• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

nvm 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joka10

Soulsand
I never really thought that I would actually put up a post in this section of the forums... I mean, for a while now, I have been thinking about leaving for various reasons, but I assumed I would just tell my friends ingame the day I left, log out, and just not log back in.

However, someone updated my game to 1.3 without backing up the jar, and it seems I do not have a compatible one on hand. Also, my Spout's way outdated and sometimes even the menu lags way too much for me to use it. I know Herocraft will update to 1.3 before long, but if I wait much longer, I'm going to forget to say anything at all, and, as it stands, I did tell some people I would tell them before I left.

I could do a PM, but I'd forget people, just as I will when I put in the tags... So, at least anyone who wants to can see this.

longwinded
Well, goodbye, I guess. I came ingame for the last time a while ago, though at the time, I wasn't sure it would really be the last time. Anyway, this server has been great. I've played Minecraft since before SMP even existed, and out of all the servers I've played, I have rarely seen such a dedicated group of staff, or such unique and game-changing plugins. As of late, though, I've just been losing interest and I am too busy with other things to be active anymore.

I joined in late January, as my most cherished server died away. It had been a semi-RP server, and when I saw "RPG" above this one, I kinda felt like participating in that. Anyway, I avoided these forums at first (except for posting my application, of course), and I made my start ingame by walking into the Nexus, spinning around to select a portal, and ending up facing what is now the Southwest.

There was no better portal.

I stepped out, and it was night. I was a level 1 Rogue/Crafter, and there were a lot of mobs. As I had no destination in mind, I decided I better wait somewhere safe until morning. A couple people who appeared just as new as me made a little dirt hollow in the side of a hill just outside of the no-build zone. I walked up and asked if I could wait with them until morning. They obliged, and also gave me food. I don't remember who those people were, but that is one of the many times that I was lucky to choose the portal I did. Anywhere else, there were already large towns with leveled players waiting to kill naive little nubs like I was at the time. But in that region, I was given shelter and food instead of death. Fun.

At this time, I was still convinced there were people roleplaying, so I was doing that myself... I didn't use Old English or anything (and I hope I never have to...), but I still sounded kinda funny to my hosts, I bet. Anyway, I left in the morning, climbed over a mountain (through which I would later build a road), got lost, and ended up outside of a town called Konoha at sunset. I had a stone sword at this point, so I wasn't too afraid of mobs (though I certainly should have been), and, as opposed to the previous night, my thoughts upon finding civilization were to raid it (naive little nubhood).

I was snooping around the very unfortified town (so different now), when I had my first real experience with hostile mobs on this server. The inhabitants of the town found me outside, and I, originally wanting to raid, was now once again requesting shelter. They let me into their base and into their channel, healed me, and allowed me to stay the night. However, near dawn, a large raiding party came and attacked.

I think it was Torchlight, though there were several raiding groups in that area at the time, as I later learned. Anyway, they stood outside the gate trying to hit us, as we tried to hit them ("we" isn't the best term because I was pretty much told to stay out of the way...), and eventually they left. I left the shelter of the town that morning, rather than joining, as, though I had realized that nobody roleplayed at this point and had stopped trying myself, I still wanted to be a loner (my RP goal upon joining).

I soon learned that that was a dumb idea, as I died many, many times from mobs, and even more from the raiders. For a while, I acted as a sort of surveillance for my friends in Konoha who had given me shelter. I would report raiders when I saw them, and I even found a few of their bases (/region info would have given most of the information at the time, but at least one raider group didn't quite have regions). Whenever I saw raiders, I would try to kill them... with my stone sword bound to envenom and my yellow flower bound to kick. That never worked <.< and I am surprised that I never obtained the title of Failure during that time.

Anyway, after a while of dying every ten minutes, I caved and requested to join Konoha. I got in, and I stayed in that town until just recently, when I briefly became the SiC of new Valor, part of the new kingdom based around Konoha.

I had a lot of good times in Konoha, though there was some drama too. Wierdly, soon after I joined the town (trying to hide from raiders), all the raiding groups in that area broke up or became inactive. Our friends did too... Wilderness, our ally, was dead before I even joined Konoha, and Valor quickly became inactive. For a while, Konoha was the sole major settlement in the Southwest and we just kept to ourselves, expanding the town and screwing around (I hope everyone else in town still remembers that giant tree xD). I think it was ebilaxe who first got us involved in helping out RaubTier, and while I don't really appreciate some of your actions shortly after that, thanks for getting us involved there, because I *think* I made a lot of friends (not to mention that lasting alliance between us and the FE).

