• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion ninjas backflip

OysterbOy

Coal
so today i was messing around with my dragoon friend and seeing who could jump further and no matter how i jumped no matter where i looked he would always beat me and the best i could get was 3 blocks away from his jump.

i was wondering why our jump cost 4 stamina and takes 4 seconds when theirs is like better and cost less and go further.

could the ninja backflip be taken down to 3 stamina and 3 seconds too or would that be messing us the balance thing?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
They are direct inverses of the skill - the code is identical except one pushes you back and one pushes you forward. The velocity in the code is set to the same amount.

kongrave

Portal
They are direct inverses of the skill - the code is identical except one pushes you back and one pushes you forward. The velocity in the code is set to the same amount.
The difference is you cant sprint backwards.

0ysterb0y because its harder to aim backwards. and it doesnt go as far.

OysterbOy

Coal
100% agreed but only if you stand still and dont jump or move. but when sprinting is added in jump goes so much further because we cant sprint backwards and that causes us to slow down when ninjas should be the fastest class.

but my idea for this suggestion was about why does jump cost less than backflip when backflip is harder to do..

1)dragoon:sprint jump then use skill jump wait 3seconds repeat and never stop sprinting

2) ninja:sprint stop sprinting make a 180 aim in a general area pray for nothing in you way, use your skill, make another 180 and hope you landed in the right place then sprint wait 4 seconds and repeat

look at how much effort was put into a backflip, i wouldnt mind have a frontflip and cost the same as a backflip or backflip cost 1 stamina less and 1 second less of a cool down.

i know if i was any other class i wouldnt mind fighting a ninja who got either one of those and im pretty sure other people would feel the same way too.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
100% agreed but only if you stand still and dont jump or move. but when sprinting is added in jump goes so much further because we cant sprint backwards and that causes us to slow down when ninjas should be the fastest class.

but my idea for this suggestion was about why does jump cost less than backflip when backflip is harder to do..

1)dragoon:sprint jump then use skill jump wait 3seconds repeat and never stop sprinting

2) ninja:sprint stop sprinting make a 180 aim in a general area pray for nothing in you way, use your skill, make another 180 and hope you landed in the right place then sprint wait 4 seconds and repeat

look at how much effort was put into a backflip, i wouldnt mind have a frontflip and cost the same as a backflip or backflip cost 1 stamina less and 1 second less of a cool down.

i know if i was any other class i wouldnt mind fighting a ninja who got either one of those and im pretty sure other people would feel the same way too.
Ninjas and dragoons dont use backflip/jump when fighting. They use them to engage or disengage on their target. They also use it for running but nothing more.

OysterbOy

Coal
Ninjas and dragoons dont use backflip/jump when fighting. They use them to engage or disengage on their target. They also use it for running but nothing more.
i know.... thats why i explained on how much work goes into a backflip when it cost more than a jump and takes longer to do, and makes it harder to catch up or run away because we have to stop sprinting but a dragoon never does.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
i know.... thats why i explained on how much work goes into a backflip when it cost more than a jump and takes longer to do, and makes it harder to catch up or run away because we have to stop sprinting but a dragoon never does.
Ninjas have energize

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Since no one has explained why ninja's mobility skills cost more than dragoon's, I will.

Dragoons are tanky and deal sub-par melee damage. Besides being The Mobility Class, this means that their position on the battlefield actually is less decisive (they can take 1 more fireball to the face/if they are immediately in someone's face it isn't game ending).

Ninjas have the highest melee damage in the game, and they are also much squishier. Therefore, positioning is much more key to ninja's strategy, as they are either bursting someone or being focused/burst themselves.

Therefore, a ninja who uses Backflip well is poised to have a very effective skill, whereas even the best dragoon Jump is still just a very consistent performing (never really any more or less effective) mechanic.