water can be made almost clear in a custom texture pack.
Rei's minimap is approved, but Zan's is not, because some of its latest features allow the player to do things like generate maps of caves and the like, which we don't want the players doing. And as I said in the post above yours, and Neo above that, Optimine is simply Optifine without all the addons that give players unfair advantages.

We come on Herocraft for a legitimate, challenging and undiluted Minecraft Survival experience. To everyone who comes here looking for a challenge: don't cheapen your experience by installing plugins that make the game easier or more user-friendly. If anyone (or their computer) can't handle these megabits, then I can suggest some alternatives less taxing on computer resources.

EDIT: Hmm, the forum hypertext breaks telnet links by adding http:// to the start... oh well. The URL works in your favourite remote shell client, like PuTTY. If you can't run that, then stop trying to install these games on your Speak-N-Spell ;)

Fury

Iron
Like I said, minimaps are pointless to me, I know how to use the F coord.

We come on Herocraft for a legitimate, undiluted Minecraft Survival experience. Don't cheapen your experience by installing plugins that make the game easier or more user-friendly. If anyone (or their computer) can't handle these megabits, then I can suggest some alternatives less taxing on computer resources.

I come on this game for a hardcore pvp experience, and most of the time i just see tier 1 crafter class's bitching because they cant kill someone, or kicking people out of our town because they somehow glitched in. And on the topic of " installing plugins that make the game easier or more user-friendly" sorry, no. People that make games easier are not fit for a hardcore pvp server. People will set up there ui so that they can execute skills with precision timing. Not pressing buttons while spamming right click, trying to combo skills and counting melee attack gcd's and mana regen ticks.

Next thing you know, there is going to be a cap on mouse sensitivity. because I can turn faster than you I have an advantage over you.