• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Not-So Monthly PVP Tournaments

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8

This tournament was 4 months ago, and highlighted the skill of players when pitched against one another. These tournaments were supposedly 'monthly' but for the past 4 months there has been no word as to when, if ever, the 5v5 tourney will return.

The admins have said that they will host one when they get the time to host one. Correct me if I am wrong but the PVP tourney brings in a ton of players onto the server and pits them against one another in one of the most anticipated and enjoyed events on the server. The tournament allowed teams to show their skill, get that rep and to the victor...went the spoils.

I, as well as the majority of members on the server I think it's fair to say, would like to have this 5v5 tourney back. When I was a herald, the preparations were being made for us to set up the tourney but I haven't heard anything since. Surely some staff could find a few hours of their time to host a 5v5 tourney again?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I, as well as the majority of members on the server I think it's fair to say, would like to have this 5v5 tourney back. When I was a herald, the preparations were being made for us to set up the tourney but I haven't heard anything since. Surely some staff could find a few hours of their time to host a 5v5 tourney again?

The issue is that a tournament needs about 2 weeks to allow people to get teams together and sort their shit out. Now I have many things coming out of the wood work IRL at the present so I cannot garuntee that I will be there on the day at the given weekend as something might come up. So if I organize it and something does come up I would then be unable to host the event and it would most likely fall through and not take place.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
The issue is that a tournament needs about 2 weeks to allow people to get teams together and sort their shit out. Now I have many things coming out of the wood work IRL at the present so I cannot garuntee that I will be there on the day at the given weekend as something might come up. So if I organize it and something does come up I would then be unable to host the event and it would most likely fall through and not take place.
Understandable, why not let someone else take the reins and host it?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Understandable, why not let someone else take the reins and host it?
I have but no one we trust to manage the event has stepped up to do so.