• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Once again classes need to be fixed.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Cool! Bloodmage was worked on and redone lets see how it is bull**** to every other class on the server......

Bloodmage came from the weakest class to probably the most Over Powered class in under a month.... Even better it is under the healer tree.

Bloodmage has the name the "combatant healer" it can heal and do a pretty decent amount of damage. During the recent revamp bloodmage got constrict and silence removed but they got some pretty sweet skills in return.

The new BloodUnion system which includes a revamped BloodBoil and a skill called Thickenblood which drains almost all of a warriors stamina in literally seconds. Bloodmages Heals were also affected by the BloodUnion system making the class insane.

BloodBoil after 3 blood unions you get a 220 damage AOE after 100 damage it applies as a dot which can be interrupted if you have the right tools to do so. Now why in the world would a healer class get a 220 damage AOE and a skill that can drain all of a warriors stamina in the blink of an eye? 220 damage is an easy quarter to rogues and caster classes.

That being said if the bloodmage wants to heal they can do that VERY effectively also hey I got my boilblood off lets siphonblood and combust for a bit regain my bloodunions and woah my friend is low who is getting targeted lets give him 30% of his health back plus the bloodbond my friend will be up and handy-dandy in no time and I can just infusion him and take off his bleeding.

Low on mana? Not a problem transfuse and get 30 mana back then siphonblood to get 110% of 94 dark damage dealt. So I just gained a bit of health and got 30 mana back sweet lets continue at it.
--------------------------

Bloodmage in its current state if you healed or not in a fight is an insane class and it really really needs to see some changes before another revamp in 2 weeks. It is a step under Zo with cooldowns. It can heal a ton and do a ton of damage.

So please lower boilblood and its heals.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Much like runeblade - it has received an overhaul on the design of the class and is more in line with how the class was designed to be at the start (but we didnt have the resources to get that in motion)

It will take time and tweaking to get right.

KleenX

Iron
Ah thank you. Bloodmage is confused me after the recent changes. I really was scratching my head at the revamp. Then I vsed a Bloodmage and realized how strong the class was... This class really needs to be redone. It is just very strong.

Warmachinexp

Legacy Supporter 3
Well the class was a vamp overall and I'm guessing majority of testing was in small 3v3 or 1v1 fights. But in my opinion if you knew old bloodmage it could 1v1 any caster thanks to silence. Now it seems that the class has found a good state and everyone automatically calls it op.

The whole bloodboil I could agree for a bit of a nerf on it to either less instant damage, or the harder nerf would be bloodbond reduced to 20% from it's current 35% it think it is.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Well the class was a vamp overall and I'm guessing majority of testing was in small 3v3 or 1v1 fights. But in my opinion if you knew old bloodmage it could 1v1 any caster thanks to silence. Now it seems that the class has found a good state and everyone automatically calls it op.

The whole bloodboil I could agree for a bit of a nerf on it to either less instant damage, or the harder nerf would be bloodbond reduced to 20% from it's current 35% it think it is.

a 40% heal plus a 220 damage AOE is overpowered it is in a nowhere near balanced state.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
While I agree that there is an issue, you're spouting a lot of incorrect numbers around and bloating certain things way out of proportion. Stahp. You aren't taking into account that a Bloodmage will typically only deal one bloodboil per fight, and it will unlikely hit more than 3-4 targets. He will also never have enough mana to do it without having to transfuse once or twice (which costs 90 HP per use, by the way.)

I agree that it is healing more than it should be, but it doesn't heal as much as you think it does--nor does it happen as often. The main issue is that stacking multiple Bloodmages is causing the heals to go into overdrive and reach levels they shouldn't be reaching.

I'll address the situation when I get more time this week. However, whether or not those changes get pushed through before the next update is up to Kainzo, not me.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
While I agree that there is an issue, you're spouting a lot of incorrect numbers around and bloating certain things way out of proportion. Stahp. You aren't taking into account that a Bloodmage will typically only deal one bloodboil per fight, and it will unlikely hit more than 3-4 targets. He will also never have enough mana to do it without having to transfuse once or twice (which costs 90 HP per use, by the way.)

I agree that it is healing more than it should be, but it doesn't heal as much as you think it does--nor does it happen as often. The main issue is that stacking multiple Bloodmages is causing the heals to go into overdrive and reach levels they shouldn't be reaching.

I'll address the situation when I get more time this week. However, whether or not those changes get pushed through before the next update is up to Kainzo, not me.

Is it possible to nerf the healing when there is more than one BMG in the party? Kinda like how self-healing isn't as effective?

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I see more rage here than realistic suggestions to address the issue. Someone didn't read this.

Bloodmage should keep the damage it does(more or less),but this healing thing is a bit crazy. nonamemajdeath should know, it rapes Mystic.

The new BM system overall is so much better than it was before. The class now fits its name and description more than it ever has.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
I see more rage here than realistic suggestions to address the issue. Someone didn't read this.

Bloodmage should keep the damage it does(more or less),but this healing thing is a bit crazy. nonamemajdeath should know, it rapes Mystic.

The new BM system overall is so much better than it was before. The class now fits its name and description more than it ever has.

So you are sitting here telling me the damage is fair for being under the healing tree? I have read that thread and I supported an argument with numbers which may have been wrong but the boilblood numbers were correct. Me and nonamemajdeath are pretty good friends and he knows it is OP as hell. Sure the BM system is better but it shouldn't have the damage and healing it can pull off.

