• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Non player damage

TeamShovel

Legacy Supporter 7
Arrows should do something like 300 damage. It would make arrow to traps scary and fun. 300 damage would be enough to barely run away but enough to be dangerous.
but u can setup multiple of them to shoot and hit someone at once. so instead of takin 300 damage , youll get hit by 2-3 arrows and take 900. Inwhich not many can survive

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Lots of skills ? Are you crazy ? Masons can make lifts, bridges, gates and hidden doors / switches. I wouldn't call that a lot of skills. And even if they had 100 skills like Engineers they don't compare to some like a Miner, or Farmer, Smith, etc... for making money or usefulness. Once your town has lifts how often are you looking for an Engineer or Mason ? Never - but you always need a Farmer, Smith, etc... Just trying to balance out the professions so its not a chore to find a Mason to make some lifts. You can always find Smiths, Farmers, Miners and such online, but Mason and Engineers are fairly rare.

Masons are great for lifts. And, from my experience, people need lifts changed all the time. Especially in townships (cough cough @UltimateOptics), as buildings get renovated and new structures are made. So to say that masons are not needed frequently, I feel, is not true. I guess you're right in saying that masons do not have many skills, but the number of times you end up using the skills they have makes up for the shortage of them.

MAJORAS - change your avatar back to those nice trees :mad:

Pfft fine. Too much peer pressure.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
When I think "hardcore server", I think a dangerous place where groups band together to survive. This server is doing great to give that feel in combat against monsters and other players, however I find it very lacking in the trap department. I just tested dispenser shot arrow damage on the 1.6.4 test server and after a good 5 arrows, I didn't even lower in half a heart of health. Traps should be a fundamental part of herocraft. There are tripwires, dispensers, and redstone for a reason. I think upping the damage of dispensed arrows, fire charges, and anything else shot out of dispensers at players should do at least 50-60 damage MINIMUM. I would average the damage of them out to 80-100 personally. Castles and bandit bases were most feared for their traps and advantage points, not the soldiers within them.
I'll agree on the dispenser damage being poor, but everything else is where it should be. As for there not being enough traps on the map... You've never been to Umbra ;)

I'll make sure you find my traps first hand when the map resets.

Northac

Obsidian
Mason and Engineers are fairly rare.
I was a mason for all of last map, did a few jobs, while i didnt get a ton of business (all of like 3 jobs really) I did like it some. But I cannot say I did not want more from it, but i can not think of another thing to add to it and engineer has a lot of skills (at least from the wiki) but I do not know if a combo of them would be good. And though some arrow traps and such would be very cool, I can make a lava trap easy, would be kinda intresting to do so...........hmmmmm.....

MagikCardz

Gold
When I think "hardcore server", I think a dangerous place where groups band together to survive. This server is doing great to give that feel in combat against monsters and other players, however I find it very lacking in the trap department. I just tested dispenser shot arrow damage on the 1.6.4 test server and after a good 5 arrows, I didn't even lower in half a heart of health. Traps should be a fundamental part of herocraft. There are tripwires, dispensers, and redstone for a reason. I think upping the damage of dispensed arrows, fire charges, and anything else shot out of dispensers at players should do at least 50-60 damage MINIMUM. I would average the damage of them out to 80-100 personally. Castles and bandit bases were most feared for their traps and advantage points, not the soldiers within them.
I would love to see this in game. If this is in, I'm Engineering.

Northac

Obsidian
What Herocraft should do is make the turret's arrows scale with the creator's Agility.

Im not sure how much they can do with that, it seems to me it would be a big codding issue, and while a cool idea, im am not sure it is fesible. I know the big mmo makers can do it, i dont know if our server and such has the kind of memory to handle that (i could be wrong) and while our dev team are doing an amazing job, that may put a bit of strain on them.

Of course I could be completly wrong and it could happen with a simple line of code. Any devs want to comment?