We became more active as a town in the server after that (even though the town itself had always been active, just not really involved in server affairs), and we spent a long time assisting the FE against various attackers. They still come today, but in small, suckish groups without any of their best members. I only participated in one FE attack, though I helped defend them many times, and that would be that hilarious raid on Altum where about 30 people were all killed by the TC who they thought were working with them.

Then there was a type of peace for a while, and that's when the anti-TC guilds started coming. I only ever joined the Templars, who, like all the others, died out eventually, but that was a fantastic guild, and my skin still has the red cross on it.

Slowly, though, as all the happenings on the server fell into a still-unbroken routine of tedium, I grew bored (I've also gotten a lot busier, but if I really wanted to, I could still find time to get ingame (well not now because I don't have 1.2.5, but still)). I had a few fun times in Warshard, primarily that time where I hid spamming Fade and holding onto my friends' loot, giving it to them and taking it as needed. Haha... those idiots must have been so confused at how we kept getting stuff and they kept losing it (broken thievery in Warshard was fun...). I also liked jumping from the top of the sails into the water with Smoke, and taking the lift up to the air balloon, from which I would combine Backflip and One to make an awesome escape... But the novelty of Warshard kinda wore off, and I just didn't care enough to level all the way to 60. Various vacations and work got in the way of me logging on even when I wanted to, and now, I'm making this post.

That routine of tedium I mentioned will not be broken by changes in plugins or by actions on behalf of the staff. It'll be broken by a player, more influential than myself (I tried this and everyone who seemed to be helping just wandered off), who actually tries to do something different. Idk, make a town meant for people to visit it, not to be a war fortress. Or, instead of trying to kill enemy raiders by raiding them, actually make war on them. Just something new...

But I won't turn this into a rant because it is already way too long. I played here for about 7 months, and most of that time was great. However, it's just time for me to leave. Thank you, staffish people, for making a fantastic server, and goodbye.

Short: I had a great time here for the most part, but I'm losing interest and gaining business. Thanks to the staff for making a great server with great plugins, and thanks to most of the community for being great. I'd like to stay, but at the same time, I think I'm done. Goodbye D:

Tags :D
@Archmage_Lloyd (you changed your forum name o.o): You will certainly be one of the people I remember fondly from this server. I probably interacted with you the most out of anyone. We were friendly and hateful towards one another, but I consider you my friend without a doubt. You always hated how long-winded I was, so you get to read the above monstrosity which I have put in a spoiler for simplicity's sake. I'm sorry that I couldn't be your SiC, even though I was the first (I think) that you asked. I wish you luck with Valor and any other things you might do on this server.

@AzenYumCha : You're a great leader and it was an honor to have you as a Mayor/Kage/thing. Now you're even the leader of a new kingdom <3 Though there are many influential players on this server, I think if anyone can change the way things are right now, it could very well be you. You are a leader of that alliance forum group... most people seem to have lost interest, but you could still bring it back if you wanted to. Good luck with the RoF, and thank you for letting me join Konoha even after that horrible incident with Moonfall <.<

@MiguelA777 : Where did you go D: my old SC buddy... I don't think I'm really saying goodbye because I'll probably see you again on those old forums (hopefully), but just in case, thanks for being, like, one of my first MC friends ever :D

@allthekonoha/valorpeople: I can't tag all my old townies because there are too many :( A lot of you newer ones, I unfortunately don't really know, but you are in Konoha so you're awesome. I have a lot of stuff I'd like to say, but I don't have much time left to type... lol...

@alltheFE: You have the best and biggest kingdom on the map. Thanks to my friends for being, well, friends. Now get kingdom regions already D:

@everyoneelseIforgotorwhoissadthattheydidn'tgetaspecialtag: Even now I am pressed for time :( I would like to tag everyone but I just can't... Thanks for making most of my time on this server great, and gl and stuffz.

I saw two locked threads in this section today. Don't make my thread get locked :(

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Remember the project we talked about?
I will try to make it real (at least in game)
You will always have your role in that group (if it get's on it's legs) if you ever want to come back.

Good luck on whatever you are planning to do in the future,
see you soon.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
In response to your title, Kainzo has been locking threads that don't follow the rule of this subforum:

"This area is for scheduled (and unscheduled) breaks. If you are temp not playing the server out of boredom - please do not post in this area."

Status
Not open for further replies.