• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Noob's Guild

born8bit

Gold
Hi, welcome to my attempt to meet people who are similar to me. When I say similar I mean new to Herocraft:The Multiverse. I'm looking to start, not a guild per se, but a collective group of people. Mainly consists of noobs or people who have a hard time getting their voice out there. Maybe you don't log in as much, maybe you don't have TS, or maybe it's because the handle you chose just isnt that catchy/cool. Now, I understand the people who have been on here since launch or close to, have budding relationships with a ton a people. That's cool, I encourage that. Can I suggest maybe implementing a mentorship system. Which can take some of the slack off of [Guides] because I'm sure they wanna play.
So let this be the prototype of that system. Noobs would come to this thread and reply with them stating they are in need of a mentor. Mentors can also peek here for them a protege. Win/Win.

Please reply with further ideas or comments.
Thanks for input and acknowledgment

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Hi, welcome to my attempt to meet people who are similar to me. When I say similar I mean new to Herocraft:The Multiverse. I'm looking to start, not a guild per se, but a collective group of people. Mainly consists of noobs or people who have a hard time getting their voice out there. Maybe you don't log in as much, maybe you don't have TS, or maybe it's because the handle you chose just isnt that catchy/cool. Now, I understand the people who have been on here since launch or close to, have budding relationships with a ton a people. That's cool, I encourage that. Can I suggest maybe implementing a mentorship system. Which can take some of the slack off of [Guides] because I'm sure they wanna play.
So let this be the prototype of that system. Noobs would come to this thread and reply with them stating they are in need of a mentor. Mentors can also peek here for them a protege. Win/Win.

Please reply with further ideas or comments.
Thanks for input and acknowledgment
First off, want to address the Guide comment as I am one myself. Personally, being a Guide doesn't interfere with me just playing, or town responsibilities. I find it pretty simple to switch over to Tour while mining, hunting mobs, etc.,

The "Mentorship" system you're talking about is mainly done through towns, or at least has been done that way since 2010.

born8bit

Gold
Cool. I feel like I came off the wrong way. Honestly I don't know what or how much the guides "work". Looks like I put my foot in my mouth. lol. I was just saying having an environment where new people are paid attention to. Even though I'm in a town, I get plenty unanswered questions due to someone being busy or occupied with a conversation. It can get frustrating at times and I dislike spamming. So while I'm learning thru trial and error, I use that knowledge to help those that don't get attention.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Cool. I feel like I came off the wrong way. Honestly I don't know what or how much the guides "work". Looks like I put my foot in my mouth. lol. I was just saying having an environment where new people are paid attention to. Even though I'm in a town, I get plenty unanswered questions due to someone being busy or occupied with a conversation. It can get frustrating at times and I dislike spamming. So while I'm learning thru trial and error, I use that knowledge to help those that don't get attention.
You should try /ch tour, or /ch h.
Those channels are made for questions.
If you ask a question no matter what it is about, it will most likely be answered pretty fast, if nobody answers wait some time, and ask again.

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
You may just need a different town. May I suggest Freyrham?

Freyrham is a noob-friendly agricultural community. The town is not officially established yet, but has become a place for a number of players to casually hang out and lend a helping hand to one another. Since Freyrham is not an "official" town, there is no requirement to join as a formal member. (In fact, the majority of current residents are actually members of other towns, which is totally okay. They use Freyrham as a base of operations and safe haven in exchange for helping out the town and other residents.)

Anyhow, Noobs are welcome in Freyrham. PM me in game and I can help you find it!