• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Not Losing Everything When You Die

donaldmax1

Soulsand
The image says it all just for you xblock.
images

parkerjdude

Legacy Supporter 6
Honestly, doesn't the deathchest disappear after an amount of time @Falker57 If you could just defend the chest, it would disappear, I might be wrong, but..

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Honestly, doesn't the deathchest disappear after an amount of time @Falker57 If you could just defend the chest, it would disappear, I might be wrong, but..
They only despawn if the chunk is active. I have been in the remote wilderness mining and logged off for the night, then in the morning the items I had dropped were still there.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
This is my draft text for the Wiki on death chests. I've written it from my experience at HC. Please let me know if any of it is wrong.

Death chest
Available to all donors. Free sign becomes available from Tier 5, and Insta-loot from Tier 6.
For this to work, you must be carrying a chest in your inventory. If you die, your items will drop into the chest – but the chest will be dropped too. You will still need to return to your death point to collect the chest. The advantage is that if your death was caused by burning or explosion, you will not lose any of your items to the fire/explosion – except if you die in lava.
You also get extra time to get your stuff back. Your chest will initially be locked. It will become unlocked at 800 seconds and will disappear at 1800 seconds.
To use Insta-loot, right click on the sign on your chest. Note, the chest itself does not always return to your inventory.

The Donor Perks also say you get a double chest at Tier 4, but I haven't found this to work, and also can't see the point as your inventory only needs a single chest - unless it's to take your armor as well.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
The Donor Perks also say you get a double chest at Tier 4, but I haven't found this to work, and also can't see the point as your inventory only needs a single chest - unless it's to take your armor as well.
You're missing the extra crap in your hotbar too.

J

Jinder745

With the 4.0 of Herocraft coming out, so soon. One terrible memory I had on the server was losing all my diamonds when dying by creeper explosion. So I thought, how about a plugin so when you die you don't lose all your hard work! It could work by losing random items and stacks each time you die, and if you have a deathstreak the amount of items lost increases. This makes it a little bit easier, while still maintaining the danger of dying, because you never know what you might lose! What do you guys think?
This is so retarded you dont even know