• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Objection based Events/Battlegrounds.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
A post made by Sekcbaba http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/herocraft-world-domination-addition.41883/ inspired me to create something of the like.

To paraphrase the thread, I've made an outpost that would be available for conquering at any given time (whether it be during an event on the server, or in a different world by using /join battleground). The main objective is to get inside the outpost in order to receive loot. The only way inside the outpost is to stand at a designated 2x2 area 20 blocks from the outpost for x amount of seconds. For the purpose of explanation, if the door is set to open after being on the 2x2 for 20 seconds, but an opposing player knocks that player off the 2x2 at the 18th second, then the timer gets reset. If the player is successful on opening the door, the door will remain opened for 5 seconds, giving just enough time for a team to enter the outpost.

Once inside the outpost, you'll find yourself in a small area that leaves you susceptible to AOE attacks from most areas inside the building. In order to receive loot, however, you must stand at a 3x3 area just outside the door, leaving you susceptible to AOEs. If you are successful in standing at the 3x3 for 20 seconds, then loot will be dropped ontop of you via dispensers on the ceiling. Furthermore, once inside the outpost you are able to exit using a Lift Up sign (but players cannot Lift Down). This will give players a way to defend the outpost by knocking players off the 2x2 so they too don't enter the outpost to cause trouble.

You'd be surprised what you can accomplish with ICs, Dispensers, and Pistons. If anyone else has any other ideas when it comes to objective based games, let me know, and I'll attempt to re-create it. I'm currently working on one where loot is given as long as a player is detected in 4 different areas. It would be a team-based game that would require 4 members of a team to be standing in different areas at a close proximity of eachother (say 40 blocks away from each?). If that is fulfilled, then loot is given via dispenser. Alternatively, if that is fulfilled the battleground would end and reward the team who wins coins (I have no control over this).

TL;DR... A lot of Objective based games can be designed with ICs, all it takes is someone to make it, and someone to make the ball roll.

Can we do this, pretty please?

Sekcbaba

Stone
It seems like STD has got something goin on this - any chance for admins to take a look and consider please?

Sekcbaba

Stone
I know kainzo has been working on npc guards - could even incorporate those into these bases eventually depending on what kind of base it is. Not the one hour grab base though, maybe bases that can be attacked anytime could get npc guards for town that owns it or something.

Ultanian

Portal
Sekc, are you talking about maybe NPC dungeons? Guarded by those NPC guards?
It would be cool to have NPC cities that people can raid, instead of villages. I like your idea.

Sekcbaba

Stone
No i think it would be fun to have different kinds of outposts. A crazy, once a day outpost like STD built that has great rewards but is frantic and difficult to get them, and also some outposts that are more open to attack throughout the day with lesser rewards. Since kainzo is working on npc guards, the lesser outposts could have NPC guards that could help protect these outposts during lower population periods so they wouldnt change hands quite as easily.

But yes could have npc cities too. I dunno, so many fun things could be added, so little time. lol

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Been researching what some other servers are doing with objective based games and it looks amazing. Add in the fun of having Heroes in the mix, and I beg to ask the question "who wouldn't fucking love this?"

I already love CTF from another server (not based around vanilla logic though), and seeing the hilarity of people going around blasting each other with heroes skills over a flag is too good to pass up thinking about.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Another fortress based event that would be neat would be a fortress that teams fight to control. If a team possesses the center of the fort for a specified amount of time the fortress locks down and the possessing team has to eliminate the remaining enemies in the fortress to win. In the time where the fortress is locked down, the other teams trapped inside also have a chance to eliminate the possessing team to become themselves the possessing team. I could see how townships can play a part in this (the reward could be coins distributed into town bank, or an exemption from the week's taxes), as they would have to come back to defend the fortress if they want to still receive the bonus.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Another fortress based event that would be neat would be a fortress that teams fight to control. If a team possesses the center of the fort for a specified amount of time the fortress locks down and the possessing team has to eliminate the remaining enemies in the fortress to win. In the time where the fortress is locked down, the other teams trapped inside also have a chance to eliminate the possessing team to become themselves the possessing team. I could see how townships can play a part in this (the reward could be coins distributed into town bank, or an exemption from the week's taxes), as they would have to come back to defend the fortress if they want to still receive the bonus.

Sounds like a pretty great mix of PVE and PVP. I like this idea a lot.

Have you taken a look at this post yet?
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/something-new-something-fresh.42046/