• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Online Map

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
Personally, I do not like dynmaps. They remove the incentive for exploration, and make discovering other people's hidey-holes too easy. Especially with the cave maps. Even without cave maps, it is like having real time satellite imagery.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Personally, I do not like dynmaps. They remove the incentive for exploration, and make discovering other people's hidey-holes too easy. Especially with the cave maps. Even without cave maps, it is like having real time satellite imagery.
agreed

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
I think it's cool to see the progress you've made on the town, and see the work you've done, it makes it feel more epic

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I agree with what northeaster said, it's also nice if you want to find a specific biome quickly for example, or look at the progress on other towns, as well as your own.

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
Jonsoon: Instead of just mashing the "disagree" button, why not contribute to the discussion?

For example, what is it that you really like about the dynmap?

Or, how would you address the concerns about the dynmap that others have raised?

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Jonsoon: Instead of just mashing the "disagree" button, why not contribute to the discussion?

Or, how would you address the concerns about the dynmap that others have raised?
I disagreed with your post. That is my contribution.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8

A lot of the concerns people have raised were not relevant to the dynmap in its previous form, which had no player tracking, no cave finder, and was not updated that frequently (maybe once every few weeks)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
A lot of the concerns people have raised were not relevant to the dynmap in its previous form, which had no player tracking, no cave finder, and was not updated that frequently (maybe once every few weeks)
Actually the previous one was updated frequently but was not updated in real time.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
We never had one that did that but it updated every few hours or so.

I swear we did. I recall in both Zeal and Dragon that happened. Like, I placed a block, checked the map, and the block was now there.

Anyway, what ever happened to the one which updated every hour? :(

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I swear we did. I recall in both Zeal and Dragon that happened. Like, I placed a block, checked the map, and the block was now there.

Anyway, what ever happened to the one which updated every hour? :(
Was either generating lag issues or broke I don't remember which. Most likely the first.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
If we could at least get one that updated every few days or once a week,that would be swell. It is very gratifying to see what you have , and helpful to see where to explore.

WoleverEntun

Legacy Supporter 3
I'd even like to have an old version of the map up right now, just to get myself straight when I'm lost or searching for a certain area.

Aundora

Legacy Supporter 8
I like the maps because I feel like a Russian spy looking at satellite imagery of area 51... :cool: