• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Oh yeah, real mature.

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
When the 1.0.0 super fast ice re-freeze rates come in, clean up will be alot easier.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
This reminds me that we can't Silktouch Ice blocks anymore. And it made me sad.
Could have just made it evaporate in the Nether but nooo...

Seratt

Inquisitor Generalis
Founder
It's been cleaned up, and Brutal kicked my ass... Sorry about this lol. Idk what the fuck I was on but I did it at like 3 am and I was really jittery and stuff :/
You didn't receive a warning?

That may change. I don't find this even remotely funny.

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
with the recent rash of things , this sort of thing should follow the rules already in place. warnings and bans if warranted.

Herocraft rules are there for a reason, and here it would seem .... monkey see monkey do.
(doesn't the rules apply to forums as well? )

I have faith that the admins/staff will take actions needed.

0xChase

Stone
Sorry, I did not know that those server-chat rules applied to the forums as well. Won't happen again.

Just out of curiosity, why exactly does that rule exist? Is there any specific reason, or do you guys just not like those sayings in general?

Thanks, and sorry again.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Sorry, I did not know that those server-chat rules applied to the forums as well. Won't happen again.

Just out of curiosity, why exactly does that rule exist? Is there any specific reason, or do you guys just not like those sayings in general?

Thanks, and sorry again.
You may not use any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable language toward any other player.

Yeah.. I don't entirely agree with the above rule as Herocraft is supposed to be a hardcore server and trash-talking should be allowed.. ,_, Anyways, for harassment, racial slurs, and things of that manner, there is a reason why rule #1 is in place.

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
Cursing is not prohibited. I believe you have to "Say it with Class" though. So I'm guessing it really applies on how you are using it. Spamming the F bomb every 10 minutes would probably be mutable.

ShizzDawgg

Godly
Cursing is not prohibited. I believe you have to "Say it with Class" though. So I'm guessing it really applies on how you are using it. Spamming the F bomb every 10 minutes would probably be mutable.
Brutal drop em like it's nobodys business haha xD

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
I wonder if people know how many people roll their eyes when they see childish stuff in chat 400 times a day,

the rules should be more strict in my opinion

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
my guess is that the mods/admins have a crap ton to deal with, and dont have time for what they view as 'petty issues' ie chat stuff, i lost blocks, countless /pe's

I do have a suggestion for it, put the smaller stuff to a group like sub mod, or chat admins, they will follow rules, and enforce them, ether by muting players, or kicking from game for 15-45 mins.

if i wanted to really read childish chat, i would sign on to aol or yahoo chat. I do not need to be reading it in HeroCraft, besides the fact 90% of server is 13-18 in age, and some things they simply do not need to be exposed to via minecraft. If they wish to use the internet for that purpose, fine, i'm not there parents.

Rules are already there.. i think staff is just over run by it all....

I volunteer to help enforce it as much as i can and more.
Just lack the power.. players see a few proctors/guides trying to keep chat above par, the players dont see them as chat enforcers.

From the wiki:
Chat Rules

The following actions are prohibited while in in-game chat channels, irc, teamspeak, and any Herocraft Online related forums:
  • Harassing, threatening, embarrassing, giving unwanted attention or discomfort to another player.
  • Impersonation of any Herocraft Online staff member.
  • Marketing, promoting or advertising of anything, or making any other form of solicitation.
    • This does not include items sold on Herocraft Online Service that are indigenous to Minecraft or Herocraft.
  • The use of any language besides English in main chat channels (global, trade, help, off-topic).
    • This includes e-bonics, internet m.emes, and various other forms of slang.
  • Spamming, begging, whining, and other similar forms of unwanted chat clutter.
  • Encouraging others to violate the rules set by staff.