• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Not Losing Everything When You Die

With the 4.0 of Herocraft coming out, so soon. One terrible memory I had on the server was losing all my diamonds when dying by creeper explosion. So I thought, how about a plugin so when you die you don't lose all your hard work! It could work by losing random items and stacks each time you die, and if you have a deathstreak the amount of items lost increases. This makes it a little bit easier, while still maintaining the danger of dying, because you never know what you might lose! What do you guys think?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
While dying sucks, it's about how quickly you can get items back.
The rate of acquirement in Minecraft is abnormally high, therefore the risk involved with dying is also high.

You aren't actually losing items, you can run back and pick them up.
You lose them if:
1) a player steals them
2) a creeper explodes them
3) lava eats them

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
SUGGESTION - A donor's death chest can be LWC'd for their reduced price. When you die it could come up with a message in chat saying something like " You died and a chest was placed containing your items, would you like to protect the chest for ***c? " Then the player could be required to type out a command either confirming or denying that.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
SUGGESTION - A donor's death chest can be LWC'd for their reduced price. When you die it could come up with a message in chat saying something like " You died and a chest was placed containing your items, would you like to protect the chest for ***c? " Then the player could be required to type out a command either confirming or denying that.

No it is hardcore =P

I would not mind that in regards to a player death, but lava or creepers should still destroy the items in my opinion.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
Does this even work?

Orangedude345

Legacy Supporter 3
I could agree with the chest thing for donors so if like a mob killed you it might be easier to get it back but at the same time if it's LWC then I'm gonna have to say that's a bit OP for donors. I don't want anything too imbalanced. Also you'd have to make sure it couldn't exploit regions.

F

Falker57

Death chests are stupid and overpowered. If you dont like mobs use recall. If you dont have recall then level up if its on a cd wait it out. There are tons of ways not to lose your shit.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
Death chests are stupid and overpowered. If you dont like mobs use recall. If you dont have recall then level up if its on a cd wait it out. There are tons of ways not to lose your shit.

How is death chest overpowered? The majority of things you can die from don't even make the chest drop. Only something like fall damage drops a chest.

F

Falker57

I like playing games because you get this adrenaline rush and your heart is pounding and you are freaking out. It comes from being in danger. If you are never in danger then it is usually not as fun. (there is an exception in minecraft like building but that is another explanation). So I think the harder it is to get your hard earned items then the more accomplished you will feel. Think about it: If you would just go mining spend TONS of time getting good stuff then what is the fun in that? You just spent loads of time and it wasnt even fun. Plus we have recall. If losing your items was such a problem then just recall or use the skill warp. Honestly this thread is kind of silly...