• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ninja

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Ok. I know there have been a lot of suggestions for reworking ninja, but I thought of another one. As much as many of you may hate it, it's blackjack. "Oh no!!! Not blackjack! That ruined part of haven!" Well hear me out for a second.

So blackjack is a gambling game, so why not make the blackjack skill a gamble.

Skill name: blackjack
Skill description: you stun your target within 5 blocks for 1.5 seconds.
Chance: 20% chance of successful stun, +1.50% per charisma point.
Endurance cost: 400-450
Level: 35 (replace the unused garrote)

Note: the stun does not scale with charisma, only the chance of the stun.

Now I know many people are opposed to ninja getting a stun, but I think ninja isn't in the best spot right now, and this could make it a little more balanced. By sacrificing points to charisma for a higher chance of a stun, you would lose points in constitution, agility, or strength, which imo would balance out.

Thoughts? Try not to be harsh, but I want your honest feedback.

BrusLi44

Legacy Supporter 4
Anything is good if it replaces garrote .

That skill has no use , as kick is a better alternative .

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Well I'm not in favor of giving ninja a 100% chance of a stun again, and you can build up your chances with charisma

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Honestly, the reason Blackjack was OP was the % chance of stun. Either you'd be stunlocked the entire fight, or it wouldnt work once and you actually crushed the ninja.

%-Chance skills & MC don't mix well.
I DO like that you made the % chance scale, instead of the actual stun though.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
RNG skills shouldn't decide the outcome of the fight. A RNG skill should only be having a small affect on the fight, not a huge impact like this

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
RNG skills shouldn't decide the outcome of the fight. A RNG skill should only be having a small affect on the fight, not a huge impact like this

Agreed. Keep RNG out of games, it's like TF2 crits which are disabled on all servers that take themself serious.

RNG has no place in a game where there's PVP, it just makes for frustrating fights.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I understand where you guys are coming from but I'd really like to get @Kainzo to express his opinion about RNG skills. I'm pretty sure I saw something where he said he would like it to be in game, but maybe I'm mistaken

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Would be silly to have a skill that doesn't work half the time and leaves you with half stam...

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Would be silly to have a skill that doesn't work half the time and leaves you with half stam...
Well that's the gamble! If it works, then you get a good amount of damage, if not, you lose some stamina. You always have energize to restore stamina

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Well that's the gamble! If it works, then you get a good amount of damage, if not, you lose some stamina. You always have energize to restore stamina
But what kind of gamble...if you are lucky you win and if you aren't you lose? Its better to balance around skill rather than luck.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
But what kind of gamble...if you are lucky you win and if you aren't you lose? Its better to balance around skill rather than luck.
If you aren't lucky, you could maybe get caught too close to let's say a melee class with half your stamina.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
A long cooldown would help, and maybe a .5-1 second warmup? I do think this would work

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
A simple gamble stun would make ninja boring though.. D:
IMO a stun that has requirements like garrote does is better than some RNG crap.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
A simple gamble stun would make ninja boring though.. D:
IMO a stun that has requirements like garrote does is better than some RNG crap.
I don't understand how this gambling is more "boring" than holding a piece of string

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
I don't understand how this gambling is more "boring" than holding a piece of string
Hold on... wiki-ed it, I was mistaken. I thought it required you to be behind your target or something. Anyway, what I meant was having to get behind your target or something of the sort, would be more fun than to kite and possibly get a chance to do something.