• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

OPness of Enchanting

Spicycheez

Portal
Now that enchanting will come into herocraft, I have noticed that damage via enchanting can only be added to swords. This can make classes like Thief, Ninja, Samurai and Paladin extremely OP due to the fact that damage can be tripled. EpicPoodle said that as a thief, he can do ~36 damage PER hit with enchanted weapons. The same thing applies with the other sword wielding classes. Can you imagine a paladin doing 15 damage while still tanking hits?

I'm not saying to completely remove enchanting but I was hoping it could be tweaked somehow to make it balanced.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
Enchanting is pretty game breaking at the moment if you can get an enchanter who's willing to do it for you, the damage increases on stronger enchantments for swords are huge.

On the bad side of things, I remember Kain saying on the test server that he can't change permissions for specific enchantments, so for now it's either all of them or none of them. D:

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
Wouldn't this apply to potions as well? I mean a potion that instantly heals half your hearts seems OP to me.

But anyway, hopefully PvPing with enchants and high levels won't occur for a few more weeks so the coders can *possibly* work something out.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
From what I can see on the wiki, Potions can only be made by alchemists, and the reagents are far from easy to get, especially with the suicidal 300hp zombie pigmen in the Nether. So they're fine in my opinion, at least for the moment :p

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
From what I can see on the wiki, Potions can only be made by alchemists, and the reagents are far from easy to get, especially with the suicidal 300hp zombie pigmen in the Nether. So they're fine in my opinion, at least for the moment :p

Also, Alchemists are the only ones who can use the potions.

Shadownub

ICE ICE ICE!
Legacy Supporter 3
Hmmm that seems a bit off. I'd prefer Alchemists to be the only ones to be able to make the potions but not the only ones able to use them. It would make them have a lot more economical value and would stop Alchemy from being used as a PvP advantage, because some of the better potions are rather powerful. Just my 2 cents.

Also, Alchemists are the only ones who can use the potions.

iHazBryn

Legacy Supporter 2
While the comon player can walk around,The rich of the server can get speed potions and sprint around. :)

Maybe we can have our own occupy movment, occupy north road! We are the 99 percent!!