KleenX

Iron
So was the new Runeblade these classes now require more skill to play which I like and they fit their roles better but just like Runeblade did this needs a nerf...
Which it sounds like its getting.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
So you are sitting here telling me the damage is fair for being under the healing tree? I have read that thread and I supported an argument with numbers which may have been wrong but the boilblood numbers were correct. Me and nonamemajdeath are pretty good friends and he knows it is OP as hell. Sure the BM system is better but it shouldn't have the damage and healing it can pull off.

I said I agreed that the healing was over the top, but Bloodmage skills such as bloodboil have always done high damage so this really shouldn't be a surprise. The damage the old BM did was fair. The fact that it's under the healing tree makes no difference. Look at pyromancer. It's under the mage tree but it acts almost like a rogue.

Draining stamina is new for Bloodmage and is kind of unneeded as we already have "steal essence" which covers a very large variety of things.
you're spouting a lot of incorrect numbers around and bloating certain things way out of proportion. Stahp.
Edited stuff...

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
I said I agreed that the healing was over the top, but Bloodmage skills such as bloodboil have always done high damage so this really shouldn't be a surprise. The fact that it's under the healing tree makes no difference. Look at pyromancer. It's under the mage tree but it acts almost like a rogue.

Draining stamina is new for Bloodmage and is kind of unneeded as we already have "steal essence" which covers a very large variety of things.

BloodBoil was never an AOE.... I am really convinced you haven't seen or played against the new BM.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
BloodBoil was never an AOE.... I am really convinced you haven't seen or played against the new BM.

Thanks for editing out the part where I said "Old bloodmage".
I agree that AoE Bloodboil is absurd. Bloodboil shouldn't heal.
Type casting classes based on paths/trees doesn't work. Certainly has been brought against Bloodmage before and all attempts have failed.
I have mastered Bloodmage in game and played against nona. Just fyi

pandaman7

Legacy Supporter 3
Here are a few changes I would make:
  • As warmachine stated bloodbond needs to be decreased. Simply because a boilblood can 'full heal' a party. I would say somewhere around 20% as he stated would be a fine fix.
  • Another change I would say is to remove thickenblood and give bloodmage constrict again. Constrict was a better skill for them and was way better than thickenblood. The slowness wasn't incredibly overpowered considering it was what, slowness 1? But it allowed the bm/rest of the party to catch up to any class rather than only a select few (warriors and ninjas).
  • In return for that I would say decrease the amount healed from SiphonBlood to 80-100% + 6% per blood union. Bloodmages can simply outheal a lot of damage using SiphonBlood every 4 seconds. Of course this is not really practical due to mana costs, though it is still a lot of healing.
  • Change Bloodboil. Make it a warm up skill first of all and make it so that the damage is decreased to the other targets. So it would be 220 dmg to the initial target, then the targets within range of them would receive 110 damage as well. This would reduce the total amount healed to the party, but would still be a good AoE for group fights. Getting to 3 blood unions is fairly easy and good bloodmages should be able to get more than one off per fight. I'm not entirely sure on what the range of the AoE is, but if it is fairly large the damage could be changed even more.
Not sure if these would be perfect changes, of course they would need to be tweaked after more testing... But in my opinion Bloodmage should have been finely tuned before revamp #3, because it obviously was not.

globjako2

ICE ICE ICE!
If you can't burst a bloodmage down before it heals, then your class isn't a counter to it. That's all there is to it. Some bloodmage doesn't kill everything, and it most certainly can die. I don't see the problem.

Warmachinexp

Legacy Supporter 3
Here are a few changes I would make:
  • As warmachine stated bloodbond needs to be decreased. Simply because a boilblood can 'full heal' a party. I would say somewhere around 20% as he stated would be a fine fix.
  • Another change I would say is to remove thickenblood and give bloodmage constrict again. Constrict was a better skill for them and was way better than thickenblood. The slowness wasn't incredibly overpowered considering it was what, slowness 1? But it allowed the bm/rest of the party to catch up to any class rather than only a select few (warriors and ninjas).
  • In return for that I would say decrease the amount healed from SiphonBlood to 80-100% + 6% per blood union. Bloodmages can simply outheal a lot of damage using SiphonBlood every 4 seconds. Of course this is not really practical due to mana costs, though it is still a lot of healing.
  • Change Bloodboil. Make it a warm up skill first of all and make it so that the damage is decreased to the other targets. So it would be 220 dmg to the initial target, then the targets within range of them would receive 110 damage as well. This would reduce the total amount healed to the party, but would still be a good AoE for group fights. Getting to 3 blood unions is fairly easy and good bloodmages should be able to get more than one off per fight. I'm not entirely sure on what the range of the AoE is, but if it is fairly large the damage could be changed even more.
Not sure if these would be perfect changes, of course they would need to be tweaked after more testing... But in my opinion Bloodmage should have been finely tuned before revamp #3, because it obviously was not.

Just going to but in here and ask if you have played Bloodmage ever? Just a friendly question xD

1. Bloodbond was a bit much agreed we all agree it needs a slight nerf.
2. Bloodmage lost silence, this skill made Bloodmage able to kill almost any caster if they Bloodmage was good enough. They no longer have silence now they have thickenblood. Sure amazing skill in 1v1 and can render warriors nearly skill-inefficient during fights. But constrict was nothing, due to sprint jumping you can practically ignore a slow effect, look at any spell casting slow that is applied.
3. SiphonBlood was actually doing more damage before, it's damage was nerfed but healing buffed, overall it lowered damage but made the heal the same, from my understanding it's just as good as the Drainsoul was.
4. I do agree a warm-up should be added to BoilBlood

Honestly you just gotta trust Balance Team we do what we can in the time we have the changes available. I almost wanna say we need more communication on the BalanceTeam.