• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug (once again) No deatchest after getting killed

Junarcel

Legacy Supporter 3
This is the second time that this has appened to me, and I'm quite disappointed it did.

In my pe I was told to take this to bug reports.

So, I was in a dungeon afk when I got killed for my bounty by Niggynog, He left the items that dropped there so I could pick them back up when I arrived at the dungeon again.
Though, when I came to right click my deatch chest, I didnt see it. I asked niggynog if he saw it drop and he didn't.
the only items that were there were the ones in my backpack, which ofcourse, dropped on death.
there was however, no death chest at the spot I died, I think because it was a 1x1 hole with vines in it, so there was no room for it to spawn.
I spammed /tomblist but it told me I had no cenotaphs, I went to the bathroom and cried there for a little, then came back to write this thread. once again, I had a lot of valueble items with me, and those are all gone now. (a sharp 11, unbr 9 axe for example)

Niggynog saw everything that happened. He can confirm t that the chest didnt appear, I would've made a screenshot of the spot, but I rushed my way there so that my "chest" wouldnt break. I didnt use /tomblist because I knew exactly where I died. Once I came back to stumble upon some backpack items, but no chest, I spammed the command untill I was sure it didnt spawn..

I really hope you guys can do something about this, because it really gives a messed up feeling, losing the items you once again, worked hard for over this type of thing.

Thanks,
Junarcel

Last edited:

LarryDeCable

Max Legacy Supporter
Its happened to me before (twice) and I lost a ton in souls. They don't reimburse items sadly, I hope somehow this is fixed.

whitayy

Soulsand
I can agree that this did happen if it makes a difference that i saw, again I'm very sorry @Junarcel that this happened hope you accept my apology

Mischevity

Legacy Supporter 8
Note to everyone: If you die in a hole with vines, the chest will not spawn, if you die on any kind of slab, the chest will not spawn either. Same with dying on grass (The tall grass stuff not the block). So uhh... just don't die in those places

JacobBurkey

Portal
I don't know why you're complaining, it's your own fault. It's not a bug at all, it's like with the last death chests, they don't spawn in certain places. qq

Junarcel

Legacy Supporter 3
I don't know why you're complaining, it's your own fault. It's not a bug at all, it's like with the last death chests, they don't spawn in certain places. qq

Dont think you read it well enough, im not saying it wasnt my fault now was I? Im just asking if anything can be done about it. for example, your items just drop on the ground instead of disappearing. So I would still have a chance of retrieving them, same goes for any other players experiencing this kind of issue.

(Edit: you're right about the bug part, perhaps I should put a similar post on suggestions. I'd like to be able to retrieve my items on death.)

Last edited:

JacobBurkey

Portal
Dont think you read it well enough, im not saying it wasnt my fault now was I? Im just asking if anything can be done about it. for example, your items just drop on the ground instead of disappearing. So I would still have a chance of retrieving them, same goes for any other players experiencing this kind of issue.

(Edit: you're right about the bug part, perhaps I should put a similar post on suggestions. I'd like to be able to retrieve my items on death.)
Didn't see you say they disappeared, if your items weren't there it's because they naturally despawned like any other items then.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Didn't see you say they disappeared, if your items weren't there it's because they naturally despawned like any other items then.
Not always true.
I died right next to my recall and by the time I recalled (Maybe 1 minute at most) all of it was gone.