• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Optifine HD appears to be live for 1.7.2 (1.7.4 is in progress)...

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah for Herocraft purposes, the 1.7.2 install should work just fine...they have a few kinks to work out, but overall, it's been working fine for me.

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
I wasn't even aware that Forge was out for anything 1.7.2-4 :confused:

On a different note, I've been trying to get A6-9 and the Rei's Beta to work with 1.7.2 by putting them in the mods folder...but I haven't had any luck so far. =/

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
I wasn't even aware that Forge was out for anything 1.7.2-4 :confused:

On a different note, I've been trying to get A6-9 and the Rei's Beta to work with 1.7.2 by putting them in the mods folder...but I haven't had any luck so far. =/

I've found that the mods folder method usually only works with Forge.

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
How else would you recommend installing them? Every standalone mod that I ever tried always went in the mods folder. Or is this the case of having to edit the .jar for launching minecraft?

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
Well I got Optifine A7 and forge going...but how can I get Rei's going with it? Everytime I try applying it to the jar it breaks the launch and doesn't allow me to launch minecraft.

JazzDesignation

Legacy Supporter 8
Rei's is just a direct install into the jar at the moment.

Also - it's not much point in bothering to update, unless you need optifine as Macromod will not be getting a 1.7.2 release. Only a 1.7.3+ release.

MoeJunur

Staff member
Legacy Supporter 9
The easiest way right now is to download the OptiFine jar, and the rei's.
double click the Optifine jar to install it and it will make an Optifine profile.
close out minecraft and open the .minecraft folder and find the Versions folder, inside is a Optifine folder for this version, open the .jar and insert the rei's folder and the bah.class file and delete the Meta file.
close and start the minecraft launcher go to Optifine profile and click play, you now have the Optifine and Rei's map both working, if you have played prior to this version it should have picked up your old marker points.

Hope this helps!!! :)